DAAD SCHOLARSHIP 2018-2019

elianacvd

On 3/21/2018 at 5:04 AM, Nyambuu said:

I think we got an acceptence email same time. Did u recieve letter of award from portal?

Congratulations!! No, not yet. I panicked and contacted my rep because I was worried I had somehow misinterpreted the email - but she said it would be a couple of weeks. You?

Thanks. No, not yet. Yesterday, portal status changed from application submitted to selection made. 

On 3/18/2018 at 10:43 AM, pantsbear said:

If your status hasn't changed don't despair - I think it varies per country. I got an acceptance email last week and there is no change to my status in the portal. I asked the NZ rep and there is still two more weeks until the formal letters are being sent from Germany, so it seems they are still making decisions -- there is still hope! Sending best wishes to you all xx 

I think we got an acceptence email same time. Did u recieve letter of award from portal?

On 3/22/2018 at 11:03 AM, elicia said:

Can someone give them a call and ask? I called them so many times I think they recognize my voice now :D

Just called. They haven't had an update since mid-March (not sure what that means), but results will probably come out by the end of March since they're a couple weeks delayed. 

3 hours ago, somethinglike said:

Just called. They haven't had an update since mid-March (not sure what that means), but results will probably come out by the end of March since they're a couple weeks delayed. 

Hopefully we'll hear something by next week then 

5 minutes ago, elicia said:

Hopefully we'll hear something by next week then 

the portal is set for maintenance on monday... i feel like that means they'll be uploading decisions?? not sure, but hoping 

20 hours ago, Nyambuu said:

Thanks. No, not yet. Yesterday, portal status changed from application submitted to selection made. 

Just checked mine again and it's changed to initial funding. I was getting worried someone was playing a mean trick on me! :)  

On 3/23/2018 at 5:21 PM, Lentiful said:

the portal is set for maintenance on monday... i feel like that means they'll be uploading decisions?? not sure, but hoping 

I'm honestly kinda loosing hope, after learning this year 3-4 times more applications were submitted. I've seen the list of winners of past years in DAAD, majority are from fancy, well known collages. I'm not, I'm from a regular university with a regular GPA, no hope......(sigh)

20 minutes ago, Lord Z said:

I'm honestly kinda loosing hope, after learning this year 3-4 times more applications were submitted. I've seen the list of winners of past years in DAAD, majority are from fancy, well known collages. I'm not, I'm from a regular university with a regular GPA, no hope......(sigh)

heyyy no negative thoughts. Not everything is about school and GPA. I heard that sometimes they just read your app and see that spark in you. My school's DAAD "advisor" said that the personal statement is really the make or break.... may I ask what your intended school in Germany is? and intended major? 

I think this long wait is taking a toll on us all

Edited by Lentiful

I just got off the phone with the DAAD office in NY. They told me to wait 2 more weeks and that this is even a conservative estimate. They have 600 applicants for the graduate scholarship for all applicants and have only processed about 50/600 so far. They told me that they are not authorized to discuss an application with a pending decision and just asked me to be patient for at least two more weeks.

Some people in another forum are saying this could take until the beginning of May. There may be some truth to this :(

23 minutes ago, Nonholonomic said:

I just got off the phone with the DAAD office in NY. They told me to wait 2 more weeks and that this is even a conservative estimate. They have 600 applicants for the graduate scholarship for all applicants and have only processed about 50/600 so far. They told me that they are not authorized to discuss an application with a pending decision and just asked me to be patient for at least two more weeks.

Some people in another forum are saying this could take until the beginning of May. There may be some truth to this :(

Scheiße

On 18/03/2018 at 2:25 PM, loopyunicorn21 said:

I got an email last week from DAAD India office that I got the scholarship I applied for. It seemed like a generic email. Was told that Bonn will take over further procedures. I can't believe it till I get the official letter! 

And am sure the decisions are still being made. They were very particular that we shdnt share results online. Guess some kind of wait lists is there.

Stay strong everyone.

Hey, I have also received the same mail asking me not to disclose the result! Any further response after that? And by the way, does it imply that I am through? :/

Edited by Soh.Bhatt

8 hours ago, Soh.Bhatt said:

Hey, I have also received the same mail asking me not to disclose the result! Any further response after that? And by the way, does it imply that I am through? :/

Nope. I asked her when we will receive the official letter and further info and she told "In another month or so". 

Then I asked her about the language course. Because during the interview they told that we need to attend it in Germany by June 12. And if they are sending the letter only by April/May, hardly any time to apply for admission at the univ and then get visa. She replied " Can attend language course without getting admit. The language course is not going to be in Berlin."

Was your email like below: ?

