Fall 2018 PhD (Social Work/Social Welfare)

2 hours ago, DisasterBin said:

@SocialResearcher Isn't that person you?

I applied to Penn, but have not gotten an interview. Seems to be uncommon to get an interview request from Penn looking at the results, but who knows how accurate that is. 

1 hour ago, SWjdg said:

Heard back on Thursday that I was rejected from UChicago, just generic letter on the application webpage

Sorry to hear that! I’m sure you’ll get a favorable result before the season is over. 

On 2/11/2018 at 4:34 PM, SWjdg said:

Heard back on Thursday that I was rejected from UChicago, just generic letter on the application webpage

I got rejected as well. However, the Chair of the SSA Program wrote me a personal email copying the two POIs I spoke with, encouraging me to apply again next year because she enjoyed reading my application and just didn't have space for me. 

I am 0 for 2 thus far! These 2 were my reaches though, so hopefully I'll hear a YES from the 4 soon. 

1 hour ago, Thewait said:

I got rejected as well. However, the Chair of the SSA Program wrote me a personal email copying the two POIs I spoke with, encouraging me to apply again next year because she enjoyed reading my application and just didn't have space for me. 

I am 0 for 2 thus far! These 2 were my reaches though, so hopefully I'll hear a YES from the 4 soon. 

I didn't warrant a special email I suppose. I'm pretty content with the decision, I just dislike lazy responses - especially when I've talked to faculty there personally. 

Hiiii everyone,  Does anyone know when the University of Michigan and the Boston College will announce their results this year? =,= I am a little bit afraid to write an email to inquire at this nervous period...

On 2/2/2018 at 10:19 AM, elbow2123 said:

Just did the same. He said the applicant pool this year was especially strong. Oh well!

I heard from Michigan yesterday morning.... rejected, but I know its a super duper small program. 

Does anyone know when UW-Madison will send out their decisions? 

2 hours ago, SocialW said:

I heard from Michigan yesterday morning.... rejected, but I know its a super duper small program. 

Does anyone know when UW-Madison will send out their decisions? 

Hi SocialW,

Do you mean the joint Ph.D. program at University of Michigan?

Well, just got an email from UT Austin that I was Waitlisted. At least it wasn't my third straight NO. What are the chances of getting off the waitlist?

I still have 3 final hopes. Please send positive vibes. Really trying not to get too discouraged since these first three were the Big 3 (top tier programs). 

On 2/12/2018 at 6:06 PM, SWjdg said:

I didn't warrant a special email I suppose. I'm pretty content with the decision, I just dislike lazy responses - especially when I've talked to faculty there personally. 

16 minutes ago, Thewait said:

Well, just got an email from UT Austin that I was Waitlisted. At least it wasn't my third straight NO. What are the chances of getting off the waitlist?

I still have 3 final hopes. Please send positive vibes. Really trying not to get too discouraged since these first three were the Big 3 (top tier programs). 

Waitlist's  certainly happen! Definitely a good thing, and mainly top applicants will move around schools so surely the waitlist will move around some. 

16 minutes ago, Thewait said:

50 minutes ago, maternalandchildhealth said:

BC will be sending out decisions in the next week, per my conversation with the dean this morning. Good luck, everyone.

Thank you for sharing the info. I am looking forward to hearing back with a good news!!!

2 hours ago, cookiemonster_ said:

Hello @SocialW,

Thank you for the info! Did you receive the information via phone call, email or website? and May I ask what field did you apply to?

Thanks in advance!

and DisasterBin, I still haven't heard anything either. Best wishes to both of us!

Hi Monster,

Nice to meet you! I applied for the joint program between social work and anthropology. I am guessing that they have not released the results because there is no post on the result search page.