DAAD SCHOLARSHIP 2018-2019

elianacvd

On 9.3.2018 at 7:12 AM, Chike said:

Congratulations. It must've been a massive relief, many of us here are still waiting to exhale. 

I know you applied for an MA scholarship, but I believe that your experiences might have been similar to doctoral applicants'. Was your funding duration changed, because mine was changed and moved to April 2019 instead of October 2018 which was initially there. Were you sent your funding letter, in the case your funding was changed prior to this, did it reflect in the letter. When is your language course scheduled to begin. 

Please reply as soon as can. 

Hi, I am also phd applicant and they also changed my funding duration... however, I am not quite sure if it means something so maybe we still could get rejected :blink:

3 hours ago, Aline1995 said:

Hi, I am also phd applicant and they also changed my funding duration... however, I am not quite sure if it means something so maybe we still could get rejected :blink:

Which country are you applying from? And does your funding period reads exactly this "01.04.2019 to 31.03.2020?" 

Edited by yip
change of word

23 hours ago, Aline1995 said:

Where are you applying from. 

I recently found out that an applicant from my country was sent his rejection letter on the 9th, last Friday, hence it could be inferred that the recipients would be informed this week from the 12th of March hopefully. Then we will find out why the duration was changed and when the language course will begin.

2 hours ago, Chike said:

I recently found out that an applicant from my country was sent his rejection letter on the 9th, last Friday, hence it could be inferred that the recipients would be informed this week from the 12th of March hopefully. Then we will find out why the duration was changed and when the language course will begin.

May I ask you which country you applied from?

And master program or phd?

Edited by Stuttgart22

3 hours ago, Chike said:

costa rica.. wow, so lets hope all that didnt receive an answer yet are accepted <_< that would be awesome :)

41 minutes ago, Aline1995 said:

costa rica.. wow, so lets hope all that didnt receive an answer yet are accepted <_< that would be awesome :)

It really would, but my hypothesis should be taken with a grain of salt at the moment ☺

On my way to Germany now for spring break and of course checking my application status at the airport lol. can't help but think about DAAD and all of you guys. Hope everyone is holding up ok and that we all hear something soon!

2 hours ago, Lentiful said:

On my  way to Germany now for spring break and of course checking my application status at the airport lol. can't help but think about DAAD and all of you guys. Hope everyone is holding up ok and that we all hear something soon!

Thanks dear. We are really holding up. lol

Hi Guys!! i applied for an undergrad summer scholarship and checked my portal last Friday. My application status changed from "Application Submitted" to "Selection Made" to "Funding". I have received no emails or messages from DAAD and its now Wednesday. Does anyone know what "Funding" means? going crazy checking my portal 20 times daily. 

I also have a tab on the left side of my laptop saying "Declaration of Acceptance" but i never received one or anything 

Thanks in advance! 

Edited by Undergrad2018

19 minutes ago, Undergrad2018 said:

Hi Guys!! i applied for an undergrad summer scholarship and checked my portal last Friday. My application status changed from "Application Submitted" to "Selection Made" to "Funding". I have received no emails or messages from DAAD and its now Wednesday. Does anyone know what "Funding" means? going crazy checking my portal 20 times daily. 

I also have a tab on the left side of my laptop saying "Declaration of Acceptance" but i never received one or anything 

Thanks in advance! 

Congratulations!  Funding means you are selected. I guess you have to accept the fundings by sending back the signed "Declaration of Acceptance" to DAAD.  This link might help you. 

chrome-extension://oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm/http://ic.daad.de/imperia/md/content/informationszentren/icaccra/08_annahmeerkl__rung_einreichen_pbf_ausl_en.pdf

Edited by Nabin

1 hour ago, Undergrad2018 said:

Hi Guys !! i applied for an undergrad summer scholarship and checked my portal last Friday. My application status changed from "Application Submitted" to "Selection Made" to "Funding". I have received no emails or messages from DAAD and its now Wednesday. Does anyone know what "Funding" means? going crazy checking my portal 20 times daily. 

Thanks in advance! 

Congratulations to you. It means you already got the scholarship. I want to ask what the funding period says on your portal? Was it changed from what you initially filled at the start of the application?

Thank you

1 hour ago, Nabin said:

Congratulations!  Funding means you are selected. I guess you have to accept the fundings by sending back the signed "Declaration of Acceptance" to DAAD.  This link might help you. 

chrome-extension://oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm/http://ic.daad.de/imperia/md/content/informationszentren/icaccra/08_annahmeerkl__rung_einreichen_pbf_ausl_en.pdf

I never received a declaration of acceptance that i can sign thats why i am unsure if i have received the scholarship. :( 

22 minutes ago, yip said:

Congratulations to you. It means you already got the scholarship. I want to ask what the funding period says on your portal? Was it changed from what you initially filled at the start of the application?

Thank you

I dont think ill believe it until i get a confirmation email or letter. The funding period is the same and my first preference. 

8 minutes ago, Undergrad2018 said:

I dont think ill believe it until i get a confirmation email or letter. The funding period is the same and my first preference. 

you received it :) congrats! is it for a study abroad (one semester) or the entire undergrad studies?

@yip might be they didnt change it because she already put the "correct" dates.

17 minutes ago, Aline1995 said:

you received it :) congrats! is it for a study abroad (one semester) or the entire undergrad studies?

@yip might be they didnt change it because she already put the "correct" dates.

Do you know if i write my own declaration of acceptance or if they will send me one? very confusing. No its a five week study course in Germany this summer!! 

4 minutes ago, Undergrad2018 said:

Do you know if i write my own declaration of acceptance or if they will send me one? very confusing. No its a five week study course in Germany this summer!! 

I think it should be on the portal. You said there is a tab, which is called "declaration of acceptance", actually this should be the one... did it change to funding last friday? Because I think you are supposd to receive an official acceptance letter a week after. Or else, I would just leave them a message on the portal :)