DAAD SCHOLARSHIP 2018-2019

elianacvd

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Art21 said:

I applied for the full Architecture Masters Program 2018/19 which was due 31st of Sep. My status is "Preselection Made" and the waiting is driving me crazy. :|

My girlfriend received "application rejected" letter yesterday :( for Architecture Masters Program 2018/19

And I am still waiting for decision regarding my application (selection made status for more than a month for now)

5 hours ago, andrew_by said:

My girlfriend received "application rejected" letter yesterday :( for Architecture Masters Program 2018/19

And I am still waiting for decision regarding my application (selection made status for more than a month for now)

Oh I am sorry for your girlfriend, did you apply for the same scholarship too?!....seems like they are right into the middle of the selection spree at the moment. I hope they give the results before February ends.

Is your status "selection made" or "preselection made"?! Because mine is the latter.

Edit: I do not quite understand the procedure behind these two statuses...what is the difference and why do so applicants have one statues while others have the other status?!

Edited by Art21

1 hour ago, Art21 said:

Oh I am sorry for your girlfriend, did you apply for the same scholarship too?!....seems like they are right into the middle of the selection spree at the moment. I hope they give the results before February ends.

Is your status "selection made" or "preselection made"?! Because mine is the latter.

Edit: I do not quite understand the procedure behind these two statuses...what is the difference and why do so applicants have one statues while others have the other status?!

That could a good sign, couldn't it? I mean if it means they send out rejections first and after that the acceptances? But again really no clue :)

12 hours ago, Aline1995 said:

That could a good sign, couldn't it? I mean if it means they send out rejections first and after that the acceptances? But again really no clue :)

14 hours ago, Art21 said:

I've applied Scholarships for Graduates of All Disciplines in Computer Science and my status is "Selection Made" (for more than a month now as I've mentioned before). My interview was on 5th of december. Probably don't know what is the procedure of the selection, so I am patiently waiting for result. 

Edited by andrew_by

8 minutes ago, andrew_by said:

I've applied Scholarships for Graduates of All Disciplines in Computer Science and my status is "Selection Made" (for more than a month now as I've mentioned before). My interview was on 5th of december. Probably don't know what is the procedure of the selection, so I am patiently waiting for result. 

Oh, then it means that you are in the end stage of the selections! Because as I understood up till now it goes Preselection made>> Interview>> Selection made>> Funding or Rejection.

On 14/02/2018 at 2:47 PM, Art21 said:

I applied for the full Architecture Masters Program 2018/19 which was due 31st of Sep. My status is "Preselection Made" and the waiting is driving me crazy. :|

I'm also applying for that scholarship.  Has your status changed? I'm currently Selection made but have a couple of friends who got rejections already =(

1 hour ago, ArielPV said:

I'm also applying for that scholarship.  Has your status changed? I'm currently Selection made but have a couple of friends who got rejections already =(

Still at "pre-selection made", did you have an interview yet?!....and where did you apply from? I applied from Balkans.

4 minutes ago, Art21 said:

Still at "pre-selection made", did you have an interview yet?!....and where did you apply from? I applied from Balkans.

I'm applying from Brazil and there is no interview for us... I hope it doesn't take much longer because they said three weeks maximum after the committee meeting

10 minutes ago, ArielPV said:

I'm applying from Brazil and there is no interview for us... I hope it doesn't take much longer because they said three weeks maximum after the committee meeting

Good luck! Are you admitted or did you apply in any german uni yet?! I am a bit confused with their language proficiency requirements. first I thought for architecture they require Goethe-Institut C1, but now I just discovered they require another test called DSH-2 (Deutsche Sprachpruefung fuer den Hochschulzugang), is mandatory... :( I am getting anxious whether that second test makes us lose the opportunity (if won).

5 minutes ago, ArielPV said:

Good luck to you too! I didn't finish applying yet, but i'm definitely not doing anything in german. I'm only a B1 as of now. 

Oh, but if we do not get admitted until 1st Oct, don't we lose the scholarship?! and C1 is mandatory in german universities.

6 hours ago, Art21 said:

Oh, but if we do not get admitted until 1st Oct, don't we lose the scholarship?! and C1 is mandatory in german universities.

Not when the program is taught in English 

On 2/13/2018 at 2:21 AM, Nabin said:

How did your interview go? 

It went okay, I guess. Except for a few awkward questions. My panel had a German Prof from RWTH Aachen ( coincidentally the Univ I have applied to) and an India Prof from Delhi University and a DAAD India representative. The minute I sat down, the German Prof asked me "Why Prof. Beetz and how did you get to know him?" That was easy to answer. Then "Tell us about your research experience". And why this particular topic. And why Germany and RWTH. I felt I answered them quite well.

And then the awkward part started: "why can't we have computer science do what you are trying to do." (My area is an intersection of comp science + construction mgmt). I tried my best to explain why its better have multidisciplinary approach. But he didn't show any sign of having understood my words. Then some weird questions about my high school (which is a bit famous) and its founders and if I know them well. ( I did, but the Indian prof had a different idea of who its founders were and took time to argue with me..Was saved by the DAAD rep who diverted the topic) And finally, "do you know any German." The german prof spoke in german for a bit before I could even say that I have not yet learnt and when I told him I did not know that much, just the basics of greeting, they had a good laugh. I ended up coming out thinking, " WTF happened!! It started so well, and then wooosh...went 10 feet under.."

5 hours ago, elianacvd said:

Not when the program is taught in English 

Lol,everyone's so lucky, and here I have to learn C2 in ger. :P

@loopyunicorn21 the interview sounds so tough!!! So you applied for a research program?! wow! I think it sounds like you managed well since you won some interviewers' sympathy. Good luck :)