I'm currently deciding between 2 programs, a M.S and a M.A. I'm not sure I understand the true difference between the two (if there are any). I'm assuming M.A is more education/kids focused and M.S is more medical based but I'm not sure if this is true. Is one better/worse to have?? If anyone has any information, please let me know! :)

M.A. vs M.S. does not actually mean anything, as far as I understand. I went to an open house for a program that offered an M.A. but they were very research-focused and I know they were not more educationally focused. I really think that it is up to each program to decide which degree they award, but it does not say anything alone about the program or their focuses. I am not sure if employers care if you were awarded an M.A. or M.S. (hopefully someone else can chime in here) but I doubt they would. Good luck with your decision!

@k8! Ha ha, I just have to say that I love your "Decision" line, it cracked me up. I know it's so hard to choose and I'm not trying to minimize that at all! It's just that "idk help" perfectly encompasses how I have felt through this whole process :P 

I read somewhere that it has more to do with the college that it is in. For example if it is in a college of health sciences it is likely an MS and if it is in a college of social sciences, education, liberal arts then it is likely an MA. Not sure if that is accurate though! From my research it does not really matter when it comes to jobs!

I feel like this thread shows how it doesn't mean anything. My program is a humanities-based school and they offer an M.S. And no school I applied to changes the degree from M.A. to M.S. based on whether or not you write a thesis. I hope this is helpful—it means you can choose the right program for you based off of other factors! (Or maybe it makes it trickier!) :)