2018 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

blc073

8 hours ago, Izaak said:

Will official rejection letters be sent out? I have yet to hear anything from any of the programs I have applied (all computational biology/systems biology programs). 

Don't worry about it. I had only received my first of seven interview invitations at this point in my application season, and my last interview invitation came in mid February. Official rejection letters will be sent, but most likely not until March or April.

49 minutes ago, thegrey said:

Congrats! Hope the invites keep coming, though this was my reach program!

Thanks you too! I'm not sure all invites have been sent out though, so gl/wishing for the best!

8 hours ago, Budeer said:

Does anyone know if Yale BBS has send out all their interview invites? What about Harvard BBS, I've seen people here saying Harvard BBS sent out all invites today already? 

Anyone heard back from Duke developmental and stem cell biology?  

Hiya! I think Harvard BBS has sent out all invites as they've usually sent all invites on one day. I heard back from Duke DSCB on Dec 4 (really early) with an invite. I'm not sure if they've finished reviewing yet, but I think that it wouldn't hurt to call and ask (they're really nice). Like others have said, you have great stats and I wish you the best of luck! :)

12 hours ago, Budeer said:

Does anyone know if Yale BBS has send out all their interview invites? What about Harvard BBS, I've seen people here saying Harvard BBS sent out all invites today already? 

Anyone heard back from Duke developmental and stem cell biology?  

I emailed the coordinator of Yale BBS. She said interviews have not been sent but will be in the next 2-4 weeks.

Good luck.

6 hours ago, norain said:

just got a call from Emory neuro!! both interview weekends are in Feb

I also got an interview invite from Emory neuroscience today! It was my first one so far and I was really starting to worry, so it was great news. Good luck!

52 minutes ago, minds said:

I also got an interview invite from Emory neuroscience today! It was my first one so far and I was really starting to worry, so it was great news. Good luck!

same here! good luck to you too!!

Hey All,

I'm applying for the following Computational Biology / Systems Biology programs below. 

I would be really interested, and very grateful, if anyone who has been given an interview for the following programs

notifies me - personally, I still have no answer from any of them:

• University of Washington: Genome Science
  • Berkeley: Computational Biology
  • Cornell: Computational Biology (not Tri)
  • Princeton: Quantitative and Computational Biology (QBC)
  • Harvard: Systems Biology
  • MIT: Computational and Systems Biology (CSB)
  • Columbia: Systems Biology
  • CMU-Pitt Joint: Computational Biology

Cheers!!

Graduate Institution: Drexel University

"Major": Family Therapy, concentration in Cultural Competency 

GPA: 3.71

Undergrad Institution: West Virginia (is the best Virginia) University
Major(s): Child Development and Family Studies
Minor(s): Psychology, Spanish
GPA in Major: 3.2
Overall GPA: 2.71
Position in Class: N/A
Type of Student: Domestic, Female
GRE Scores (revised/old version):
Q: 137
V: 146
W: 3.5
B: N/A
TOEFL Total: N/A
Research Experience: WVU in Educational Psychology lab. Presented poster in Research Forum, awarded best in Undergraduate Research, Literature Reviews
Awards/Honors/Recognitions: Best in Undergraduate Research 
Pertinent Activities or Jobs: 3 years and counting working as a therapist in Mental Health w/in Psychiatric Hospital setting and outpatient.
Any Miscellaneous Accomplishments that Might Help:
Special Bonus Points: Three well-known therapists (published articles, global conferences, published books and theories, as well as director of program) and my Research advisor submitted LORs in my favor
Any Other Info That Shows Up On Your App and Might Matter: Currently a licensed therapist, probably more but I hate feeling like I'm bragging :/
Applying to Where:
Ole Miss - Clinical Psych - Cultural and Environmental (Already rejected, womp...who wants to live in Mississippi, anyway? lol :/)
Utah State - Clinical/Counseling Psych - Cultural (Waitlisted as interview alternate)
Seattle Pacific - Clinical Psych - Adolescent Mental Health

Michigan State- Human Development and Family Studies- Lifespan Human Development and Family Diversity

Oklahoma State- Counseling Psych- Multicultural Training/Competency 

UC, Santa Cruz-Social Psych- Cultural Competency

USC- Clinical Science- Cultural Competency

100% sure my only saving grace is my experience and research because the only thing my GRE proves is that I was breathing during the exam.

Edited by TammyTams

3 hours ago, TLNCP said:

Still no interviews. Getting nervous and disappointed.

GPA 3.94

V/Q/W (158,161,4.0)

lots of research experience including Amgen Scholars.   

There's still plenty of time. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry. One of my LOR writers commented how she felt like I had just sent in my apps, and it was crazy people were hearing back already. You still have about a month before things aren't looking too good!

On 12/15/2017 at 3:37 PM, ChallengerSwimmer23 said:

Keeping an eye on my phone in case University of Michigan PIBS decides to call me. Seems like they call instead of emailing. Any updates on UMich, UNC BBSP, Baylor College of Medicine, or Vanderbilt IGP? 

I'm an RA at Vandy, also applying to IGP and QCB. The committee meets every Monday (including today) and usually calls on Tuesdays. The director said they're looking at my app today for IGP, so I'm anxiously waiting! Looks like Michigan called a lot of people last week telling them to look out for an email today, so I'm hoping to get an email today as well. Best of luck, and hopefully they'll all call soon. I know nothing about the other programs, though, all of which I applied to!

On 12/15/2017 at 3:37 PM, ChallengerSwimmer23 said:

Keeping an eye on my phone in case University of Michigan PIBS decides to call me. Seems like they call instead of emailing. Any updates on UMich, UNC BBSP, Baylor College of Medicine, or Vanderbilt IGP? 

Mich and UNC BBSP called me last week for an interview and to look out for an email this week. Not sure how the process works for either though. A professor from the program I specified within PIBS  (physiology) called me, so it might depend on the program.  I haven't heard anything about vandy. When did you hear from OSU?