DAAD SCHOLARSHIP 2018-2019

elianacvd

I'm so happy to find a forum with other people who have applied for this -- I have been looking for a while. 

I applied for an MA scholarship. I haven't heard anything since I was advised my application got to Germany. I feel like I'm going crazy checking my email everyday. So no one has really heard anything yet?

7 hours ago, pantsbear said:

I'm so happy to find a forum with other people who have applied for this -- I have been looking for a while. 

I applied for an MA scholarship. I haven't heard anything since I was advised my application got to Germany. I feel like I'm going crazy checking my email everyday. So no one has really heard anything yet?

nope nothing besides the "your application is complete and will be considered at the conference in march"

I sent a message through the DAAD portal to ask when we would find out and they replied today -- apparently sometime during March. The last message I got said that we would be informed within three weeks of the meeting in January, so I had thought it would be any day now. I guess I can stop obsessively checking for now.  

I'm in New Zealand though, so I'm not sure if will be different elsewhere. Also this is for an MA scholarship application. 

4 hours ago, pantsbear said:

I sent a message through the DAAD portal to ask when we would find out and they replied today -- apparently sometime during March. The last message I got said that we would be informed within three weeks of the meeting in January, so I had thought it would be any day now. I guess I can stop obsessively checking for now.  

I'm in New Zealand though, so I'm not sure if will be different elsewhere. Also this is for an MA scholarship application. 

I think someone on here has received an acceptance already for the master funding. However I have no clue if there are different programs for the MA since I am applying for long term phd funding.

2 hours ago, Aline1995 said:

I think someone on here has received an acceptance already for the master funding. However I have no clue if there are different programs for the MA since I am applying for long term phd funding.

No, that was for an EPOS scholarship, and in that case you apply directly with the university, so results always appear in February. 

6 hours ago, pantsbear said:

I also applied for a MA scholarship and they also told me that, decision of funding will be given three weeks later after the committee  meeting in January, and after that back in November they told me that the response will arrive in February, but it seems result will be arriving until March 

I applied for a study scholarship for an MS. I'm in the USA. After I submitted my application, I got this message, "A funding decision will be made at the selection meeting in March 2018 on the basis of the submitted documents. We will inform you of the outcome as a rule approximately within three weeks after the meeting in writing." So I'll have to wait for another month or so. I'm so anxious. 

On 2/23/2018 at 7:02 PM, somethinglike said:

I applied for a study scholarship for an MS. I'm in the USA. After I submitted my application, I got this message, "A funding decision will be made at the selection meeting in March 2018 on the basis of the submitted documents. We will inform you of the outcome as a rule approximately within three weeks after the meeting in writing." So I'll have to wait for another month or so. I'm so anxious. 

Did you receive this message right after submitting your application? I got it months later, which I find weird. 

I also got that message after a couple of months. I was in contact with the New Zealand DAAD rep at the time and she said that was because they reject all of the applications that are missing documents, so that message is sent after it is established that the application is complete -- hence it taking a couple of months. 

I noticed my funding period has changed in my daad portal. I am a PhD applicant and I initially filled my funding to begin from April 1, 2018, and to end March 31, 2021. I checked last week Friday and noticed the funding is now from October 1, 2018, to March 30, 2019. 

My application status still reads "paper copies received" (although, there is no interview for applicants from my country, Nigeria). Please is this change in funding date same for any applicant here?

1 hour ago, Austine said:

I noticed my funding period has changed in my daad portal. I am a PhD applicant and I initially filled my funding to begin from April 1, 2018, and to end March 31, 2021. I checked last week Friday and noticed the funding is now from October 1, 2018, to March 30, 2019. 

My application status still reads "paper copies received" (although, there is no interview for applicants from my country, Nigeria). Please is this change in funding date same for any applicant here?

In my case, it is still the same data in the portal that I have entered initially during my application. They have not made any changes to it.  

21 minutes ago, Nabin said:

In my case, it is still the same data in the portal that I have entered initially during my application. They have not made any changes to it.  

Okay, I initially thought it was a mistake on my side but I rechecked my application again and I confirmed it was changed by daad.  Really, I don't know why the fund period changed. I think the most important things is to get the fund. I am still hopeful though. 

20 minutes ago, Austine said:

Okay, I initially thought it was a mistake on my side but I rechecked my application again and I confirmed it was changed by daad.  Really, I don't know why the fund period changed. I think the most important things is to get the fund. I am still hopeful though. 

I guess they already made the decision to fund your Ph.D. project. Fingers crossed!

9 hours ago, pantsbear said:

It's March! At least it is in New Zealand. Back to obsessively checking my email I guess. 

it literally 2am in the USA and i'm checking the DAAD portal and rereading the personal statement i submitted for potential flaws.... talk about obsessive

When I asked DAAD official in my region, they said that the DAAD official will have a meeting at the beginning of this month. The results will be notified by mid-week of this month to the applicants. All the best to everyone. 

4 hours ago, Lentiful said:

it literally 2am in the USA and i'm checking the DAAD portal and rereading the personal statement i submitted for potential flaws.... talk about obsessive

Ha Ha. Me too! I found a grammatical mistake in my proposal, and I obsessed over it for the last few weeks. I literally keep my sanity together reading the other funny topics on GradCafe ."Favourite Rejection Quotes from the Results page" had me laughing hysterically and of course think, it could be me next, who's gonna be posting :/

How is everyone else holding up...and remaining calm....or not... 

36 minutes ago, loopyunicorn21 said:

Ha Ha. Me too! I found a grammatical mistake in my proposal, and I obsessed over it for the last few weeks. I literally keep my sanity together reading the other funny topics on GradCafe ."Favourite Rejection Quotes from the Results page" had me laughing hysterically and of course think, it could be me next, who's gonna be posting :/

How is everyone else holding up...and remaining calm....or not... 

Making a grammatical mistake is almost inevitable. The most important thing is that it shouldn't be much.  What they are actually looking for is your good command of English. They also understand that typos/mistakes are bound to happen. In my proposal, I noticed some typo/grammatical errors, but It is not much. 

9 hours ago, Nabin said:

When I asked DAAD official in my region, they said that the DAAD official will have a meeting at the beginning of this month. The results will be notified by mid-week of this month to the applicants. All the best to everyone. 

Do you mean midweek this week, or mid month?