Fall 2018 PhD (Social Work/Social Welfare)

Looks like Berkeley is starting to send out acceptances too. Hopefully we all start hearing back from schools in the next two weeks. 

Good luck all!

quick update on UPenn: had an email convo with the program director who asked me to send a list of my publications with impact factors listed. Took it as a good sign. 

I am waiting on Berkeley... I interviewed in mid december and saw that one other person who interviewed was accepted via email. Would they contact people on different days or is it time to start grieving?

5 minutes ago, SWjdg said:

Oh it wasn't me, I wish. grieving acceptances went out lol

Oh I feel you - happy for those that got accepted but slowly started grieving when I saw this!! Ugh the wait.... goodluck to us both, I applied too!

1 hour ago, gandma said:

@hungrygrad any updates? Some schools invite at different times due to funding sources. I.e. university wide fellowships vs. school funding...

I called the admissions office yesterday because I was driving myself crazy speculating about it and they basically said “more than one acceptance was sent out” but that doesn’t *necessarily* mean that all acceptances have been sent out and that acceptances/rejections should all be out by the end of next week. I really got my hopes up after interviewing and it is my dream to go to Berkeley (it’s the only school I applied to) so i’m starting to give up the ghost but really just want to know. 

Hi everyone!

I am pretty nervous over here.

I applied to WashU, U of Chicago, UT Austin, U of Denver, IU and SUNY-Albany.

Got my rejection from WashU and based on people already hearing back from U of Chicago, I probably didn't get in either. :( :unsure: 

#justneedtogetone

18 hours ago, DisasterBin said:

@Thewait I am also very nervous now because I have not got any good news from all the programs I applied. : (  I think an offer rain will occur in these two weeks. We'll have fabulous results!

Thank you! Putting it out in the universe,  that we are gong to receive awesome news soon!!!