FEBRUARY IS IT!!!

coffeeandtoast

According to the results pages, I should be hearing back from most of my programs in the next few weeks.

I interviewed at two departments so far, and both said we would hear back in mid-February. Somehow in my head this turned into "As soon as February comes, I will know!!" So this morning I woke up and very excitedly checked my email ... Needless to say, there have been no responses yet. :(

Good luck to everyone!

Well, February should be it. Or March. Or April...

Most of mine are in March too. Someone start a March it is thread now, so we can figure out how to get through Feb. Thankfully, it's the shortest month of the year.

:lol:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

What, same number of OMGs everyday?

Had I made the early deadline for one school, I would've found out as early as last week, though I was one recommendation letter short of making the early deadline...I was assuming I'd have to wait until March, like my other program, but checking the website it said I'll get my decision 4-6 weeks from the time they receive all materials...and I just passed the four week mark since they got that final letter, so starting NOW, I can actually hear back anytime...I was quite surprised, and now I'm quite nervous, knowing it can come anytime. My nonchalantness is about to go out the window in lieu of refreshing my email :|

Ok, nevermind. If past GradCafe results are correct, then I will hear back from 3/6 of my schools in February. yikes. That changes my perspective a bit.

I have applied to indiana , unc chapel hill, wisconsin madison, dalhousie, missouri, drexel and tenesse....I am extremely stressed out... :(

Thanks! Best of luck to you and all our other literary/language dept. cousins!

And yes, we actually are closed because of the games. I'm at UBC and our campus ice-rink and hockey arena will host some of the training and hockey events. I actually have no clue what's going to happen- I live on campus and from what I've been hearing, we're going to be pretty cut-off/paralyzed for most of the month. <_<

That's crazy! I had no idea!

It's really sad that because this whole process takes so long, we are all having a horrible time of our last semesters in college, desperate for the time to pass more quickly. Isn't it supposed to be the opposite way - trying to relish every last moment of precious careless youth before joining the stressed out adult masses?

It's really sad that because this whole process takes so long, we are all having a horrible time of our last semesters in college, desperate for the time to pass more quickly. Isn't it supposed to be the opposite way - trying to relish every last moment of precious careless youth before joining the stressed out adult masses?

enjoy the joy ride

B)

First notice! First acceptance! Guess where! (see sig if you are mystified at this point)

This is one of the better places where I applied, too, so I'm pretty excited.

P.S. it is okay to post about acceptances (or at least the first one) in this thread, isn't it? :D

First notice! First acceptance! Guess where! (see sig if you are mystified at this point)

Okay, since I just figured out that your sig gets updated in old posts when you change it, I will go ahead and say explicitly that Cornell was my first acceptance since my sig in my previous post will not continue to indicate this if I get other acceptances :)

Okay, since I just figured out that your sig gets updated in old posts when you change it, I will go ahead and say explicitly that Cornell was my first acceptance since my sig in my previous post will not continue to indicate this if I get other acceptances :)

congrats mate.

you are the gatech kid right?

So far, February isn't being as kind to me as January.

February: 1 rejection

January: 4 interview invites, 1 acceptance

boooo February!

February is working better for me. I didn't hear anything so far. But I started getting back to my life now.

I fear less. I dream less. Started working again on my thesis which is a good sign :)

February is working better for me. I didn't hear anything so far. But I started getting back to my life now.

I fear less. I dream less. Started working again on my thesis which is a good sign :)

lmao honeslty just started my thesis this week when i heard my top choices sent out their acceptances

nothing like rejection for a source of motivation

def. feel my life starting again