Who's Applying for Fall 2012? Where are you Applying?

litjust

I finally heard from the professor's secretary. Another Skype meeting, this time with the professor. Hahaha, oh man...

Whew! Made it to the next round. Good luck to you!!! When is your second meeting? (Oh, I just spied your signature. Is it 1/19?)

You'd be surprised! USC didn't have an interview component publicized either, but here we are! According to GradCafe Results Search, Harvard starting sending out admission notices mid/late Feb last year, so might be sooner than we think! :D

Yes, I think we should expect to hear from Harvard mid-Feb. Which really isn't that far away! I'm looking forward to this :)

And congratulations on getting to interview with the professor! Have a great call and let us know how it went!

Guys, has anyone heard from Penn GSE? I have seen people start receiving email invitations to the Ph.D. weekend.

Although, Penn GSE admissions blog said the invitations will be emailed within next week only...

In the last couple of years, Penn GSE has sent the PhD weekend invitations out around now...January 19 or 20. I think EdD weekend invitations will go out next week. They'll probably post on the blog tomorrow that all PhD invites were extended. I didn't receive anything, so I'm guessing it's a "no".

I have never been the......

1. Jealous type, I always feel so content with what I have.

2. Worrying type, I am super cool with just tons of ice in the blood.

3. Not composed, I am always in full control.

A.Today, right at this very moment I couldnt be more jealous of those who have gotten an acceptance or phone call.

B.I am freaking out, I cant believe I have not been contacted yet. I knew that this was a process, but I was so confident in my ability to be one of the earliest accepted candidates.

C. I have checked my email and phone incessantly for about a week.

Is anyone else having this much anxiety, I mean out of your norm.

I am very type B and just chill over everything.

So in saying all this what is the word on

Stanford

UCLA

WISC

Thank you for your support:)

Finished phone meeting with the professor. It went pretty well I suppose. Just mostly talked about the types of research he wanted to start doing, and how he thought I was a good fit for some of them. He then said he hopes that this will be my last Detroit winter, that he's a really laid back advisor, to contact him or his PhD students should I have any more questions, and that admission results will be coming out soon. But no official (or even unofficial) decision.

Am I reading too much into the things he says, or should I be hopeful?! The wait is rough, but I'm certainly grateful I've even made it this far. Oh man...

First off congrats to everyone who has gotten an interview or acceptance!!

I've been lurking for a while and figured I would create an account so I could answer tli's question. I'm one of the people that posted an invite to the interview weekend at Penn GSE today. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I think, from the results search and the blog, Penn normally sends out invitations to the PhD weekend the 3rd Thursday of January. I don't know for certain but I think HigherLearning is right that tomorrow at the blog they will say that all invites have been sent. I'm so sorry and I do hope that yall hear some good news very soon!!

Guys, has anyone heard from Penn GSE? I have seen people start receiving email invitations to the Ph.D. weekend.

Although, Penn GSE admissions blog said the invitations will be emailed within next week only...

I have never been the......

1. Jealous type, I always feel so content with what I have.

2. Worrying type, I am super cool with just tons of ice in the blood.

3. Not composed, I am always in full control.

A.Today, right at this very moment I couldnt be more jealous of those who have gotten an acceptance or phone call.

B.I am freaking out, I cant believe I have not been contacted yet. I knew that this was a process, but I was so confident in my ability to be one of the earliest accepted candidates.

C. I have checked my email and phone incessantly for about a week.

Is anyone else having this much anxiety, I mean out of your norm.

I am very type B and just chill over everything.

So in saying all this what is the word on

Stanford

UCLA

WISC

Thank you for your support:)

I completely understand how you feel. The reason I lurked instead of creating an account was to try and keep some distance from this site. I'm normally pretty calm and collected but last night when I saw an interview go out to the Special Education PhD at Vanderbilt I FREAKED.OUT. And that's not even my program area. Called my mom at midnight asking if I could just quit my job and move in with her and my dad again since I wouldn't be getting a PhD anytime soon. All I'll say is you've done your best and that's all you can ask of yourself ya know? And yes I understand that doesn't help much (I felt the same way when my mom said it to me last night). Try to stay positive if you can though, maybe do something you really enjoy (movies, reading, etc). Hope this can help in some way!

Hey Everyone!

First time user. My program interest is M Ed in Higher Education...

Applied: Peabody (Vanderbilt),Louisville, University of Memphis, MTSU, Loyola University Chicago

Accepted: Peabody, Loyola

Waiting: Louisville, Memphis

Really excited about Peabody, no word on funding tho :(

Finished phone meeting with the professor. It went pretty well I suppose. Just mostly talked about the types of research he wanted to start doing, and how he thought I was a good fit for some of them. He then said he hopes that this will be my last Detroit winter, that he's a really laid back advisor, to contact him or his PhD students should I have any more questions, and that admission results will be coming out soon. But no official (or even unofficial) decision.

Am I reading too much into the things he says, or should I be hopeful?! The wait is rough, but I'm certainly grateful I've even made it this far. Oh man...

Congrats on what sounds like an awesome call! I don't think you're reading too much into anything B)

PrettyABDiva, congrats on your acceptances as well!!

Congrats PrettyABDiva!!

I'm soo anxious to hear back from schools!

I'm anxious too! I'm ecstatic about Michigan State, but I really, really want to go to Madison or Berkeley. I'm on pins and needles, but really don't expect to hear anything until Feb or March. So, maybe I should chill the ---- out.

