Hertie School of Governance 2018

Marina B.

Hey all!

I applied for the MPP program on October 1st and am (im)patiently awaiting an answer from Hertie, as this is by far my top choice. I know it's really early in the season, but has anyone else applied yet? So curious when we'll start getting responses! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also applied to the Helmut Schmidt program. I received an e-mail a few days ago from Hertie where they say the first round of decisions will be communicated in late November/early December. Although, I ONLY applied to Hertie.. do you know if this may affect my possibilities?  I was not really interested in any other university so I just applied to Hertie.. although they require applications to 2 universities..

Hey guys, I have completed my application as well, hoping to receive an offer in December!

Why did you choose to apply for the MPP at Hertie? I have also applied to other public policy schools and so far I am not 100% sure whether I would choose the Hertie School or rather the MPP in Oxford or at the LSE.

On 11/17/2017 at 2:42 AM, Pub´n Policy said:

Hey guys, I have completed my application as well, hoping to receive an offer in December!

Why did you choose to apply for the MPP at Hertie? I have also applied to other public policy schools and so far I am not 100% sure whether I would choose the Hertie School or rather the MPP in Oxford or at the LSE.

I visited Hertie in September, and was really impressed with the availability of student support and services. I am confident that this is a program that will not only provide a quality education, but also plenty of opportunities for career development and employability at the end of the program. I'm also interested in the professional year and internship aspect. As someone from the U.S., the price is very competitive compared to equivalent schools here. Berlin is awesome, and my fiance is German, so moving there would work really well for us. 

I also applied to the Applied Social Data Science and MPP programs at LSE. If I were to get into both programs, I'd probably have to make my decision based on the funding available. The LSE program looks perfect for me as I'm very interested in the policy analysis aspect - so it would be a hard choice.

That being said, I waver between being totally confident that I'll be able to secure a place in either or both and moments of crushing doubt. :lol: 

I would be super happy about either one! Hopefully we'll hear back soon.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Jonas Borini said:

It's already early December and anxiety levels are through the roof :blink:

Seriously! I'm located in California so assume I'll get notified while I'm sleeping...every morning is a bit stressful, haha! Hopefully this week is the week. 

59 minutes ago, htlbp said:

I've called and spoken to the University and they have informed me we should hear back by the end of the week or next week. 

Thanks for the update. Good luck everyone!

18 hours ago, htlbp said:

I've called and spoken to the University and they have informed me we should hear back by the end of the week or next week. 

Good god, getting back to us next week would literally be pushing it on the upper end of "early December". 

3 hours ago, Jonas Borini said:

I have questioned them too via email.

In the response they said they would try to send out results by the end of this week.

that means tomorrow, right guys?

:o

Fingers crossed for tomorrow! Doesn't seem like it will be today unfortunately