April 15th Waitlist Results

As April. 15th approaches I am really curious to see who gets admitted off the waitlist! Would you please share any experiences you've had with the waitlist, if you got off and if you already had accepted another offer. There isn't much information out there on it, everyone knows the date is coming up but we are all scrambling and hoping for dear life! 

I am waitlisted to I think, 3 schools, haven't heard back from UDC. I am assuming ill have some news come next week. So close...yet so far! 

*shrieks 

2 hours ago, Rorororosy said:

As April. 15th approaches I am really curious to see who gets admitted off the waitlist! Would you please share any experiences you've had with the waitlist, if you got off and if you already had accepted another offer. There isn't much information out there on it, everyone knows the date is coming up but we are all scrambling and hoping for dear life! 

I am waitlisted to I think, 3 schools, haven't heard back from UDC. I am assuming ill have some news come next week. So close...yet so far! 

*shrieks 

I am in the same boat as you! I'm wait listed for three schools and I am also really curious as to what is going on with the waitlists! So close yet so far haha I agree!

So far I've gotten off the wait list at the University of Akron, Case Western Reserve University and Emerson College! I'm still wait-listed at a few more so we'll see what the next few days brings!

I was waitlisted at the University of Arizona and on April 10th received an offer. I had already accepted an offer with funding from UNM, so I declined U of A, but it does happen! They do pull people off the waitlist. If you´re on a waitlist, don´t lose hope! It means the schools thinks you´re capable of becoming an SLP and wants to invest in you, they just don´t have the space yet. 

19 hours ago, jerseyspeechie said:

I am in the same boat as you! I'm wait listed for three schools and I am also really curious as to what is going on with the waitlists! So close yet so far haha I agree!

SAME! Three schools. But seeing as people have already heard from some schools is making me sick to my stomach and dread the 15th even more. But I haven't heard any word about waitlists from the three I'm on so silver lining? Good luck, and BTW salty but happy for everyone who got off waitlists already :)

I still haven't even heard a single thing back from three of my schools, kinda assumed it was an "unofficial wait list" type thing.  So jealous of everyone that heard back back in February and even March. Do you think those of us on wait lists will hear right away on the 15th or do you think we'll have to wait even longer into the next couple weeks? ?

7 minutes ago, alyc said:

I still haven't even heard a single thing back from three of my schools, kinda assumed it was an "unofficial wait list" type thing.  So jealous of everyone that heard back back in February and even March. Do you think those of us on wait lists will hear right away on the 15th or do you think we'll have to wait even longer into the next couple weeks? ?

I'm just going off of what I've read on this forum, not personal experience, but I think it's going to be even more of a waiting game, but hopefully a shorter one. I was looking back through last spring's posts and read that someone accepted a position at one of the schools I'm waitlisted at on May 7th! (UGH) 

I think we are going to have to wait another week after the 15th, I am sure the have to get together and look at applications, I mean who wants to work no a sautrday! I think its going to still be a waiting game until you literally get a rejection from the school. At GWU they told us that someone got in AUGUST. Can you believe that? 

1 minute ago, Rorororosy said:

I think we are going to have to wait another week after the 15th, I am sure the have to get together and look at applications, I mean who wants to work no a sautrday! I think its going to still be a waiting game until you literally get a rejection from the school. At GWU they told us that someone got in AUGUST. Can you believe that? 

That is the worst thing I could think of. I would be so heartbroken if I wasn't accepted anywhere until August, because at that point, I wouldn't be able to accept. (I have a contract position that I'm planning to return to at a school district as Plan B if I don't get in this cycle.)

13 minutes ago, minnesotamfslp said:

That is the worst thing I could think of. I would be so heartbroken if I wasn't accepted anywhere until August, because at that point, I wouldn't be able to accept. (I have a contract position that I'm planning to return to at a school district as Plan B if I don't get in this cycle.)

