DAAD SCHOLARSHIP 2018-2019

elianacvd

2 hours ago, Sasquatchfrails said:

Hi there! For USA applicants whose status changed to Funding today, have you received an email or a new document in the portal with any more information? My status changed to Funding (yay!) however where is lists the study dates and target institution it also says Doctoral Candidate, which I am not. I am applying as an MA student (and I checked mt application again and that was absolutely clear). So I am nervous that the change to Funding is an error....

no email or confirmation. but mine does say "graduates" and i do have a declaration of acceptance on the side as well in order to accept my decision. 

2 hours ago, angryconsultant said:

Funding! :lol::lol::lol: anyone else got their German course in Aug/Sept in Berlin?

did they notify you of that? where? how? i didn't ask for a language course but i'm curious how they communicated with you?

10 minutes ago, angryconsultant said:

In the e-mail they just said that along with the scholarship I also got a two month language course in Berlin

so you got an email. i see. i don't have an email yet :( 

wait are you USA?

Edited by Lentiful

43 minutes ago, Abadan said:

I'm still selection made... Its unbearable ... Some fiends got rejected today, some funded, I don't understand why only me is unchanged.... 

In the same boat. I've been stressing because it seems like everyone else has a response already. It's only been like 4 days, but I am already sick of "selection made." Lol. I feel like it would just be so much nicer if they updated the info for everyone the same day.

I don't know if this helps or hurts but I spoke with my schools advisor and he said when you are on "selection made" for a longer period of time it usually means that you "didn't make the first cut" and they are waiting for people to either accept/decline the award then they start taking the next people on the list as spots free up.

I can't say that this is actually whats happening- the internal workings of DAAD are a mystery to everyone. 

1 hour ago, Lentiful said:

I don't know if this helps or hurts but I spoke with my schools advisor and he said when you are on "selection made" for a longer period of time it usually means that you "didn't make the first cut" and they are waiting for people to either accept/decline the award then they start taking the next people on the list as spots free up.

I can't say that this is actually whats happening- the internal workings of DAAD are a mystery to everyone. 

That seems possible. If so, you’d think they’d move quicker on sharing award details so people could accept or decline. But then, the portal is like going back more than a decade in Internet design history. :)

4 hours ago, Lentiful said:

That's kind of what I was thinking, so even though it isn't necessarily good news, it's nice to have some idea of what is happening. My status actually went blank at some point yesterday, so I guess that means it might be updated soon. Fingers crossed! And thanks for the info :)

1 hour ago, Sasquatchfrails said:

Any USA applicants on "funding" with a confirmation email yet? Crossing my fingers that comes today! My target status changed from the incorrect "doctoral candidate" to graduates which is a relief!

nothing yet. no email or notification :/

22 minutes ago, Abadan said:

My status went blank my friends, my heart is poundingggggg....

That's what happened to me, and it changed to funding the next day. Good luck!

Also, I haven't received any notification or email about the award either. 

Edited by Jenzler

Guys once this is all over and we are all settled in our schools, apartments, ect. i think it would be so cool if we could all meet up somewhere in Germany in the Fall. I kind of want to make some sort of Facebook group or something to keep us all together? Thoughts?  

Congrats for all with funding) I still keep waiting. 

30 minutes ago, Lentiful said:

Guys once this is all over and we are all settled in our schools, apartments, ect. i think it would be so cool if we could all meet up somewhere in Germany in the Fall. I kind of want to make some sort of Facebook group or something to keep us all together? Thoughts?  

Sounds cool) Where your final destination is?