2018 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

blc073

4 minutes ago, StemCellFan said:

I keep seeing interview invites for Northwestern DGP and feeling less confident about my app.  It was worth a shot at least!

It's still early! They will probably be sending them out throughout the week. A friend of mine who applied last year heard back later than now, so no worries yet. 

10 hours ago, AllieKat said:

I'm an RA at Vandy, also applying to IGP and QCB. The committee meets every Monday (including today) and usually calls on Tuesdays. The director said they're looking at my app today for IGP, so I'm anxiously waiting! Looks like Michigan called a lot of people last week telling them to look out for an email today, so I'm hoping to get an email today as well. Best of luck, and hopefully they'll all call soon. I know nothing about the other programs, though, all of which I applied to!

Good luck with Vandy!

I got in IGP last year and I wasn't contacted until January 9th. The committee randomly reviews applications every Monday so other Vandy applicants - don't worry if you don't hear back until mid-late January. 

I know it's only been a couple of weeks since most applications were due, but how odd is it to email programs to ask about when all interview requests will be sent out? It would be very nice to hear back from a couple of schools to arrange the various interview weekends.

11 hours ago, microbenerd2018 said:

Surely! I submitted my app Nov 18th. It sounds like they might send out more invites soon if there are spots available. The first wave had to accept by the 15th I believe! 

Thanks!

I've seen some programs that in past years, send out invites over a really extended period of time (like a month). Does anyone have any insight into why they would do that? Are they taking more people as others turn down interviews, or are they just going through the applications stack by stack and inviting some each time they meet?

On 18/12/2017 at 10:38 AM, dude3d30 said:

Does anyone know if Mt. Sinai has sent out all their interview invitations? I am an international applicant and only received an interview request from NYU Sackler.

I am wondering the same thing. Mt sinai is one of my top choices.

Besides it is a lot harder for international students to get invitations due to lack of funds for financing an international student PhD. 

I am keeping my hopes up though. 

16 hours ago, StemCellFan said:

I keep seeing interview invites for Northwestern DGP and feeling less confident about my app.  It was worth a shot at least!

Same. And I've got two friends going to Northwestern so I was hopeful!

19 hours ago, microbenerd2018 said:

Hi there! I had a phone call from MMG on Dec 8th to invite me to interview. Hope this helps!

Congrats and thanks! Just a little nervous as I'm unsure of how their invites work since I didn't receive one yet but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Edited by Bio-warrior

Seeing some people hear back from Northwestern DGP, but also see that they sent interviews into January in previous years, with a lot coming right before christmas. Surely this means there's still hope? Maybe? :(

Also wondering about UNC - BBSP, since a lot of people seem to have gotten interviews there. Wondering if they submitted for the priority deadline? I didn't submit until 12/5. Curious also about University of Washington GPN, seen an interview here or there.

4 minutes ago, synapticcat said:

Seeing some people hear back from Northwestern DGP, but also see that they sent interviews into January in previous years, with a lot coming right before christmas. Surely this means there's still hope? Maybe? :(

Also wondering about UNC - BBSP, since a lot of people seem to have gotten interviews there. Wondering if they submitted for the priority deadline? I didn't submit until 12/5. Curious also about University of Washington GPN, seen an interview here or there.

I did submit before the priority deadline for UNC and got an interview in feb, so maybe that was just the first round!