Clinical Psychology Fall 2018 Applicants

Piggysaurus

22 hours ago, Piggysaurus said:

Alright alright, where my Clinical Psychology PhD peeps at? Probably checking their emails 300 times a day like I am. Goodness me, 2018 cannot come any sooner.

Hi, on the same boat with you. Some of the programs are starting to extend interviews but to none of them I applied. Waiting now .. :) I am also binge watching TV series for a few days.

Anyway, hope the applicaiton season goes by soon :)

I’m here! I applied to too many schools and already got a rejection from Ole Miss due to “limited resources” and lack of “match with faculty research interests”, so hopefully I hear back soon from other schools with better results! 

30 minutes ago, psychshow said:

Hi! Yes, I had absolutely zero anxiety while applying, but I hate not knowing the results yet. I'm definitely checking my email more often than I should, but it'll be okay.

Wow, you seem so calm about everything! Teach me your ways :huh:

Ugh yes! I just want to know if I got any interviews so I can start planning on applying to jobs (if I get no interviews) or buying plane tickets. When do y'all think I should worry about not getting any interview offers? Around late January? 

Edited by pshamu
added new question

9 hours ago, pshamu said:

Ugh yes! I just want to know if I got any interviews so I can start planning on applying to jobs (if I get no interviews) or buying plane tickets. When do y'all think I should worry about not getting any interview offers? Around late January? 

I would say around mid-February-early March to start worrying, but even if you do receive an offer or invite to interview, still look at jobs and apply to a few. I have a friend *cough* it’s me, that got into a PhD program last yr but in late June was told I would no longer be funded (the program went bankrupt or something along the lines of not having enough money to fund students). In late June I had to start looking at jobs that were all taken by recent grads who probably started looking in March. Weird things happen, just apply to jobs to even get a feel of how easy or hard it can be for you. Just to keep your bases completely covered!

On 12/15/2017 at 3:58 PM, pataka said:

Wow, you seem so calm about everything! Teach me your ways :huh:

I'm honestly just a very relaxed person. I'm also planning my wedding at the moment, so that takes my mind off of it a bit.

Hello everyone! I applied to an assortment of clinical and developmental programs but I am patiently waiting to hear back from my top choice, DePaul (clinical-child) program! Thankfully the holidays are a good excuse to stay off email, and spend time with family, lol!

I was feeling pretty patient till I got my first interview letter, now I am checking my email much too much. I have been turning my phone on airplane mode so I don't get anxious every time I notice a new email and then disappointed when it's not a letter from my other schools of interests. Best of Luck everyone!!

2 hours ago, HeatherLynn said:

I was feeling pretty patient till I got my first interview letter, now I am checking my email much too much. I have been turning my phone on airplane mode so I don't get anxious every time I notice a new email and then disappointed when it's not a letter from my other schools of interests. Best of Luck everyone!!

Congrats on the interview!!

Hi friends! I'm also playing the waiting game for my clinical programs (applied to nine) and this website has made my anxiety go through the roof! :-) Always checking my email, but so far I have only seen one person post results from a program I have applied to, so I know I shouldn't be too worried, but I can't help it. :^) It's crazy that this is so close yet so far away!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...