Fall 2018 PhD (Social Work/Social Welfare)

10 hours ago, SWjdg said:

HIV and PrEP in MSM/Ethnic minorities 

Thats great! Best of luck with your decision, and let me know if you have any questions about Pittsburgh, the faculty, or anything. If you haven't visited, the Cathedral of Learning is beautiful and I greatly suggest checking it out. 

1 hour ago, mf2854 said:

Thats great! Best of luck with your decision, and let me know if you have any questions about Pittsburgh, the faculty, or anything. If you haven't visited, the Cathedral of Learning is beautiful and I greatly suggest checking it out. 

Fantastic, I'll definitely follow you up about that stuff - thanks

On 2/23/2018 at 7:09 PM, Thewait said:

Sorry to hear that. How did your interview go with U of Houston, though? Sending good vibes!

I hope it went well! The thing with interviews is that they could go either way, since you might be a great candidate but someone else might be a better fit. We will see! 

On 2/23/2018 at 8:50 PM, MCIChris said:

Congrats! You will definitely hear from more schools with good news! I also just received the official offer package from U of Maryland at Baltimore. Their package is very attractive (actually it is the highest I have had so far), but the safety issue is a major concern. 

No updates from UT-Austin yet.

Just heard back from UT Austin. They said they have 7 people on the waitlist and prioritizing only the top 3. Unfortunately, I am not part of the top 3 because they don't have a potential faculty match for me yet. Hope you get better news! The universe is giving me all greenlights to accept Indiana's offer.

I just received a WEIRD email from UCLA - “Applications receipt Acknowledgement”, as in “hey we have your application”. Of course, I already knew this because i completed it months ago and I received the OTHER email stating that they were still reviewing applications. Did anyone else receive this email? 

Edited by JesstDoIt

2 hours ago, JesstDoIt said:

I just received a WEIRD email from UCLA - “Applications receipt Acknowledgement”, as in “hey we have your application”. Of course, I already knew this because i completed it months ago and I received the OTHER email stating that they were still reviewing applications. Did anyone else receive this email? 

Yeah, must have been some glitch. I am assuming their new system is taking a toll on their admissions situation. 

2 hours ago, JesstDoIt said:

Received this same email! 

Just spoke to UCLA - should be sending out decision this week, according to the person I spoke with. Still no word from UNC chapel hill. 

Accepted to FSU, UGA, and UofH with full tuitions and stipends. 

When do y’all think is an appropriate time to let a school know you are going somewhere else? How are y’all doing it?