44 minutes ago, Supratim Chakraborty said:

Hey everyone.

I received an email from the ischool about a meet and greet and that says congratulations on the offer. but i didnt really receive any mails as such about the actual offer . Does that mean i got through ?

Hey! I would assume yes but would probably email Andrea just to be safe... could be that your offer is coming by postal service. Have you checked your ROSI/ACORN status? Could also be another indicator. 

1 hour ago, frannyt said:

Hey! I would assume yes but would probably email Andrea just to be safe... could be that your offer is coming by postal service. Have you checked your ROSI/ACORN status? Could also be another indicator. 

ROSI / ACORN would mean this website right ? https://apply.sgs.utoronto.ca/

1 minute ago, Supratim Chakraborty said:

ROSI / ACORN would mean this website right ? https://apply.sgs.utoronto.ca/

No, I mean this one: http://www.rosi.utoronto.ca/ !! You can create your student account and usually if you've been accepted it will show invited to register. Prior to my acceptance it just said "no registration history". I would start by emailing Andrea though! She usually responds really quickly (:

I got the reply, so my postal offer letter hasn't yet reached me, was mailed on March 13th but apparently hasn't yet reached me. 

But in short, yay!!! ischool September 2017 is happening . I would love to know who are the other people coming this fall.

Hi Guys! 

Just got my admission offer in the mail. I'm coming from Calgary, but still trying to decide between UBC and U of T. Anyone have any advice about either school? 

55 minutes ago, Spzr said:

@frannyt Just got an email from Andrea that 5 more TALint positions became available, so there's still hoping we might get one. 

Yeah I saw! I hope that doesn't mean the other positions have been filled already ): regardless, I'll definitely apply to 2 more.

@Taylomac welcome to the chat!! Haha. Wish I could help but I don't know much about UBC and all I know about U of T is the research I've done online. 

@Nick.lb hey! I my decision came in about a week later. The impression I got from the email was that my application had not yet been looked at all so she was just going to put a notice that I had got in touch with them. I'm not totally sure it had any influence or if I was just lucky enough to be part of the next batch of reviewed applicants. How long ago did you contact her? They might be waiting to hear back from a certain number of applications before sending out more acceptances maybe?? 

Edited by frannyt

@frannyt Thanks for replying! I contacted her on Tuesday and she got back to me on the same day. She also said my application was still being reviewed, which I also think means they haven't had a look at it yet since she said the same thing when I emailed her on March 3rd. When do applicants need to officially accept their offers? Carol also mentioned the "rolling basis" of acceptances so I really do hope they haven't reached their capacity for Fall 2017, which I think is unlikely since the April 31 deadline is still a month away.

48 minutes ago, Nick.lb said:

@frannyt Thanks for replying! I contacted her on Tuesday and she got back to me on the same day. She also said my application was still being reviewed, which I also think means they haven't had a look at it yet since she said the same thing when I emailed her on March 3rd. When do applicants need to officially accept their offers? Carol also mentioned the "rolling basis" of acceptances so I really do hope they haven't reached their capacity for Fall 2017, which I think is unlikely since the April 31 deadline is still a month away.

are you an international student or canadian?? I was given four weeks from the date accepted (March 10th). I doubt they've reached full capacity; they might just be waiting to see how many more they can accept seeing as they are still taking applications? Who knows... hopefully you get a response soon!! 

Edited by frannyt

7 hours ago, frannyt said:

are you an international student or canadian?? I was given four weeks from the date accepted (March 10th). I doubt they've reached full capacity; they might just be waiting to see how many more they can accept seeing as they are still taking applications? Who knows... hopefully you get a response soon!! 

I'm actually a Canadian citizen but studied abroad, which probably categorizes me as an international student. If they are waiting, I guess I'll know starting April. I too applied to the McGill program not too long ago, but I'm leaning towards UofT

Does anyone know how are the UofT's dorm rooms? And when should I ideally start applying for it ? I am considering staying on campus in the first semester, and then probably shift in an apartment the next sem. 

3 hours ago, Legacy23 said:

Does anyone know how are the UofT's dorm rooms? And when should I ideally start applying for it ? I am considering staying on campus in the first semester, and then probably shift in an apartment the next sem. 

You can check out the dorm rooms for graduates on the UofT Grad House page, I personally applied. However, applications opened up on Feb 1 and applications are considered on a first come first served basis. 

On 3/21/2017 at 10:27 PM, frannyt said:

Im also coming from McGill!! What are you studying right now?? 

Heyy Just wonder are you going to the meet and greet thing on 1st April? 

1 hour ago, stdenis said:

Heyy Just wonder are you going to the meet and greet thing on 1st April? 

Hey!

Yes I am! Managed to get a flight in and out on the same day for a really good price using points. Finals are the week after so can't stay too long, but didn't want to miss it. What about you?? 

21 hours ago, Nick.lb said:

You can check out the dorm rooms for graduates on the UofT Grad House page, I personally applied. However, applications opened up on Feb 1 and applications are considered on a first come first served basis. 

Oh alright. I'll look into it. Thanks!

13 hours ago, frannyt said:

Hey!

Yes I am! Managed to get a flight in and out on the same day for a really good price using points. Finals are the week after so can't stay too long, but didn't want to miss it. What about you?? 

I'm thinking about driving there on Friday then get back on Saturday!! Haven't registered for the event but hopefully will decide before Wednesday. Really don't wanna miss it!

31 minutes ago, stdenis said:

I'm thinking about driving there on Friday then get back on Saturday!! Haven't registered for the event but hopefully will decide before Wednesday. Really don't wanna miss it!

okay cool! Let me know. Maybe we can meet during the meet and greet part at the end during refreshments! 

if anyone else is going to the meet and greet on the 1st and want to meet up during the "refreshment" part let me know! I would love to meet people from the program before the fall semester starts...