Hertie School of Governance 2018

Marina B.

On 2/6/2018 at 4:55 AM, mmmmqw said:

Hello everyone!

Has anyone sent the application in January and already gotten a response? Or anyone knows when the next round of admissions will be sent out? I applied in January to the MPP and MIA programs, anxiously waiting for the response atm!

I submitted my application on January 13th. I was accepted on January 22nd. I have not received a funding decision.

I read that approximately 50% of students aren't offered a tuition waiver.  Now I'm curious if they even notify applicants who have been rejected from receiving funding? You'd think all applicants who applied for funding would be notified either way, right? Someone stop me from pestering admissions! Hah. This waiting game has turned me into a neurotic inbox refresher.

18 hours ago, megtree said:

I submitted my application on January 13th. I was accepted on January 22nd. I have not received a funding decision.

I read that approximately 50% of students aren't offered a tuition waiver.  Now I'm curious if they even notify applicants who have been rejected from receiving funding? You'd think all applicants who applied for funding would be notified either way, right? Someone stop me from pestering admissions! Hah. This waiting game has turned me into a neurotic inbox refresher.

I've heard that waver decisions arrive aprox 2 weeks after receiving the confirmation email, and they notify you if you are being offered any or not.

Hi,

I applied on the 16th of January and got accepted on the 26th of January. I haven't heard back about scholarships too but I emailed them last week and they said the next wave of scholarship decisions are due towards the end of february- fingers crossed we get a substantial amount. ?

On 2/11/2018 at 1:11 AM, blivy said:

Hi,

I applied on the 16th of January and got accepted on the 26th of January. I haven't heard back about scholarships too but I emailed them last week and they said the next wave of scholarship decisions are due towards the end of february- fingers crossed we get a substantial amount. ?

Ah, that's great. Thanks for the info!

On 8/2/2018 at 2:48 PM, megtree said:

Yes I also wrote them about it and they told me that they would reply at the end of february

Ugh this is sooo nervewracking haha.. Submitted application on Jan 30th and still under evaluation. Kinda curious for the people who got accepted, what were your GPA's like? (ik super personal but just to like give me a reality check I guess) Also, anyone get into the MIA program yet? Good luck to everyone!!

51 minutes ago, Jennn26 said:

Ugh this is sooo nervewracking haha.. Submitted application on Jan 30th and still under evaluation. Kinda curious for the people who got accepted, what were your GPA's like? (ik super personal but just to like give me a reality check I guess) Also, anyone get into the MIA program yet? Good luck to everyone!!

I was accepted to the MIA programme in either early January or late December (cannot remember right now)! My GPA is a 3.6 (US). I submitted my application the day the cycle opened in October though! 

To provide an update for anyone else waiting on a funding decision - I was denied a tuition waiver on February 23rd.

I'd have to take out a maximum student loan and a private line-of-credit to cover the costs of attending Hertie. As such, Hertie has instantly moved from my first to last choice program. It's a fraction of the cost for me to attend a Canadian University, so I'm banking on being accepted into a program in my home country. I don't know what I'll do if I'm not accepted into a Canadian program. I can't feasibly accept $80,000 CAN of student debt for a two year program, right? That seems like insanity. I feel suffocated just thinking about it. This sucks.

I hope other posters received better news. Good luck to you all!

On 19 February 2018 at 7:06 PM, Jennn26 said:

Have you heard anything yet? I'm still under evaluation... 

Update- I was offered a 10% tuition waiver which makes Hertie still expensive. I don't know that Hertie is worth shelling out 30,000 euros for considering it isn't even well known. Tough decision but I am leaning towards not attending.

Hi guys! I called Hertie today to ask for an update! The person working in admissions said they do have a large backlog and the next round of decisions will mostly be going out sometime next week! Fingers crossed and hope this is helpful to some of you!! Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...