Hertie School of Governance 2018

Marina B.

Hi all,

Sorry to hear about the disappointing scholarship news. That's a bummer, it seems it was very competitive.

I also received a 50% waiver, but as someone from the U.S. I'm beyond thrilled. For me, that means I'll be taking out loans for less than 1/4 the amount I would at home. Seems like an excellent investment from my perspective. I'll be accepting for sure!

2 hours ago, htlbp said:

Congratulations to you all! 

Bosco, was that around 5 hours ago? 

Yea. I was just in bed, and checked the email. After that, fell back to sleep lol

Btw, I only received a 10% tuition waiver..... I am not sure if that has to do with applying to the program straight out of undergrad. Also, as an international student who's studying in the US, they might have assumed that I dont care as much tuition?

Hopefully other schools will give me better offers.....

Edited by Bosco

33 minutes ago, Marina B. said:

Hi all,

Sorry to hear about the disappointing scholarship news. That's a bummer, it seems it was very competitive.

I also received a 50% waiver, but as someone from the U.S. I'm beyond thrilled. For me, that means I'll be taking out loans for less than 1/4 the amount I would at home. Seems like an excellent investment from my perspective. I'll be accepting for sure!

Happy for you Marina. Rock it!

Hi everybody!

After your application to the "DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Scholarship" and besides the Hertie Program, has anyone received any answer/response from your other first/second choice specified in your application? 

Edited by malip

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2018 at 7:02 AM, Be To said:

@Purplish have u got any news from DUE? I applied for the Helmut Schmidt scholarship there but no news until now :( 

I am so excited to have a waiting partner ? I emailed the department since December 19th and the Assistant Coordinator of our proposed course explained that they received a high number of applications and the selection process stretched longer than anticipated. She assured me that we would receive feedback "soon".

Sending you positive vibes from here? Hope endures!

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/13/2017 at 12:07 PM, Marina B. said:

[...]

Not to creep, but did you hear from LSE as well? I've just submitted for the Applied Social Data Science Msc. *fingers crossed*

On 1/28/2018 at 10:36 PM, maelinya said:

Not to creep, but did you hear from LSE as well? I've just submitted for the Applied Social Data Science Msc. *fingers crossed*

Yes, I heard from them in December and was lucky enough to also be accepted to that program. But I've chosen Hertie. It was a tough decision but ultimately considering the fee waiver I recieved + the high cost of living in London, I couldn't justify an additional $40-60k in loan debt. 

Best of luck for your application! That program sounds amazing!

Hello everyone!

Has anyone sent the application in January and already gotten a response? Or anyone knows when the next round of admissions will be sent out? I applied in January to the MPP and MIA programs, anxiously waiting for the response atm!

2 hours ago, mmmmqw said:

Hello everyone!

Has anyone sent the application in January and already gotten a response? Or anyone knows when the next round of admissions will be sent out? I applied in January to the MPP and MIA programs, anxiously waiting for the response atm!

Hi! I just got accepted to the MPP program for fall 2018.  I sent my application mid january just heard today! Do anyone knows how long they take to inform about the scholarships? 

7 hours ago, Sonia91 said:

Hi! I just got accepted to the MPP program for fall 2018.  I sent my application mid january just heard today! Do anyone knows how long they take to inform about the scholarships? 

Congratulations! For my case, it took 2 weeks to hear back about the financial aid application result after i get the acceptance email.

17 hours ago, Sonia91 said:

Congrats!!! Do you remember how long it took for your application to change from pre-screening to under consideration or evaluation?