I am incredibly excited to announce that I received my first acceptance offer to Boston University for their MAT program :) 

Anyway, I was on the forum trying to find other people who were accepted to schools and excited about it but all of the forums that were about acceptance were also about rejections. I felt bad about posting how happy I was when their post all seemed like they were stressed so I decided to create my own chain where all who have been accepted and are excited about it can shout it from the rooftops meaning post about it in here.

Applied: UNCW, CCU, BU, GWU

Waiting: UNCW, CCU, GWU

Accepted: BU

Haha.  I got into my Ph.D. Program weeks ago and have been mired with all the practical details, but just late night I randomly ran out to my husband in the living room giddily rejoicing in the acceptance.  It's a good feeling.  Bask.

Applied to 4 programmes, accepted by 2, application delayed on 1, and still waiting on the other. The first two are Imperial College and UCL which are both amazing schools so I'm ecstatic! But also spent the past 2 months trying to work out which to go to x_x.

Thank you for this thread!

So excited that:

a. I was accepted to all the programs I applied for;

b. I was accepted with funding into all the programs I applied for;

c. I just accepted an offer that covers all of the tuition costs and provides RAships and TAships!

*Dead*

I was rejected by several of the programs I applied for. Accepted at two. One of which I decided doesn't work for me. 

Lastly I was accepted by the MA program at University of Washington (ranked top 10 in my field), given two scholarships to cover living expenses and a large portion of the tuition/books/transportation/housing/meals/fees/etc. for the first year, work study to cover a bunch more, and a comparatively small loan package to cover the rest. I'm so beyond excited to be going! Waiting for a response to a question or two from the financial aid office, but then I'm hitting the "accept" button as fast as I can! So happy!

Edited by inoue77

5 hours ago, CrimJustice said:

Thank you for this thread!

So excited that:

a. I was accepted to all the programs I applied for;

b. I was accepted with funding into all the programs I applied for;

c. I just accepted an offer that covers all of the tuition costs and provides RAships and TAships!

*Dead*

You're so lucky! Congratulations!!

I was freaking out about getting into a newer, less established program but realized the following things:
1. This program offers exactly what I wanted when I began my application process (APA accredited program, research fit, etc.)

2. I get to do the perfect practicum for my area of interest

3. I received a full assistantship

4. I loved everything about it (faculty, program itself, university, location)

I finally told myself to stop freaking out about ranking and I just ACCEPTED the offer. I am so excited now!! Bring on the fall semester :) 

Oh my gosh guys! I am so excited for all of you!!! I am so glad y'all found this thread and enjoyed it! Anyway, I got another acceptance offer! It is at the same school as my undergrad so it was expected b/c it is a small school so they take care of their students but still it's an option! Thanks guys! 

Applied: UNCW, CCU, BU, GWU

Waiting: UNCW, GWU

Accepted: BU, CCU

This is my first season and I applied to only one school - after a weeks of telling myself 'it is okay - I'll apply again next season & this time to more programs (I found GradCafe after I'd submitted my application)' because it looked like a definite rejection. Then 4 days later, I got an acceptance my first choice program! 

I sat for days in disbelief. I was actually terrified that I'd receive an eMail saying that they had retracted the offer because it was sent out in error. The day we were added to the PhD Admits mailing list, It was 1am, I danced around my room for a few minutes! Trying hard not to wake the whole house up

I was finally able to celebrate...