Fall 2018

Ken5566

3 hours ago, bakhtingothic said:

@texasod Did the DGS at Rutgers email you to say you were wait-listed? Or how did you find out?

I first emailed my POI who directed me to the DGS. It took her a couple of weeks to reply and let me know my status. 

3 hours ago, m-artman said:

Please, tell us more. 

I don't want to elaborate too much and potentially give away who I am if any UD people happen to look at this thread, but I am near certain that they have sent out all acceptances.  Margaret Werth is the most unethical academic I have ever met and wouldn't believe a word she says.  

I certainly don't want people to lose hope because you are potentially on some sort of wait list, but there have been a significant number of rumblings in the department about how ridiculous it is that they haven't notified those rejected...

14 hours ago, Anon.Maus said:

I don't want to elaborate too much and potentially give away who I am if any UD people happen to look at this thread, but I am near certain that they have sent out all acceptances.  Margaret Werth is the most unethical academic I have ever met and wouldn't believe a word she says.  

I certainly don't want people to lose hope because you are potentially on some sort of wait list, but there have been a significant number of rumblings in the department about how ridiculous it is that they haven't notified those rejected...

Thanks for your honesty. For those still weighing their options, U Del's delayed response is very unfortunate. 

8 hours ago, renoir.girl said:

Anyone hear anything from Columbia's MA art history or MODA? I noticed they sent out a few acceptances mid march but its been silent since :(

Nada. Last year they waited to notify some students on April 11th! So, we might still have some waiting time. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone ever heard of anyone being accepted off of the waitlist for the Courtauld Masters in Art History? Or how many applicants are typically placed on each course's wait list??

I know its possible to be accepted even later into the summer- but just wondering what my actual chances are/super hopeful.  Any insight at all appreciated!

15 hours ago, omisedm said:

Anyone ever heard of anyone being accepted off of the waitlist for the Courtauld Masters in Art History? Or how many applicants are typically placed on each course's wait list??

I know its possible to be accepted even later into the summer- but just wondering what my actual chances are/super hopeful.  Any insight at all appreciated!

I was waitlisted last year at the Courtauld and accepted in early May. I ended up attending the Courtauld, but I have no idea how the waitlists are organized. Most likely, it depends on how the course tutor has structured their list. When I tried to get more information about the waitlist process, the admin had very little insight on how it was organized. 

Congrats and best of luck! It is possible to get off the waitlist! 

21 hours ago, pg17 said:

I was waitlisted last year at the Courtauld and accepted in early May. I ended up attending the Courtauld, but I have no idea how the waitlists are organized. Most likely, it depends on how the course tutor has structured their list. When I tried to get more information about the waitlist process, the admin had very little insight on how it was organized. 

Congrats and best of luck! It is possible to get off the waitlist! 

Thanks for your reply! Made me very hopeful that I'll hear some good news in May! If you don't mind me asking...which course were you waitlisted for? (and how have you liked the program?)

Congratulations to everyone for FINALLY BEING DONE WITH THIS! Whatever your outcome this season or where you will be headed next fall I hope you learned something on this journey! The application process taught me a lot about academia and about myself --  my interests, my values, who the supportive people in my life are, etc. !

Hi I was looking for some last minute help! I'm feeling pretty torn in deciding which MA art history program to attend (area of interest: contemporary art). I'm deciding between Hunter and SFAI. SFAI gave me a competitive fellowship that covers full tuition. There are around 8 students in the program I feel that it would be easy to develop connections with professors and mold the program to fit what I want! My partner will be in the bay area, so it would just be great! The cons are this is a fairly new program and now as recognized or well known as others. It is also an art school. Hunter is more or less a traditional program, rigid curriculum, 125+ students, but it is a solid program and well regarded. My parents also live in NY so I could commute. Cost wise these two schools would  more or less be the same! 

There is also Tufts that is offering a generous scholarship and tuition wouldn't be unmanageable! I'm just extremely turned off about the idea of living in Boston. I have no connections to Boston and don't know anyone living there. The program is super well regarded but I don't know if I am willing to sacrifice my personal happiness for this! 

Right now I'm leaning toward SFAI but just wanted to make sure I'm not making a horrible mistake!

I would love any advice anyone has! Thank you in advance! Good luck everyone!