I agree! We can't wait forever and put our entire lives on hold just waiting for that acceptance. It's not fair to applicants to keep them waiting that long.

I'm still waiting to hear from a program that starts in summer, may 16th! I'd be moving from Ohio to Florida, and i saw some people last year weren't accepted til like two weeks before. Crazy! The waiting game is killing me 

9 minutes ago, alyc said:

I'm still waiting to hear from a program that starts in summer, may 16th! I'd be moving from Ohio to Florida, and i saw some people last year weren't accepted til like two weeks before. Crazy! The waiting game is killing me 

Props to you. I would probably be neck deep in a break down if I were you. Would you be able to attend on two week notice?

I'm lucky because I was accepted to a couple of schools, but I'm on the waitlist at a school nearby. My plan is to move out of state for one of the schools that starts in the summer, but if I were to get in off the waitlist at the school that's local, then I won't be moving. I'm planning to move May 1st, so this sure is a nail-biter!

Edited by wannabeSLPnc

12 minutes ago, minnesotamfslp said:

Props to you. I would probably be neck deep in a break down if I were you. Would you be able to attend on two week notice?

Oh I'm getting to that break down point, thank goodness tomorrow's the 15th, fingers crossed I don't have to wait too much longer.  I have a full time job right now so I suppose a two weeks notice would be just enough time, however, it's kind of hard to drop everything and pack up your life in just two short weeks and find a place to live and all that good stuff haha ? 

6 minutes ago, alyc said:

Oh I'm getting to that break down point, thank goodness tomorrow's the 15th, fingers crossed I don't have to wait too much longer.  I have a full time job right now so I suppose a two weeks notice would be just enough time, however, it's kind of hard to drop everything and pack up your life in just two short weeks and find a place to live and all that good stuff haha ? 

Well I hope it goes well for you and you hear sooner rather than later! The housing part is what I'm worried about, too!

8 minutes ago, minnesotamfslp said:

Well I hope it goes well for you and you hear sooner rather than later! The housing part is what I'm worried about, too!

Yes! It's all just soo stressful. ready for it to be over. But Thank you, I hope you hear soon too! 

Just got an email from one of my schools, updating their waitlist:  "At this time all the places for the class are filled. While we still are unable to offer you a place at this time, we may be able to offer you a place in the future." :( fingers crossed for the "future"

Better than a rejection, right? Really trying to stay positive when all I want to do is cry under my covers all day.

They gave me until April 22 to reply (I replied ASAP!!!!!!) so I guess that is my next "calendar" date to look forward to hopefully hearing back by?

Edited by minnesotamfslp
added reply "deadline"

46 minutes ago, minnesotamfslp said:

Just got an email from one of my schools, updating their waitlist:  "At this time all the places for the class are filled. While we still are unable to offer you a place at this time, we may be able to offer you a place in the future." :( fingers crossed for the "future"

I got that from Whitewater as well (I'm assuming this is the one you're talking about?). Still haven't heard from any of my other six schools yet, getting anxious for tomorrow! I go to Whitewater, so luckily it is definitely not my first choice (program is great, I just want a change)!

Edited by koalalover1

Just now, koalalover1 said:

I got that from Whitewater as well. Still haven't heard from any of my other six schools yet, getting anxious for tomorrow! I go to Whitewater, so luckily it is definitely not my first choice (program is great, I just want a change)!

I know what you mean. This is my second round applying, and I didn't even apply to my alma mater this time around. I didn't realize how small the program was, though. I'll definitely be in contact with admissions about reapplying next year if I don't get in.

Just now, minnesotamfslp said:

I know what you mean. This is my second round applying, and I didn't even apply to my alma mater this time around. I didn't realize how small the program was, though. I'll definitely be in contact with admissions about reapplying next year if I don't get in.

Yeah, it is so small. They take 14-16. It's a great program, but I just want to go somewhere new.

The professors have told me, though, that it's common for people to change their minds late, which opens spots on the waitlist! Definitely don't give up hope yet!