Who's Applying for Fall 2012? Where are you Applying?

litjust

Hey all! I've been awol for a bit now so it's really cool to be back! Especially considering all the good news everyone's got :)

Congratulations to everyone, whether you've been called for an interview, or you've been accepted. And to those who haven't heard anything yet, I'm sure we all will soon, so hang tight!

Rejected from USC last night... personal email from the DGS at least...

Sorry, wannabeaphd! Don't take it to hard. Good thing you have been accepted to other programs.

Still waiting!!!

Edited by NOLAConstance

Rejected from USC last night... personal email from the DGS at least...

So sorry wannabeaphd :( At least you have those other acceptances! Sending you virtual ice cream/chocolate/comfort food.

any news???

No news so far. Oh though I'll PM you with thoughts from the weekend if you want!

Accepted to the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor today for Master's in Higher Education! Super excited! The turnaround on decisions is quicker than I anticipated any to be. This is the second school I've heard back from, but was not expecting to hear from anyone until mid-February/March. Nonetheless, this is great and welcomed news!

keepswimming, I'm waiting for SUSE. It seems like people started hearing around this time last year.

Me, too! By my calculations, the end of this week! Did you get to chat with a professor?

My calculations were slightly off. Just got the email this evening... wait listed at SUSE.

The email reads:

"Your application for admission has been reviewed by the School of Education. Although the admissions committee was not able to recommend you for admission at this time, I am pleased to tell you that your name is on a short list of alternates for the doctoral program in XXX Education.

The committee faced the difficult task of selecting a small number of new students from a large and highly qualified group of applicants. In naming you as an alternate, the committee recognized your own excellent qualifications.

Applicants who have received offers in the first round have been asked to let us know their decision as soon as possible and no later than April 15, 2012. We will get in touch with you as soon as possible after that date with our final decision. You also may wish to contact us before deciding on another offer."