Who's Applying for Fall 2012? Where are you Applying?

litjust

*walks into work....

co-worker says, "soo, have you heard anything yet?"

I reply, "no but all these people are hearing back and I think i'm close but who knows and i'm just waiting patiently so we'll see i dunno maybe i'll hear back soon! i'll be sure to let you know i'm so excited omg i hope i get in! but i don't know we'll see all these people are hearing back and I think i'm good but you know...."

co-worker, nodding yes out of politeness and as soon as I'm done rambling they're already out of sight..

LOL

I'm a wreck.

I can totally relate to these neurotic ramblings! I know I've said too much when my listener gets that glint in her/his eye letting me know that I've passed the threshold of tolerance.

Wildviolet, I partially took your advice and emailed the secretary for my program to ask if apps were being reviewed. She wrote me back and said yes and I should hear by the end of February. Long time to wait, but at least I have some sort of idea now :)

Okay so now I'm joining those of you who are freaking out! As of yesterday I had only heard from USC and was starting to settle on the fact that it would be a great fit and awesome place to be for the next 4 years - then I get a phone interview invite from Wisconsin and Michigan! I'm afraid I will be a wreck this whole weekend worrying about my interviews on Monday and Tuesday....

Okay so now I'm joining those of you who are freaking out! As of yesterday I had only heard from USC and was starting to settle on the fact that it would be a great fit and awesome place to be for the next 4 years - then I get a phone interview invite from Wisconsin and Michigan! I'm afraid I will be a wreck this whole weekend worrying about my interviews on Monday and Tuesday....

Congrats!!! Ãœber excited for you! Good luck in them, you'll rock, I know it. :)

abr, congrats! I completely understand the pre-interview freak out. For what it's worth, I think the pre-interview panic is far worse than the interview itself or post-interview stress. Good luck!

For all those suffering from chest pain, angst (existential or general), pessimism, compulsive internet browsing, or other symptoms of PhD applications, it definitely relaxed me to find a few good jokes on the internet. Two recent favorites:

A polar bear walks into a bar, sits down and order a "Bicardi and................................................ cola"

Bartender asks, whats with the huge pause??? Polar Bear says "These? Born with'em...."

(for those who like puns)

A horse walks into a bar. Several people get up and leave because they realize the potential danger of the situation.

(for those who like meta-humor)

For all those suffering from chest pain, angst (existential or general), pessimism, compulsive internet browsing, or other symptoms of PhD applications, it definitely relaxed me to find a few good jokes on the internet. Two recent favorites:

A polar bear walks into a bar, sits down and order a "Bicardi and................................................ cola"

Bartender asks, whats with the huge pause??? Polar Bear says "These? Born with'em...."

(for those who like puns)

I love this joke! Reminds me of this one:

A panda walks into a café. He orders a sandwich, eats it, then draws a gun and proceeds to fire it at the other patrons.

"Why?" asks the confused, surviving waiter amidst the carnage, as the panda makes towards the exit. The panda produces a badly punctuated wildlife manual and tosses it over his shoulder.

"Well, I'm a panda," he says, at the door. "Look it up."

The waiter turns to the relevant entry in the manual and, sure enough, finds an explanation. "Panda. Large black-and-white bear-like mammal, native to China. Eats, shoots and leaves."

Finally, some good news to share! I've been accepted to the Institute of Higher Education at Georgia! Can hardly believe it!

Congrats, HigherLearning!!! I'm so happy for you :D

Edited by litjust

Congrats!!! I hope your interviews go well :)

I applied to Teachers College MA Human Development and BC Lynch School for MA in Applied Developmental. My tests scores were quite poor, but I have a MA and research experience so hopefully that will offset the scores. Hopefully I'll get in somewhere, preferably BC.

Edited by critic1

Congrats abr2116!

Hey all, just wanted to let you know that I got an unofficial acceptance from UC Riverside just now over email! FYI.

Hope everyone else starts to hear soon! :)

P.S. I don't know if I let the wider forum know, but USC should be sending out acceptances on Wednesday, Feb. 1! :) GOOD LUCK!

Congrats abr2116!

Hey all, just wanted to let you know that I got an unofficial acceptance from UC Riverside just now over email! FYI.

Hope everyone else starts to hear soon! :)

P.S. I don't know if I let the wider forum know, but USC should be sending out acceptances on Wednesday, Feb. 1! :) GOOD LUCK!

CONGRATS!!! That's epic. :D

So for USC, should we hear by Wednesday, or wait a few days for the post? O.o?!

Edited by hitomimay

I never got that email. I received an email on Jan 5 th stating my application would not be reviewed because they had yet to receive my transcripts ( I sent them out late Dec.) I did not hear anything back until the acceptance.

I'm so glad they decided to look at your app! Congrats again.

Thanks! It was by email.. Yea I got word back like 2 weeks after the deadline

Hmmm.... I'm still waiting.

Congrats to everyone who got acceptances and interviews!!!! Positive energy to all! And a virtual hug to everyone who's still waiting and needs some warm and fuzzies. Mini pep talk - You got this! You can do this! You're amazing!

hitomimay - I think you may have to wait a few days for the post... I'm literally almost in the same zipcode though, so I'll let you all know when/if I hear! :)

Thanks! You're the best, I really appreciate it! :D

Ahhhh, so nervous! ><'' I could almost pee myself. :(

Yesterday was a good day. My phone call with Michigan & skype with USC went well. Both professors were very friendly & seemed like good people to work with. Although I don't have any acceptances in hand yet my confidence is certainly growing based upon these conversations. I don't want to think about it too much as the process already dominates most of my thoughts but there are a lot of pros and cons for Michigan and USC. Well I'm anxious to hear as more acceptances roll in...Good luck all!

Has anyone else applied to Columbia Teachers College PhD programs for Fall 2012? I am so curious what other people's experiences have been so far. The website didn't have any information about an interview being part of the application process, and yet, they asked me for a phone interview. I had the interview, now I am just waiting to hear back!....

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted ANYWHERE, it is a big feat in itself and you should pat yourself on the back... for everyone who is still waiting, keep your chin up. :rolleyes:

Has anyone else applied to Columbia Teachers College PhD programs for Fall 2012? I am so curious what other people's experiences have been so far. The website didn't have any information about an interview being part of the application process, and yet, they asked me for a phone interview. I had the interview, now I am just waiting to hear back!....

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted ANYWHERE, it is a big feat in itself and you should pat yourself on the back... for everyone who is still waiting, keep your chin up. :rolleyes:

2Eudaimonia, could you please let us know which program you applied? Thanks!

Crossing my fingers that I get some good news this season!! Congrats to everyone who has heard some good news already. Best of luck to those waiting for Feb-March to roll around. Remember, it's not over yet!!!!