"The DAAD is glad to offer the scholarship you applied for..blah blah...this is a preliminary enquiry so do not communicate this offer to anyone. NOT EVEN YOUR GERMAN/INDIAN GUIDES."

And did they say anything on when the lang course during the interview/emails?

Edited by loopyunicorn21

4 minutes ago, loopyunicorn21 said:

A general question. Has anyone already officially applied to their target university for the term starting in OCT 2018? 

I contacted my future PhD supervisor and he told me I have to do it once I arrive to Germany. He said generally for PhD students there is no hurry for that

35 minutes ago, loopyunicorn21 said:

Nope. I asked her when we will receive the official letter and further info and she told "In another month or so". 

Then I asked her about the language course. Because during the interview they told that we need to attend it in Germany by June 12. And if they are sending the letter only by April/May, hardly any time to apply for admission at the univ and then get visa. She replied " Can attend language course without getting admit. The language course is not going to be in Berlin."

Was your email like below: ?

"The DAAD is glad to offer the scholarship you applied for..blah blah...this is a preliminary enquiry so do not communicate this offer to anyone. NOT EVEN YOUR GERMAN/INDIAN GUIDES."

And did they say anything on when the lang course during the interview/emails?

Yes my email says exactly the same. Mine is the 1 year sandwich program. So my language course is supposed to start in August. But I did not ask anything about the course later on. I mailed the lady on 22nd asking about the formal letter. She said it would take another 3 weeks! My only concern is whether I should consider this offer as final! or there is a chance of getting rejected later? What do you think? And by the way, the language course is not going to be in Berlin means what? will it take place in India itself?!!

3 hours ago, Soh.Bhatt said:

Yes my email says exactly the same. Mine is the 1 year sandwich program. So my language course is supposed to start in August. But I did not ask anything about the course later on. I mailed the lady on 22nd asking about the formal letter. She said it would take another 3 weeks! My only concern is whether I should consider this offer as final! or there is a chance of getting rejected later? What do you think? And by the way, the language course is not going to be in Berlin means what? will it take place in India itself?!!

Though I have also applied for 1 year sandwich program, I didn't receive any such mail yet. Do that mean, I am out :(   and what do they mean by saying not to disclose. Did we others , who are waiting for result, have committed any serious crime by applying for DAAD fellowship.:D Very strange and childish behavior.

Seems like this fellowship is meant for people, whose advisors who have good contact with DAAD. loosing hope :(

Edited by praveen5321468

21 minutes ago, praveen5321468 said:

Though I have also applied for 1 year sandwich program, I didn't receive any such mail yet. Do that mean, I am out :(   and what do they mean by saying not to disclose. Did we others , who are waiting for result, have committed any serious crime by applying for DAAD fellowship.:D Very strange and childish behavior.

Seems like this fellowship is meant for people, whose advisors who have good contact with DAAD. loosing hope :(

I also found it quite childish! I guess they are doing it simply to avoid the unnecessary hassle of keeping people in waiting list or so! But please don’t think you are out. Because I read it in other forum that they give out offers in batches. Yours might come just after a few days. 

Ridiculously they asked us not disclose it to our guides also. So my work here in India is also at a halt somehow. Most importantly I don’t even know whether this offer can be considered as final or not since there is so much secrecy associated. So I am a little stuck as well. But let’s hope for the best!

1 hour ago, Soh.Bhatt said:

I also found it quite childish! I guess they are doing it simply to avoid the unnecessary hassle of keeping people in waiting list or so! But please don’t think you are out. Because I read it in other forum that they give out offers in batches. Yours might come just after a few days. 

Ridiculously they asked us not disclose it to our guides also. So my work here in India is also at a halt somehow. Most importantly I don’t even know whether this offer can be considered as final or not since there is so much secrecy associated. So I am a little stuck as well. But let’s hope for the best!

Mine PhD work condition is same.  could you please tell when u had ur interview. Mine was held on 31st january.

1 hour ago, MicTric said:

During the interview, they told me that probably the languange course will take place in Leipzig. Idk if its the same for everyone.

Anyhow, I don't care about this until I will get some sort of notification...

mine is in marburg, i already received the accomodation information

Edited by Aline1995

7 minutes ago, praveen5321468 said:

COngratulation .. mine status is still same .. but happy finally someone got selected .. cheers ?

I don't think "selection made" implies to my selection. I read everywhere that if "selection made" changes to "funding" then only you are selected. "selection made" can be changed to "rejected" as well. I have read in other posts.  And as I have told before that they give out offer in batches, so don't lose your hope yet.

30 minutes ago, Soh.Bhatt said:

Guys please check your status in the portal. mine has just changed to selection made ! Does it mean that result is due very soon?

According to people earlier discussion in this forum, it means a decision has already been made. Now, it changes to either funding or rejected. Good luck!