DAAD SCHOLARSHIP 2018-2019

elianacvd

5 minutes ago, Soh.Bhatt said:

I don't think "selection made" implies to my selection. I read everywhere that if "selection made" changes to "funding" then only you are selected. "selection made" can be changed to "rejected" as well. I have read in other posts.  And as I have told before that they give out offer in batches, so don't lose your hope yet.

Thanks ..  Let's hope for the best :)

On 14/03/2018 at 6:06 PM, Undergrad2018 said:

Hi Guys!! i applied for an undergrad summer scholarship and checked my portal last Friday. My application status changed from "Application Submitted" to "Selection Made" to "Funding". I have received no emails or messages from DAAD and its now Wednesday. Does anyone know what "Funding" means? going crazy checking my portal 20 times daily. 

I also have a tab on the left side of my laptop saying "Declaration of Acceptance" but i never received one or anything 

Thanks in advance! 

Hey, can you please tell me how much time it took to change from "selection made" to "funding"? 

13 minutes ago, praveen5321468 said:

@Nabin did u applied from DAAD India. 

Did you receive any letter yet :mellow:

No, I have not received any letter and there is no change in my application status, it is still in application submitted mode.  I am from Nepal but DAAD India handles all the applications from Nepal. I have submitted all of my application documents to DAAD India. I have applied for long-term research grants for my Ph.D. 

Edited by Nabin

5 minutes ago, Nabin said:

No, I have not received any letter and there is no change in my application status, it is still application submitted mode.  I am from Nepal but DAAD India handles all the application from Nepal. I have submitted all of my application documents to DAAD India. I have applied for long-term research grants for my Ph.D. 

Let's hope for the best  :)

My status changed too! Its "selection made". But I see no change in the funding dates. It still shows what I gave (which is wrong btw, it was for 3.5 years). 

Waiting for the next change.

DAAD really knows how to keep us on our toes! 

@Soh.Bhatt I am not sure if the email can be considered as the final offer. Only when we get the letters, we can say for sure. As for the language course..I vaguely remember them telling me during the interview that it will start on June 12th. I just assumed that it will be in Germany. The coordinator who replied for me thought I was applying to TU berlin, and hence told that my language course wont be there. Just a confusion on her part, I think. Did they say anything about language course location to you?

@praveen5321468 Think you are still not out. The disclosure restriction is because of the waitlists i think. In their email, they mentioned that they need our answers, so that they can move ahead with finalizing the list. And I second  "the decisions being sent out in batches". Fingers crossed!! 

Edited by loopyunicorn21

36 minutes ago, loopyunicorn21 said:

My status changed too! Its "selection made". But I see no change in the funding dates. It still shows what I gave (which is wrong btw, it was for 3.5 years). 

Waiting for the next change.

DAAD really knows how to keep us on our toes! 

@Soh.Bhatt I am not sure if the email can be considered as the final offer. Only when we get the letters, we can say for sure. As for the language course..I vaguely remember them telling me during the interview that it will start on June 12th. I just assumed that it will be in Germany. The coordinator who replied for me thought I was applying to TU berlin, and hence told that my language course wont be there. Just a confusion on her part, I think. Did they say anything about language course location to you?

@praveen5321468 Think you are still not out. The disclosure restriction is because of the waitlists i think. In their email, they mentioned that they need our answers, so that they can move ahead with finalizing the list. And I second  "the decisions being sent out in batches". Fingers crossed!! 

Thanks .. :)

Can someone provide some insight here?

I am an American and I applied to "Research Grants for Doctoral Candidates and Young Academics (more than 6 months)". Back in January I received notification that there would be a decision meeting in early March and we would hear back within 3 weeks. There was also written that we would hear by the end of March.

Has anyone else applied to this or seen any change in their application status? It's already 3/28, and I'm going mad with anticipation!

Of course, technically it is not the end of the month. And I won't write the DAAD office because they explicitly state that we should not e-mail to ask about the deadline/decision process. But, still. Anticipation.  I have checked my e-mail and the portal today with alarming frequency.

Edited by Thames

35 minutes ago, Thames said:

I am an American and I applied to "Research Grants for Doctoral Candidates and Young Academics (more than 6 months)". Back in January I received notification that there would be a decision meeting in early March and we would hear back within 3 weeks. There was also written that we would hear by the end of March.

Has anyone else applied to this or seen any change in their application status? It's already 3/28, and I'm going mad with anticipation!

Of course, technically it is not the end of the month. And I won't write the DAAD office because they explicitly state that we should not e-mail to ask about the deadline/decision process. But, still. Anticipation.  I have checked my e-mail and the portal today with alarming frequency.

My situation is the same. Still nothing, except anticipation.

2 hours ago, Thames said:

Hey Thames, I applied for the same grant in the US and also have no change in my status. But I called the NY Office a couple of times, and they told me that we should not expect to hear anytime before April (regardless of what the email in January said). Apparently all the applications for long-term grants (including the ones for phd scholarships) are handled/signed off by one person in Bonn office, and there has been a delay due to a great number of applications this year. So don't despair yet. 

1 hour ago, Lord Z said:

Suddenly everyone stopped posting!!!??

I'm guessing the rest of the world already received their results, and still no news for the USA.

But I did have a dream last night that I was rejected by DAAD. In my dream, the reviewer took off 100 points because I missed an apostrophe in my motivation statement :P There were also notes in the margin where the reviewer was making fun of the things I wrote. Brutal. 

47 minutes ago, somethinglike said:

I'm guessing the rest of the world already received their results, and still no news for the USA.

But I did have a dream last night that I was rejected by DAAD. In my dream, the reviewer took off 100 points because I missed an apostrophe in my motivation statement :P There were also notes in the margin where the reviewer was making fun of the things I wrote. Brutal. 

That's a good sign considering people see they are dying and falling all the time and live just fine ;)

Other than that, i think it's just rough time... hang in there...

30 minutes ago, somethinglike said:

No news from DAAD india too ??????

6 hours ago, Lord Z said:

Suddenly everyone stopped posting!!!??

its just too disheartening to constantly be checking. i'm low-key mad at DAAD for toying with us like this. like don't they get that these are our futures? :(

German are punctual when it comes to meetings and work hours. But there is a lot that they aren't punctual with such as train schedules, government paperwork, and University related stuff.

In Switzerland you could get a refund if your train is a few minutes late. Not in Germany, however.

Got my letter of award too on Thursday :) 

Other peeps, don't lose hope! My best wishes for you to get it :) And I hope you party hard after getting it and not sit like a zombie, not believing you finally got it after months and months of waiting.