Who's Applying for Fall 2012? Where are you Applying?

litjust

Hi All,

Let's start a thread about what Ed programs we're applying to for fall 2012. It's simple -- list your school choices, the program, and specialty area (which may be different depending on the program) :)

Schools:

Program:

Specialty Area (if any):

-------------------------

Schools: Berkeley, UW-Madison, Emory, UC Davis

Program: PhD - Curriculum & Instruction

Specialty Area (if any): Language, Literacy, & Culture / Multicultural Education / Literacy & History

I thought it was weird that no one has posted one of these types of threads. It's like a tumble weed rolled by.

Are we not feeling it this year?

Personally, I'm still on the fence and I'm unsure about applying for grad school. I need to come to a decision because it's winding down.

Hi! I'm applying to (all M.Ed)

Harvard GSE - TIE

University of Wisconsin - Educational Communications & Technology

University of Washington - Learning Sciences

Columbia TC - Instructional Technology

Also applying to three media studies programs at UC Santa Cruz, MIT, and Georgia Tech.

My visit was wonderful! It was my first time in Chicago and the conference was located near the Magnificent Mile. I thought the architecture was lovely. I'm applying Language, Literacy and Culture, which is also Social and Cultural studies. Good luck to you!

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit! What conference did you attend? I was up until the last second uploading documents to my app. Eek!!! What concentration are you applying to in SSCE?

I attended the NAME (National Association for Multicultural Education) Conference. It was my first time attending and I thought it was great! Bill Ayers was the keynote speaker. Congrats on getting everything in on time :) Well, I'm applying to the Language, Literacy, Society and Culture program and my concentration will be Language, Literacy, and Culture. So now we wait...

I still have two more apps (Emory and Davis) which are both due in January. My Emory app is almost complete and I need to finish uploading everything for Davis. Did all of your apps have a December deadline?

Nope. Most of my schools have a January deadline. I only have 3 schools that have a December deadline- UCLA, Berkeley, and Northwestern. Penn has rolling admissions so I think I might work on that next so that I don't apply at the tail end of their cycle.

Just a few Math Ed / Learning Sciences Programs (with a focus on Culture and Math Learning):

- PhD in Mathematics Education (Dept. of Teaching and Learning), Vanderbilt University

- Ed.D in Culture, Communities, and Education, HGSE (Again, with a focus on Math Ed)

- PhD in Learning Sciences, Northwestern

Good luck, everyone! :)

Edited by firebird24

FutureEd, December seems to be moving along rather quickly! How's the progress on the rest of your apps? I only need one more set of transcripts, so I ordered one from my undergrad and I still have to order one from my grad institution. Fortunately, those don't take too long to arrive, but I can't believe it's already the 9th....

Edited by litjust

Litjust- I can't believe it's already the 10th! I leave to Rome in 2 weeks which means that I either finish my apps now or do them while I'm studying abroad. I've been soooo busy. How are things going on your end? Sounds like you have things under control...

^Is there any way you can finish them in the two weeks before you leave? I totally understand and empathize with your schedule. I've been busy as well. In a couple weeks, I'm visiting Madison to meet with a few professors and after that I plan to finish the rest of my apps. For the most part, everything is OK. But, I'll be glad when it's all over. This is such a long process...

Hello!

I have a dual degree in Early Childhood Education and Special Education. Knowing that my heart is with Special Ed, I am applying to Vanderbilt's Peabody College. The Department of Special Education has a program for autism research. I applied early, and I am still waitingI Fingers crossed!! Good luck to everyone :)

M

Nice to have company in the waiting game. Good luck, everyone!

My work is in critical and historical studies of American public education systems, so I've applied to interdisciplinary programs as well, but my Edu's are:

Berkeley:  Social and Cultural Studies

Illinois: Education Policy - History of Edu

Vanderbilt:  Public Policy

WashU: Educational Policy

Hey everyone! I recently received mental assurance that teaching English on the secondary and community college level would be my ticket into the world of education. So, I'm applying to a couple of English and American Studies programs for the fall of 2012.

Applying to: Alabama (both English and American Studies), West Georgia (English), and Florida Atlantic (English)

Interestingly, I've been accepted into two schools already: Towson University (Professional Writing) and the University of Arkansas at Little Rock (Professional and Technical Writing). I applied to both of those schools because I thought that technical writing would be my career of choice, which was a rather idealistic decision.

Anyway, I'm hoping I get into one of the schools mentioned above! Hopefully you guys get accepted into your program of choice too.