2018 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

blc073

2 hours ago, tlv5752 said:

Mich and UNC BBSP called me last week for an interview and to look out for an email this week. Not sure how the process works for either though. A professor from the program I specified within PIBS  (physiology) called me, so it might depend on the program.  I haven't heard anything about vandy. When did you hear from OSU? 

I heard back from Ohio State on December 5th via email. They have already sent out the recruitment weekend schedule for Jan 11-13th to all invited for that weekend and already sent me my flight info.

Edited by ChallengerSwimmer23

14 minutes ago, norain said:

Are emails for interviews typically sent out at once at the exact same time, or do they seem to trickle out throughout the day?

It seems to depend on the program, but all of mine have been trickling in (I've seen people say they get an interview a few hours before my email)

2 minutes ago, abhisheks94 said:

It seems to depend on the program, but all of mine have been trickling in (I've seen people say they get an interview a few hours before my email)

Got it. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Bioenchilada said:

I just received an email about volunteering for the UPenn CAMB interview weekend, so that might mean that they’re going to be sending invites pretty soon. Good luck to those that applied! :) 

Do you know what weekend this is? 

40 minutes ago, strugglebus2k17 said:

anyone hear back from Baylor College of Medicine or know the interview stats and admissions stats after interview?

Hello fellow Texan. I am from the DFW. I am waiting to hear back from BCM as well. No one has posted about BCM yet on here as far as I know. Hopefully we'll hear back this week.

1 minute ago, ChallengerSwimmer23 said:

Hello fellow Texan. I am from the DFW. I am waiting to hear back from BCM as well. No one has posted about BCM yet on here as far as I know. Hopefully we'll hear back this week.

I heard back from BCM's Developmental Biology program last Wednesday. I think that it's program-dependent on when you'll hear back. 

Undergrad Institution: University of Arizona
Major(s): Anthropology
Minor(s): Theatre Arts
GPA in Major: 3.8
Overall GPA: 3.12
Position in Class: Top 20%
Type of Student: Domestic, Male, Minority

Graduate Institution: Arizona State University
Major(s): Secondary Education
Minor(s): N/A
GPA in Major: 3.75
Overall GPA: 3.75
Position in Class: Top 15%
Type of Student: Domestic, Male, Minority

GRE Scores (revised/old version):
Q: 152
V: 160
W: 4.5

Research Background:

Undergrad-Sociocultural Anthropology (emphasis on urban anth., language, race, and culture)

Grad-Secondary Education (English/Language Arts) Master's Thesis on technological integration within the classroom (other research on culture and curriculum)

Awards/Honors/Recognitions:  N/A

Pertinent Activities or Jobs: Middle School English/Language Arts Teacher

Any Miscellaneous Accomplishments that Might Help: Teach for America Corps Member (2011-2013)

Any Other Info That Shows Up On Your App and Might Matter: Grew up in Low SES environment (qualify for a lot of federal programs)

Applying to Where:

Harvard Univ. - Education - PHD in CIS (Culture, Institutions, and Society)
Stanford Univ. - Education - PHD in RILE (Race, Inequality, and Language in Education)
UCLA - Education - PHD in Urban Schooling

On 12/17/2017 at 9:59 AM, TLNCP said:

Still no interviews. Getting nervous and disappointed.

GPA 3.94

V/Q/W (158,161,4.0)

lots of research experience including Amgen Scholars.   

Same boat. Sounds like most of the programs I applied to (Harvard BBS, UPenn CAMB, etc.) have already sent out their invitations (and it sounds like Harvard BBS etc. sends out all invitations on the same day). I don't know if I am feeling nervous or disappointed right now. 

Looks like UT Austin CMB and Northwestern IbiS have sent out interviews. I, unfortunately, have not received either. 

I emailed University of Georgia Microbiology and they will send out interviews at the end of this week.