Applying for Fall 2018

I'mReallyScaredIWontGetIn

Figured I'd check in on where other people are. I applied to theory PhD and MM programs. Got an e-mail last week to interview for Harvard and had that interview on Friday, they said it would be a while before I heard anything. Still waiting to hear from UChicago and Columbia PhDs. Also applied to MM programs at UT-Austin and UW-Seattle, but don't expect to hear from them for a little while.

Doesn't sound good for us people waiting to hear from Chicago if others have already been sent acceptances...

Anyone out there applied to Duke?  Do you have an idea of when we should hear results?  The results from past years seem to be all over the place in terms of timing, from around now (late Jan) to as late as early April.  They are one of the programs I have the best hopes for getting into.

25 minutes ago, ks391262 said:

Doesn't sound good for us people waiting to hear from Chicago if others have already been sent acceptances...

Anyone out there applied to Duke?  Do you have an idea of when we should hear results?  The results from past years seem to be all over the place in terms of timing, from around now (late Jan) to as late as early April.  They are one of the programs I have the best hopes for getting into.

Well hopefully anyone who hasn't heard ANYTHING (from whatever school) might potentially be in the running even if they aren't (for example) candidates 1-4 on the list, and will be sent acceptances a little later! 

8 minutes ago, KerriR said:

Well hopefully anyone who hasn't heard ANYTHING (from whatever school) might potentially be in the running even if they aren't (for example) candidates 1-4 on the list, and will be sent acceptances a little later! 

Does anyone know of anyone getting a rejection or wait list from UChicago yet, or only acceptances so far?

36 minutes ago, ks391262 said:

Have you heard about any acceptances for composition, or just for music theory/history?  Based on past years' results, composition results don't come in until February.

41 minutes ago, ks391262 said:

I also applied to Duke and have not heard anything yet. Since they allowed writing samples to arrive up until January 26, I would think we still have a bit of time to wait. But I do not know for sure. Hopefully soon!

1 hour ago, ayeee said:

Hey all, excited and anxious to be rolling into February!

Does anyone know if Harvard sends interview requests in one batch or a rolling basis?

No clue, but I'm curious as to whether you have heard of someone who has received an interview (or if you did yourself, and if so, congratulations) and for what program?

48 minutes ago, KerriR said:

No clue, but I'm curious as to whether you have heard of someone who has received an interview (or if you did yourself, and if so, congratulations) and for what program?

I interviewed with the music theory faculty last Friday!

2 hours ago, KerriR said:

I've applied for composition, and no, I have not heard back, but someone seems to have in the results, so I'm a little concerned.

2 hours ago, AlecB said:

Anyone heard anything from UChicago this week? I had heard they intended to get out all decisions by today but I've still heard nothing.

Unfortunately not. Out of curiosity, where did you hear that they intended to get out the decisions by today?

38 minutes ago, mm3192 said:

Unfortunately not. Out of curiosity, where did you hear that they intended to get out the decisions by today?

I thought I read that someone had called and that's what the admissions office had said, but I could have totally just made that up in my mind haha

22 minutes ago, AlecB said:

I thought I read that someone had called and that's what the admissions office had said, but I could have totally just made that up in my mind haha

I totally get that. We're all so desperate to hear back already haha

On 2/3/2018 at 5:31 PM, AnthroPhDHopeful said:

Argh, have any of the ethno folk heard anything from NYU/UChicago/UC Berkeley? I'm going stir crazy!

I asked UC Berkeley today and they told me that people that are gonna be admitted will be notifies end of March. I don't know though... it looks weird . I'm not sure if they confused undergrad applications. :(

Just got the rejection from UChicago, saying they referred my application to the one-year MA in the Humanities program instead, saying those decisions will be made in early March

11 minutes ago, AlecB said:

Just got the rejection from UChicago, saying they referred my application to the one-year MA in the Humanities program instead, saying those decisions will be made in early March

I'll be expecting my rejection soon too then for the composition program.......

27 minutes ago, AlecB said:

Sorry to hear mate :/ I hope you get some good news your way soon.

I guess I should brace myself for that email now...