DAAD SCHOLARSHIP 2018-2019

elianacvd

I'm new to this forum and was wondering if anyone could kindly answer my question.

I have been nominated for a DAAD GSSP scholarship by a Grad School in Berlin and am in the process of uploading a set of documents on the DAAD Portal. Does anyone know if this second part of the process is mostly a formality or if there is a good chance that the DAAD may reject the application? From what I understand, the 'main part' of the whole process where academic merit, research experience, quality of the research proposal, etc. are analysed is at the Grad School, with the DAAD stage being mainly a formal process. But as I'm not sure about that, I thought I'd ask you guys, who seem to be quite familiar with the DAAD.

Thanks! 

hello kafka777

I applied for a GSSP scholarship in Berlin (Potsdam) as well, after a successfull interview. Unfortunately, since I submitted my application in the DAAD portal (6 february), I still have no news about the result. As you can read in this forum, the rejection from DAAD is a possibility, and not a very remote one since several guys here got rejected. I assume that DAAD, which has the "final word" on our application, decides the people to "hire" by following some kind of selection process based on your application documents. This process, that takes AN ABSURD AMOUNT OF TIME, is still totally obscure to me and I guess to the majority of the people here.

Best of luck :)

On 19/04/2018 at 3:43 PM, Nigina said:

Hello, everyone! Have been reading a forum for a while, and now I'm writing here for the first time. My status changed to "Funding" on Tuesday, but I have not received any email from DAAD yet. How long did you have to wait before official email confirmation?

Hi, mine had come just one day after the changing of my status to "funding". 

17 hours ago, arakataka said:

Hey guys!

Does anyone know how to fill the declaration of Acceptance?

Received it today, don't know what exactly should I do with it before uploading.

Simply download and upload it back by clicking on the acceptance of declaration option. You don't need to sign.

Warm greetings!

I am a new user, however, have been following chats quite awhile. What I have learned so far is that DAAD has already communicated final results. Though, my application submitted for the short-term research grant (deadline in November) is still in the mode of "selection made". I have applied from Georgia and Georgian office says that they are not aware of results, thus applicants will be reached directly through the portal. A friend of mine, Georgian as well, has the same problem. Wondering if somebody is in the same situation? 

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Kind regards

On 2/20/2018 at 5:47 AM, loopyunicorn21 said:

@Art21  Yep. For the PhD programme. I hope you are right!! But, seriously though, the whole things seemed very "german". :D:(

Hi loopy,

I had the same feeling too. I applied from Egypt and everything went OK. However, I was a bit confused during the interview. Do you have any idea about how the performance during the interview contributes to the final decision? I knew they have a 'point system' to evaluate the applications.

Hello everyone,

I have applied to a Scholarship for Graduates of All Disciplines at the end of November and still no news. Does anyone know if it is normal? I'm from Italy. 

Also, my status appears as "Initial funding" and my application status as "application cancelled" but I guess and hope this last one is only due to the fact I added documents the day after it results as cancelled. This last day I received a mail confirming they received them.

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

1 hour ago, MicTric said:

@TobiasTobias

I'm from italy too. Still no news :)

@MicTric , may I ask, when did you apply? Was it in November of the last year? Asking because I am still waiting for the results even though my program starts on the 4th of June. I tried to contact the Georgian office, however, they are uninformed as well. In the absence of any clear idea until when are we supposed to wait, matters surely get worse. 

On 4/27/2018 at 11:11 PM, Ma_Sayyad said:

Hi loopy,

I had the same feeling too. I applied from Egypt and everything went OK. However, I was a bit confused during the interview. Do you have any idea about how the performance during the interview contributes to the final decision? I knew they have a 'point system' to evaluate the applications.

Hi. I think your proposal and your research experience is given importance in the beginning. Then, during the interview, they usually ask about these two and then the panel takes a decision based on the interview. So, I guess 50-50 for interview and proposal. But its just a guess. If your interview went well, and they seemed interested in you, then there is a very good chance you got through:) 

9 hours ago, loopyunicorn21 said:

Hi. I think your proposal and your research experience is given importance in the beginning. Then, during the interview, they usually ask about these two and then the panel takes a decision based on the interview. So, I guess 50-50 for interview and proposal. But its just a guess. If your interview went well, and they seemed interested in you, then there is a very good chance you got through:) 

Thx bro. Hope you the best.

49 minutes ago, Anna_schneider said:

@MicTric , may I ask, when did you apply? Was it in November of the last year? Asking because I am still waiting for the results even though my program starts on the 4th of June. I tried to contact the Georgian office, however, they are uninformed as well. In the absence of any clear idea until when are we supposed to wait, matters surely get worse. 

I applied on 1st december, made the interview around the end of january. The funding period was meant to start on april, as for what was written in the webpage, but as you can see everything got shifted...

1 hour ago, MicTric said:

I applied on 1st december, made the interview around the end of january. The funding period was meant to start on april, as for what was written in the webpage, but as you can see everything got shifted...

Sorry about that. Let's hope that everything will be successfully settled. 

Yeah lets hope for the best. However, I don't remember who, but in this topic a guy called the office in bonn. They said that results will be out during the first 2 weeks of may. So hopefully we are close to the end of the run