Fall 2018

Ken5566

1 hour ago, Allegorica said:

I applied for an MA and I haven't heard anyting either.

On 3/16/2018 at 12:53 PM, sheshekabob said:

Has anyone heard from Tulane yet? One acceptance was reported a few weeks ago but it’s been crickets since then.

I contacted the Department's Admin Assistant on March 13 and they said decisions were made and the "system should be notifying you within the next few days." So......I'm hoping any day now we will all get an answer.

Any Early Modernists out there who’ve decided where they’re going? I’m on the waitlist for several schools and trying to get a sense of where a spot might open up. 

Is anyone else still waiting to hear from Williams? I'm pretty pessimistic this late in the game but would still like to get a sense of where they might be in their process. Is there a specific date that accepted students (@TJGreenbergFried @rosehip) have to notify the program by before more rejections/waitlists will go out? @unanachronism you mentioned you were accepted to Williams pretty late - had that happened by now? I know I could email them about my status but too superstitious at the moment...

Thanks!!

4 minutes ago, curatortobe said:

Is anyone else still waiting to hear from Williams? I'm pretty pessimistic this late in the game but would still like to get a sense of where they might be in their process. Is there a specific date that accepted students (@TJGreenbergFried @rosehip) have to notify the program by before more rejections/waitlists will go out? @unanachronism you mentioned you were accepted to Williams pretty late - had that happened by now? I know I could email them about my status but too superstitious at the moment...

Thanks!!

I was on the waitlist at Williams and got in literally on April 15th (I attend there now). The accepted students days happened last week but I've heard that there might be another round of admits? There were like, 13 or 14 people who came, and the cohorts are generally 12ish. 

I can't say if its good or bad that you haven't heard anything but you might hear something late in the game. It seems like maybe they aren't vocally waitlisting people this year (what happened to me, was in early March I was waitlisted, I went to the accepted students days, and the whole time Marc was in communication with me about my status). I feel your superstition but if you email Marc Gotlieb he might give you some indication of your status. 

On 3/21/2018 at 2:12 PM, sheshekabob said:

@sol.sheri@Allegorica, and still no word from Tulane. I feel like the mother in Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho but with my skeleton finger connected by cobweb to the refresh key.

I emailed the department again, because I was worried I wouldn't hear back before needing to drop a deposit on one of the other schools. I finally received a decision email from the Director regarding their decision (sadly, didn't get in). If you don't hear within the day and are in a similar position with needing to accept or put deposits down elsewhere, I recommend contacting them. 

GOOD LUCK!!!

1 hour ago, sol.sheri said:

I emailed the department again, because I was worried I wouldn't hear back before needing to drop a deposit on one of the other schools. I finally received a decision email from the Director regarding their decision (sadly, didn't get in). If you don't hear within the day and are in a similar position with needing to accept or put deposits down elsewhere, I recommend contacting them. 

GOOD LUCK!!!

Thank you for the update. I contacted two people in the department this month but have received no word. Could you say whom you emailed? Yes, I'm hoping to reply to an offer this week for which I received an extension. I'm happy that you found closure!

NEVERMIND. I just received a rejection by email. That wraps up this cycle! Woof.

Edited by sheshekabob
New information

Does anyone have any news on Delaware? It seems one person was sent a rejection and that there were a few admits in February, but I'm curious to know if anyone else has heard anything. I contacted the department, and I was notified that I am on the waitlist. So, if you were accepted and aren't going, please let them (and me!) know. :)

19 hours ago, m-artman said:

Does anyone have any news on Delaware? It seems one person was sent a rejection and that there were a few admits in February, but I'm curious to know if anyone else has heard anything. I contacted the department, and I was notified that I am on the waitlist. So, if you were accepted and aren't going, please let them (and me!) know. :)

I emailed them yesterday and was told that while they have sent out acceptances, all other notifications will go out after April 15th. I find this a tad unethical, as most schools require you to accept financial packages by that date. I just accepted an offer at another school, but was curious to hear back since it was the only program to which I applied that failed to send any form of notification. 

12 hours ago, Skealic said:

For anyone who had an interview with PennState what kind of questions did they ask?

They asked me a lot of questions about the research paper I submitted as my writing sample as well as many questions about my research topic. They also asked questions about why I wished to attend Penn State. Also, some general questions about my background, education etc..

It was straightforward and they were easy to talk to. I was really nervous about it, but it was easy and went well. Don't stress!

8 hours ago, GingerMachine said:

They asked me a lot of questions about the research paper I submitted as my writing sample as well as many questions about my research topic. They also asked questions about why I wished to attend Penn State. Also, some general questions about my background, education etc..

It was straightforward and they were easy to talk to. I was really nervous about it, but it was easy and went well. Don't stress!

Thanks! I had my interview today and it was pretty stress free. 

10 hours ago, ReichenbachFalls said:

Would any Rutgers admits care to message me? Haven’t seen too many on the boards!

I haven’t been admitted; I’m on the waitlist at Rutgers. But, I just got an email from the DGS today who said they are only taking 4 PhD students this year. 

8 hours ago, texasod said:

I haven’t been admitted; I’m on the waitlist at Rutgers. But, I just got an email from the DGS today who said they are only taking 4 PhD students this year. 

Wow, I didn’t realize the cohort was going to be that small. Thanks for the info, and the best of luck to you!!!!!!

On 3/27/2018 at 9:47 AM, Noscrubs said:

I emailed them yesterday and was told that while they have sent out acceptances, all other notifications will go out after April 15th. I find this a tad unethical, as most schools require you to accept financial packages by that date. I just accepted an offer at another school, but was curious to hear back since it was the only program to which I applied that failed to send any form of notification. 

I was first told the same thing by the department admin, but then I emailed Margaret Werth (Director of Graduate Studies) and she provided additional clarification and informed me that the admin was wrong. 

1 hour ago, m-artman said:

I was first told the same thing by the department admin, but then I emailed Margaret Werth (Director of Graduate Studies) and she provided additional clarification and informed me that the admin was wrong. 

Interesting. Thanks for the info--seems like they have some communication hiccups! 

23 hours ago, NonFinito said:

Hi Everyone! Any Hunter and Tufts MA admits care to chat about programs? Really torn in decisions.

Me! Leaning more towards Tufts because of more funding and what seems to be closer faculty-student relationships, since Hunter's cohort is much larger. Will PM you.