April 15th Waitlist Results

I got into Idaho!  It's been a long journey. I applied two years ago.

basically, they sent out an email 2-3 days go asking if I was interested in all campuses and I said yes.  Then they sent me an acceptance today for online (my first choice)!

Another girl said the same thing happened to her. 

My gpa wasn't great, but my letters were awesome and I completed a slpa program over the last two years with 100 clinical hours.  Don't give up, just work on your resume over the next year.  Good luck!!

On the results search, someone just declined offers from University of North Dakota, Adelphi, and Whitewater on Saturday. Keeping fingers crossed that someone on this forum gets some good news out of that! :)

Has anybody who has been waitlist at UW Milwaukee heard back yet? I am very confused by this process! I am on the first tier of the waitlist, and they have sent us a website that updates as people get offers. They said it will be updating as people get offers, but it has not updated since April 20. When I look online on their website it says a fair amount of people get offers off the waitlist (they've averaged offering admission to 36 people off the waitlist each year for the past three years, which seems high to me). I'm getting that from http://uwm.edu/healthsciences/wp-content/uploads/sites/129/2015/05/3-year-CSD-Grad-Program-Statistics.pdf so correct me if I'm wrong.

Maybe it is just a competitive year? Or they accepted more people initially? Or I am being impatient...I'm just curious because I am highly interested in this program! If anybody has any insight, message me! Thanks ^_^ We also have not received any emails about the class being filled or anything, and I've received emails after the April 15 deadline from them. 

Edited by koalalover1

5 hours ago, mbf said:

On the results search, someone just declined offers from University of North Dakota, Adelphi, and Whitewater on Saturday. Keeping fingers crossed that someone on this forum gets some good news out of that! :)

Thanks for sharing that. Fingers crossed!

I received an offer from NYU off the wait list on April 20th but I just rejected it for financial reasons (hitting that decline button was incredibly painful). Hopefully someone else benefits from it though!

On 5/2/2016 at 11:07 AM, mbf said:

I was just accepted to Adelphi today!!!!! Send a big THANK YOU to that person for me! :)

Does anyone know if Molloy or Touro have formal waitlists? Or do they not send you anything until (and if) you are accepted?

Is anyone else still waiting from them? I called Molloy last week and the only info they could offer me was "more decisions letters have been sent out today"

• 2 weeks later...

I wont find out until May 30 :( 

I'm so nervous, I really want to go to this school. Have anyone ever emailed the staff letting them know you want this bad? Or should I wait it out? 

Last Friday I received a call and an offer of admission from UOP. I’m assuming some spots have opened up in their cohort since I was initially wait-listed and then rejected a few weeks ago :P haha before being admitted. I’m looking into what kind of financial aid package I’d be eligible for (if any) but will most likely be declining. Hopefully this will help anyone who is/was on the Pacific waiting list!

Has anyone on UW Whitewater's wait list heard back, aside from the survey to remain on the wait list? Or for those accepted, do you know if the spots are filled and the class is pretty much established? I really have my heart set on this program, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best. 

On May 23, 2016 at 8:11 AM, pdelacru said:

Last Friday I received a call and an offer of admission from UOP. I’m assuming some spots have opened up in their cohort since I was initially wait-listed and then rejected a few weeks ago :P haha before being admitted. I’m looking into what kind of financial aid package I’d be eligible for (if any) but will most likely be declining. Hopefully this will help anyone who is/was on the Pacific waiting list!

Who was it that contacted you at UOP? 

On May 24, 2016 at 6:39 AM, Zeen321 said:

Has anyone on UW Whitewater's wait list heard back, aside from the survey to remain on the wait list? Or for those accepted, do you know if the spots are filled and the class is pretty much established? I really have my heart set on this program, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best. 

We haven't been told whether or not the class is full, but it seems rather established now that we have an orientation date and were invited to a department/closed Facebook page (not sure how many are in it though, I'm having trouble joining. In the other group there's 9 of us though). I hope you get to hear some good news soon

On 5/24/2016 at 5:39 AM, Zeen321 said:

Same. I got a thank you for responding message stating the next reply would be around June 15th, but that's all.

On 5/24/2016 at 5:39 AM, Zeen321 said:

I received an email and subsequent call from Dr. DePaul last week to set up an interview at Whitewater. She said they have a spot open. I don't know if anyone else was contacted for an interview but I did my post-bacc degree at whitewater and I think that I have a very good chance of being offered the spot if I sell myself well enough during the interview. And I would accept if I was offered the spot. I'm really sorry to say, because I know how much it sucks (this is my third year applying to grad schools), but if you weren't contacted for an interview, you probably won't be getting in this year :\

On May 25, 2016 at 5:21 AM, DeWi said:

We haven't been told whether or not the class is full, but it seems rather established now that we have an orientation date and were invited to a department/closed Facebook page (not sure how many are in it though, I'm having trouble joining. In the other group there's 9 of us though). I hope you get to hear some good news soon

On May 23, 2016 at 8:11 AM, pdelacru said:

15 month or 24 month program? 

14 hours ago, tconnection360 said:

15 month or 24 month program? 

24-month program

I declined this morning. Dr. Boles never responded to my question about financial aid. It would have been nice to consider what were my options in terms of making the program somewhat affordable.

• 1 month later...
On 04/13/2016 at 2:02 PM, mcamp said:

I was waitlisted at the University of Arizona and on April 10th received an offer. I had already accepted an offer with funding from UNM, so I declined U of A, but it does happen! They do pull people off the waitlist. If you´re on a waitlist, don´t lose hope! It means the schools thinks you´re capable of becoming an SLP and wants to invest in you, they just don´t have the space yet. 

I'm finishing at UNM in the undergrad program. If you're interested in bilingual SLP topics, Dr. Rodriguez is wonderful!