Who's Applying for Fall 2012? Where are you Applying?

litjust

I'm normally pretty calm and collected but last night when I saw an interview go out to the Special Education PhD at Vanderbilt I FREAKED.OUT. And that's not even my program area.

Aw, man, I feel like this forum is both a blessing and a curse. I'm sorry to have been (however indirectly) the cause of your freak out--I've had more than a few of those myself throughout this process, and so I've got a ton of empathy for you, friend :) If it helps, I have no reason to think that the way Vandy does things for the Special Ed program has any relationship to the way they do things in other programs. Good luck to you! And also to everyone else applying!

Aw, man, I feel like this forum is both a blessing and a curse. I'm sorry to have been (however indirectly) the cause of your freak out--I've had more than a few of those myself throughout this process, and so I've got a ton of empathy for you, friend :) If it helps, I have no reason to think that the way Vandy does things for the Special Ed program has any relationship to the way they do things in other programs. Good luck to you! And also to everyone else applying!

Don't feel bad! You should be proud of your accomplishments! Plus, you're helping us all out by letting us know they've started notifying. I spoke with someone at Vandy who let me know that the invites were being approved by the Dean at the beginning of this week. So I knew they would be coming out sometime this week or next. With all that being said, if I get an invite at some point in the future awesome but I'm not going to beat myself up over it anymore. Congrats on the invitation to the PhD weekend and I hope it goes well!!

Oo I always enjoy staying in when it's raining/snowing. Though I live where 3-4 inches of snow causes all the bread and milk in the grocery store to disappear so I might think of snow differently in Chicago :)

And thanks for the well wishes! I applied to the Higher Ed program. I visited this summer and really enjoyed what I saw of the campus. I'll definitely make sure to update you after the weekend. I can make sure I take copious notes on the Soc and Ed program and just tell them it's for a friend ;)

Thanks, lilgreycells! Good luck! I can't wait to hear all about your weekend.

Wait how many of us are in the Chi. Im counting three right now, including me. We should set up a therapy session at my flat this weekend.

That might be very necessary between Feb-March. Ugh...the waiting.

Chicago educator represent!

Personally, I don't plan on leaving my apartment again until my toes have thawed and someone shovels my sidewalk.

I'm on the couch with a cold and a big cup of tea. Sometimes snow days have perfect timing...

Oo I always enjoy staying in when it's raining/snowing. Though I live where 3-4 inches of snow causes all the bread and milk in the grocery store to disappear so I might think of snow differently in Chicago :)

And thanks for the well wishes! I applied to the Higher Ed program. I visited this summer and really enjoyed what I saw of the campus. I'll definitely make sure to update you after the weekend. I can make sure I take copious notes on the Soc and Ed program and just tell them it's for a friend ;)

Sounds like someone is in the southeast ... this goes on in my current part of the world ^_^

I applied to University of IL-Chicago for the Urban Education PhD program. I hope I hear something soon. I checked my on line status and my transcripts haven't posted. I hope they didn't get lost in the mail. :(

Sounds like someone is in the southeast ... this goes on in my current part of the world ^_^

Ah a fellow southeaster! Wow you're applying to a lot of places with tons of snow. I bow down to you in awe.

Just got confirmation I was accepted into Peabody for Fall 2012! So excited!

Woohoo congratulations!

Just got confirmation I was accepted into Peabody for Fall 2012! So excited!

Yippie!!!! So excited for you!

Ah a fellow southeaster! Wow you're applying to a lot of places with tons of snow. I bow down to you in awe.

I am, which is totally bizarre, but I love the programs. I could stick it out for 5 years.

I have never been the......

1. Jealous type, I always feel so content with what I have.

2. Worrying type, I am super cool with just tons of ice in the blood.

3. Not composed, I am always in full control.

A.Today, right at this very moment I couldnt be more jealous of those who have gotten an acceptance or phone call.

B.I am freaking out, I cant believe I have not been contacted yet. I knew that this was a process, but I was so confident in my ability to be one of the earliest accepted candidates.

C. I have checked my email and phone incessantly for about a week.

Is anyone else having this much anxiety, I mean out of your norm.

I am very type B and just chill over everything.

So in saying all this what is the word on

Stanford

UCLA

WISC

Thank you for your support:)

Hi there,

Just got an email from a professor at Stanford today. Wants to call me tomorrow to ask a few questions about my application. Like litjust, I was accepted to MSU and heard via email about two weeks ago.

Hi there,

Just got an email from a professor at Stanford today. Wants to call me tomorrow to ask a few questions about my application. Like litjust, I was accepted to MSU and heard via email about two weeks ago.

That's awesome! Congrats! Definitely keep us posted on that! Fingers crossed for you! :D

Congrats, Wildviolet!!!! I hope your convo goes well :D

Dm242, is your WISC in reference to Madison? I'm waiting to hear from them as well, but I know they didn't return to campus until midweek last week, and they didn't review over the break, so it's still early for them. Still keeping my fingers crossed!

Hi there,

Good luck!!!!!

I keep checking my status on every website even though PhD's haven't gotten their news yet. Sigh... Hate the waiting.