I'm anxious too! I'm ecstatic about Michigan State, but I really, really want to go to Madison or Berkeley. I'm on pins and needles, but really don't expect to hear anything until Feb or March. So, maybe I should chill the ---- out..

Yeah. Just think- you got into one school! So you have a tenative plan. I have not heard from any schools yet. It is still early, but it is making me crazy.

I am sending prayers, good vibes, and crossed fingers to everyone!

First off congrats to everyone who has gotten an interview or acceptance!!

I've been lurking for a while and figured I would create an account so I could answer tli's question. I'm one of the people that posted an invite to the interview weekend at Penn GSE today. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I think, from the results search and the blog, Penn normally sends out invitations to the PhD weekend the 3rd Thursday of January. I don't know for certain but I think HigherLearning is right that tomorrow at the blog they will say that all invites have been sent. I'm so sorry and I do hope that yall hear some good news very soon!!

Thanks, lilgreycells and congrats on getting an invite for the PhD weekend! You and HigherLearning were right, Penn posted on their blog that the invites had been sent out...

BTW, have you applied to the PhD in PREM at Penn?

@tli

Thank you! Ah I see that now. Sorry was working late and didn't check the blog before I posted. And hey, they say that they go back to the pool of applicants after the weekend so nothing is over until you get the letter/notification :)

Oh, and I'm the Higher Ed program.

I completely understand how you feel. The reason I lurked instead of creating an account was to try and keep some distance from this site. I'm normally pretty calm and collected but last night when I saw an interview go out to the Special Education PhD at Vanderbilt I FREAKED.OUT. And that's not even my program area. Called my mom at midnight asking if I could just quit my job and move in with her and my dad again since I wouldn't be getting a PhD anytime soon. All I'll say is you've done your best and that's all you can ask of yourself ya know? And yes I understand that doesn't help much (I felt the same way when my mom said it to me last night). Try to stay positive if you can though, maybe do something you really enjoy (movies, reading, etc). Hope this can help in some way!

:) yes, we've done our best and that's really what counts.

But here's a funny coincidence: I had the very same conversation with my mom a week back! Haha :D

You're not reading too much at all, I'd say. It's true that you never know till, well, you know, but it sounds like your call went off really well :)

Shouldn't be too much longer till you get your decision now. So excited for you :)

@firebird24

Moms are the best, right? I'm grateful mine is so patient and willing to listen to my crazy freak outs. Good luck on your apps!

@HigherLearning

Thanks again for the congrats :) I wish you great success in the rest of your application season!! And hey if special education was truly notifying early then there's a chance we might be able to see each other at the Vanderbilt PhD weekend! Of course that might be made more difficult by the fact that I haven't gotten an invitation yet, but a gal can dream.

@lilgreycells- Congrats!! I just got an email from Penn that said that my app has been sent out for faculty review and I almost threw up. So, I guess I should find out in about 4 weeks. I heard that they have a pretty quick turnaround time. Is that true? Did you receive an acceptance through email or snail mail? Anxiety is getting to me. ugh.....

Hey Everyone!

First time user. My program interest is M Ed in Higher Education...

Applied: Peabody (Vanderbilt),Louisville, University of Memphis, MTSU, Loyola University Chicago

Accepted: Peabody, Loyola

Waiting: Louisville, Memphis

Really excited about Peabody, no word on funding tho :(

Congrats, PrettyABDiva!! Was your Loyola decision made by snail mail or email? I heard they process apps quickly too.

@lilgreycells- Congrats!! I just got an email from Penn that said that my app has been sent out for faculty review and I almost threw up. So, I guess I should find out in about 4 weeks. I heard that they have a pretty quick turnaround time. Is that true? Did you receive an acceptance through email or snail mail? Anxiety is getting to me. ugh.....

Awesome news FutureEdStudent12!!!! Yea I read on the blog today that Penn isn't backed up this year so you should have a decision within 4 weeks. As for the acceptance part, I haven't been accepted yet (we're saying yet so I can keep putting positive vibes out there). For doc students, Penn invites applicants for an interview weekend and then decides their admissions decisions. So I've just been talking about being invited to the weekend which I was notified of via email. Hope that helped clairfy and gah I get the anxiety. But dude it's Friday!!! Try to go out or relax or just chat with some friends about anything but this terrible, crippling process ;)

Good luck on your application season!

@lilgreycells- Thanks! I'm so nervous....ugh! Snow storm in Chicago tonight. Looking forward to a relaxing evening watching movies at home. :)

AND

Good luck at interview weekend! I can't wait to hear all about it. I haven't visited Penn, but I hear great things. What dept did you apply to?

@lilgreycells- Thanks! I'm so nervous....ugh! Snow storm in Chicago tonight. Looking forward to a relaxing evening watching movies at home. :)

AND

Good luck at interview weekend! I can't wait to hear all about it. I haven't visited Penn, but I hear great things. What dept did you apply to?

Oo I always enjoy staying in when it's raining/snowing. Though I live where 3-4 inches of snow causes all the bread and milk in the grocery store to disappear so I might think of snow differently in Chicago :)

And thanks for the well wishes! I applied to the Higher Ed program. I visited this summer and really enjoyed what I saw of the campus. I'll definitely make sure to update you after the weekend. I can make sure I take copious notes on the Soc and Ed program and just tell them it's for a friend ;)