HGSE 2018

Edugy

@mrj435

A current student said that the Admissions office asked current students to send their info to the office by 3/1 (I believe current students are paired with admitted students in a sort of buddy system). This aligns with the insight that calls will be conducted by current students to admitted students on 3/2. The same current student said Admissions are preparing to send out decisions this week. 

I do think there is a possibility that we will know on 3/1, because they have never sent decisions and had current student phone calls on the same day!  

I'm confident the decisions will be sent either 3/1 or 3/2. 

Edited by Sof45

How’s everyone dealing with the anxiety? It was easier to be patient when the wait was months/weeks and now that it’s just days I’m having trouble thinking of much else! 

Also,  does anyone know if the phone calls scheduled for 3/2 are just for EPM? As in, the welcoming phone calls for the other cohorts will be made at another time?

Edited by SSPhopeful

@RyanHGSE17 Do you mean for the MA or PhD? I've been waiting to hear back from Berkeley for the LLC MA but nothing so far. They said decisions would be sent any time for late February to early April, which is a very broad window... 

On 2/12/2018 at 11:20 PM, RyanHGSE17 said:

Has anyone heard back from UC Berkeley GSE, yet? Or applied?

I emailed admissions coordinator, specifically asking if initial offers were sent out yet. She replied saying "Admission decisions have not yet gone out. Decisions should be out by the end of this month."

But it's weird, because somebody posted a result on February 7th. Anyone else have info 

Edited by sheriberi
typos

Does anyone know if, in the past, an indication of a merit-based grant award has been included in the notification letters? Or have these always been separate, later on? 

(I definitely do not want to get any hopes up for even an acceptance, but I would be anxious to compare the costs with other schools.)

Edit: I ask because I read someone saying financial aid details came later in March last year. Curious if that applies for merit aid scholarships as well.

Edited by clc1520

Hi everyone, I'm an applicant from Mexico and I just received the following email from the Harvard's Committee on General Scholarships:

As an applicant for admission to Harvard University, I am writing to make you aware of the Fundacion Mexico en Harvard. 

The Fundacion Mexico en Harvard provides scholarships and loans to citizens of Mexico who will be pursuing graduate study at Harvard. Candidates must apply to and be accepted to an academic program at Harvard University independent from this scholarship or loan application.  The deadline for the Fundacion Mexico en Harvard to receive applications for the 2018-2019 academic year for first year students is April 15th

I hope is a good sign :)

Edited by ldvs87