Need help choosing a Pre SLP program

I am interested in taking a pre SLP course online. I currently have a BA and BEd. I am from Canada and need a course that I can take online from the States, UK, Ireland or Australia. So far, I have only discovered online programs from the US. 

I'm worried that I'll take the pre courses and then the online Graduate SLP programs won't accept them. 

What is your experience?

Right now, my top three picks are 

Longwood

Florida State

Vermont

I've had good experiences with USU and MGH IHP (both online in US), and I am taking a course at ENMU this summer. USU and ENMU are the most affordable I have found. The class sizes (for the prereqs) at MGH IHP are very small, but it is a little more expensive. 

Are you planning to go to grad school in Canada? I'm not sure you would be able to do a U.S.-based distance ed master's from Canada. I know many of the distance ed programs don't even serve all 50 states. You'd have to check with your target grad schools to see if they even accept foreign students.

But my question to you is this: are you planning to do your clinical placements in the U.S. or in Canada? I'm not sure that a U.S.-based school would permit a placement outside the U.S. As I mentioned earlier, many of them will only accept students residing in specific states. It's called "SARA". I live in a non-SARA state (California) and that means certain distance ed programs cannot accept me or any other CA resident. If I wanted to attend those schools, I would have to change my residency to a SARA state and do my clinical placements there.

I would be careful with Longwood because I have heard that students have a really difficult time getting letters of recommendation and some professors flat out refused to write because the program is online. Just a fair warning! Good luck!!

I took CSD pre-reqs online through SUNY New Paltz. I never set foot on the campus. It's a post-bacc certificate program of 9 CSD courses, which meant that I was able to apply for a private student loan to cover tuition for the certificate program. Once you're in the program, you get a plan of study put together for you based on how many classes you are comfortable taking per semester (including summer), and then you're automatically enrolled for the courses each term. You need to maintain a B or better in every course in order to remain in the certificate program. It was user friendly, the quality of the courses exceeded my expectations, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for pre-reqs. The department made it very accessible for students that do not live geographically near the college. I had two of my online professors write my LORs :) 

• 10 months later...

Have you looked at the University of Wisconsin Eau Claire post bacc online program?  I chose that over New Paltz because it was cheaper (if you're not a NY resident).  I'm on my last semester as a post bacc student at UWEC and have REALLY enjoyed their program.  So much so that I actually would be willing to move to Wisconsin for their resident grad school. :)   

I'm currently enrolled in Pacific University's online post-bacc and I recommend it. It's two semesters, 27 credits (three 4-credit classes per semester, plus a 1 and 2 credit course). It's rigorous but manageable--I'm working 50-60 hours a week on top of this and I definitely have very little free time but can get everything done. It covers all the typical prereqs and also provides an opportunity to get some of the shadowing hours done online. Not the cheapest program but not outrageous either. Because it's a full-time certificate program I qualified for federal loans.