DAAD SCHOLARSHIP 2018-2019

elianacvd

5 minutes ago, Nabin said:

It means that you are about to see some changes in your status. Good luck. 

Thanks! It has just changed to funding! I'm so grateful :)

Good luck to everyone! 

Edited by qrn_w

6 minutes ago, Miskra said:

Great!!! Congratulation :-) which dates you put? Did your dates changed before you got funding?

Thank you!

There was no change on the dates, initially I entered 01.10.2018 to 30.09.2019 upon application submission.

I have asked DAAD India and they replied to me that "The results will be declared in the 1st week of April. You will get an email through the portal. There have been certain unforeseen delays".

I have never realized before that the pressure of waiting for result can be this worse. I am trying to stay positive. The best of luck to all those waiting for their results.

17 minutes ago, Nabin said:

I have asked DAAD India and they replied to me that "The results will be declared in the 1st week of April. You will get an email through the portal. There have been certain unforeseen delays".

I have never realized before that the pressure of waiting for result can be this worse. I am trying to stay positive. The best of luck to all those waiting for their results.

At least now I can understand how it feels to wait longer, stay strong!

I wish the very best for your results and everyone else in this forum. 

On 3/18/2018 at 10:43 AM, pantsbear said:

If your status hasn't changed don't despair - I think it varies per country. I got an acceptance email last week and there is no change to my status in the portal. I asked the NZ rep and there is still two more weeks until the formal letters are being sent from Germany, so it seems they are still making decisions -- there is still hope! Sending best wishes to you all xx 

I think we got an acceptence email same time. Did u recieve letter of award from portal?

1 hour ago, Nyambuu said:

I think we got an acceptence email same time. Did u recieve letter of award from portal?

39 minutes ago, Austine said:

Awards documents have rolled in today for my country applicants, Nigeria. I wish applicants that are still expecting good news good news. The wait was worth it.

yes I have just received the documents via portal

Edited by qrn_w

Long time reader, posting first time.
Has anyone from USA received any update (either good or bad) from DAAD?
My dates never changed and I haven't seen any movement in my account ever, kinda feeling down and sad, expecting the worst :(

Edited by Lord Z

21 minutes ago, Jenzler said:

This is my first time posting too. And I'm in the same boat. From the USA and no change at all yet. I've also been stressing about it, but it sounds like things might just be a little behind right now in the DAAD NY office? At least that's what I'm telling myself...

3 hours ago, Lord Z said:

Long time reader, posting first time.
Has anyone from USA received any update (either good or bad) from DAAD?
My dates never changed and I haven't seen any movement in my account ever, kinda feeling down and sad, expecting the worst :(

yeah DAAD new york/ USA seems like no changes yet 

24 minutes ago, muzicgurl101 said:

Graduate study in Music, applicant from the USA - my status changed to "Funding" on Monday - still awaiting an official emailed letter, so I won't fully believe it until I get one!!! 

CONGRATS! is it the "Graduate Study Scholarship for all disciplines 2018/2019" or does music have a separate application/funding?

9 hours ago, Lentiful said:

CONGRATS! is it the "Graduate Study Scholarship for all disciplines 2018/2019" or does music have a separate application/funding?

Thank you!!! 

Music has its own separate application, so I assume it has a slightly different budget line. On the DAAD-PhD forum here on gradcafé, no USA applicants have yet heard results either...

14 hours ago, Jenzler said:

This is my first time posting too. And I'm in the same boat. From the USA and no change at all yet. I've also been stressing about it, but it sounds like things might just be a little behind right now in the DAAD NY office? At least that's what I'm telling myself...

13 hours ago, Lentiful said:

yeah DAAD new york/ USA seems like no changes yet 

I sent the DAAD facebook account few weeks ago they said this year they received record number of applications and it's taking time to go through them. And they will post results slightly later than usual.

37 minutes ago, somethinglike said:

I'm a USA applicant - no news or changes at all in the Portal. 

I am East Europe applicant- no news or any changes in the portal (neither dates neither status-still paper copies received)

For the record: deadline was 15th November, I applied for PhD- psychology, for my country wasn't interview

I hope that there is a hope hope for us with no news :-)

7 hours ago, Lord Z said:

I sent the DAAD facebook account few weeks ago they said this year they received record number of applications and it's taking time to go through them. And they will post results slightly later than usual.

5 hours ago, elicia said:

US Applicant for "Research Grants for Doctoral Candidates" - have not heard anything either. I gave the NY office a call last week, they also told me that there has been a delay due the extraordinary number of applications this year. 

literally felt my heart sink reading those. odds are not in our favor :(