WAIT LIST: Should I wait it out? Pacific U (Oregon) - SLP

nnwhicker

I got put on the waiting list for Pacific U's SLP masters program. Anyone else? I'm curious how many there are. Also, they said they don't disclose wait list positions which makes it harder to know if I should wait it out or not. Anyone else have this concern?

• 3 weeks later...

@nnwhickerI can totally relate to you! I'm actually on the wait list for Western Carolina and I'm so nervous. I don't like playing the wait game, it's too hard. I asked for my ranking on the wait list and they won't disclose that because they don't know either... this stinks though, I just really want to get in and get on the track to start my career. :( 

On 3/8/2017 at 4:35 PM, nnwhicker said:

I got put on the waiting list for Pacific U's SLP masters program. Anyone else? I'm curious how many there are. Also, they said they don't disclose wait list positions which makes it harder to know if I should wait it out or not. Anyone else have this concern?

@nnwhicker I am also on Pacific's wait list. I emailed about how many there are on the wait list and actually I don't think they can legally disclose that information. However, some do seem to know from other schools. Most I believe have about 30-40 people on the wait list, some seem to be more and wait list everyone that had an interview, but not Pacific. I am not on tier one, so I am already planning on applying for next year. I confirmed my spot on the wait list because it's the only school I haven't been rejected from so far! It's a really expensive school, so my mom thinks that will deter a lot of people and hopefully get those who want off the wait list a spot, haha.

On 3/12/2017 at 11:47 PM, Spondee said:

Wait it out. Pacific takes a chunk of the wait list, usually. Diana might tell you what tier you're in.

Hopefully from the bottom where I am at! ha.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:23 PM, Spondee said:

I know. I'm sorry -- it may be different this year, I just wanted to be honest with you. 

Thanks- I would honestly rather know! :)