Thanks guys :) I'm also the English/WS admit at Michigan on the results board, so I'm balancing 3 choices at this point! I only applied to a handful of programs (just waiting on Penn now, though they weren't a top choice for me), but it's still going to be such a difficult, difficult decision.

Edited by wildeisonmine

Just saw the postal service notification on the results page and have already chewed half my fingernails off (a dirty habit that only resurfaces in the most dire of circumstances) in anticipation of tomorrow's mail.

I'm right there with you on the fingernail thing.... as in "nails, what nails?" It's a truly disgusting manifestation of my neuroses.

Thanks guys :) I'm also the English/WS admit at Michigan on the results board, so I'm balancing 3 choices at this point! I only applied to a handful of programs (just waiting on Penn now, though they weren't a top choice for me), but it's still going to be such a difficult, difficult decision.

Congratulations!

what is your area of specialty?

I got in with funding...If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. Implicit rejections everywhere else I've applied except Columbia, where I haven't heard. I'm in total shock.

First of all, congrats!! :D

This might be a silly question, but what time was your email sent? I've been anxiously checking my email the past few hours and I'm thinking their offices should be closing soon. Looks like last year, the majority of the acceptances on the results board came on the same day....Also, do you know how many they've accepted by chance?

This might be a silly question, but what time was your email sent? I've been anxiously checking my email the past few hours and I'm thinking their offices should be closing soon. Looks like last year, the majority of the acceptances on the results board came on the same day....Also, do you know how many they've accepted by chance?

Not a silly question at all. I got it at 11:11 EST (although I am not on EST)

I'd like to know your research area, etc!

My research area is Shakespeare and the Renaissance. I had all of the stats they say you should have but a less than stellar writing sample. I thought that meant certain rejection everywhere.  I don't want to get too specific on here (perhaps I already have), because I am a paranoid person, but if you want, shoot me a PM.    

My research area is Shakespeare and the Renaissance. I had all of the stats they say you should have but a less than stellar writing sample. I thought that meant certain rejection everywhere. I don't want to get too specific on here (perhaps I already have), because I am a paranoid person, but if you want, shoot me a PM.

Congrats. I'm sure your writing sample was much better than you thought. Trust me, no one gets into a school like that without a strong writing sample. I don't think that "strong" means "publishable"--it just means that the sample shows great potential for your future scholarly work.

Edited by sarandipidy

I think the average acceptance rate is 10-12. For me, nothing yet. I'm eternally pessimistic, so I'm asking... they don't send the rejections on the same day as the acceptances?

I think the average acceptance rate is 10-12. For me, nothing yet. I'm eternally pessimistic, so I'm asking... they don't send the rejections on the same day as the acceptances?

This whole ordeal is really trying my patience and optimism, so I definitely understand your pessimism. I kept wanting to call yesterday, even though they tell you not to call. I didn't call, because I don't want to be *that* person, but I just wanna know, ya know? As for your question, last year it looks like rejections came early March.

Congrats Cornell acceptees! I was accepted also--my first (and probably last!) Ivy acceptance. Does anyone know if they will be paying for our flight for the campus visit?

FAIL. I got the mass rejection email with the blind carbon copy. Too miffed at this lack of manners to feel much. I know where I'm not applying to next year at least. For $85 I expect some better manners. And you're 'dear applicant' not 'dear mr/ms so and so'. At least the rest bother to reject you by name :rolleyes: