April 15th Waitlist Results

9 minutes ago, koalalover1 said:

Yeah, it is so small. They take 14-16. It's a great program, but I just want to go somewhere new.

The professors have told me, though, that it's common for people to change their minds late, which opens spots on the waitlist! Definitely don't give up hope yet! 

Yeah, I was looking through previous threads and (I think) I saw two people accept a position to UWW really early in May. Still hopeful, just bummed at the moment.

16 minutes ago, koalalover1 said:

Yeah, it is so small. They take 14-16. It's a great program, but I just want to go somewhere new.

The professors have told me, though, that it's common for people to change their minds late, which opens spots on the waitlist! Definitely don't give up hope yet! 

I received the same email from whitewater about an hour ago :( quite bummed, since this is my top pick, but trying to keep my head up. Do either of you know if the class has been filled at this point with those who were initially offered acceptance, or have additional invitations been sent out to some who were on the wait list, and they've been given time to decide? I'm just curious if there will be another update to the wait list, or only in the event that someone committed changes their mind down the road?

18 minutes ago, Zeen321 said:

I received the same email from whitewater about an hour ago :( quite bummed, since this is my top pick, but trying to keep my head up. Do either of you know if the class has been filled at this point with those who were initially offered acceptance, or have additional invitations been sent out to some who were on the wait list, and they've been given time to decide? I'm just curious if there will be another update to the wait list, or only in the event that someone committed changes their mind down the road?

I believe one or two girls from our cohort were waitlisted and got in, but I'm not really sure. We don't all talk too much because it's kind of a touchy topic for people who don't get in and such, but I'm pretty sure they were waitlisted. Most people I know who got in took the offer right away though. They may also change their minds if they get off of other waitlists, so I'm sure the waitlist will be changing!

Edited by koalalover1

@Zeen321 @koalalover1 @SLPWKMF

Hey guys, I was accepted at UWW this year and wait listed there last year. How it progressed for me last year was my initial waitlist notification on 3/18, followed by emails on 4/24, 5/27, and 6/26 asking me to confirm or deny my continued place on the waitlist. So at least last year it seemed like there was continual movement. As far as this year goes, all I know is that we have yet to be given a date/time for orientation, which leaves me to believe that everything may not be set in stone. We only have a few people in the fb group, but no one has mentioned being accepted from the waitlist so far. Don't know if that helps, but I'm really wishing you all the best of luck; I know how draining this can be.

Edited by cosmicmorgan

8 minutes ago, cosmicmorgan said:

Hey guys, I was accepted at UWW this year and wait listed there last year. How it progressed for me last year was my initial waitlist notification on 3/18, followed by emails on 4/24, 5/27, and 6/26 asking me to confirm or deny my continued place on the waitlist. So at least last year it seemed like there was continual movement. As far as this year goes, all I know is that we have yet to be given a date/time for orientation, which leaves me to believe that everything may not be set in stone. We only have a few people in the fb group, but no one has mentioned being accepted from the waitlist so far. Don't know if that helps, but I'm really wishing you all the best of luck; I know how draining this can be.

UWW has been the only school to keep in pretty good contact, and for that I am thankful because it takes my stress down by a bit. But seriously I appreciate your input and really happy you got in this cycle! Congrats :)

I am on five waitlists! It stinks...the waiting. I did however receive an email from one of the schools asking if I was still interested and when I replied yes it seemed as if I would be taken off the list as long as there was a spot...at least I'm hoping I read into that correctly! How long do they usually give you to make a decision once you are taken off a waitlist??

2 hours ago, Hoosier27 said:

I am on five waitlists! It stinks...the waiting. I did however receive an email from one of the schools asking if I was still interested and when I replied yes it seemed as if I would be taken off the list as long as there was a spot...at least I'm hoping I read into that correctly! How long do they usually give you to make a decision once you are taken off a waitlist??

They don't give you a terribly long time after April 15th typically because they want to keep the waitlist moving. The waitlist offers I got last year all gave me two business days to reply. I remember that my friend's waitlist offers last year were roughly the same, or in the 2-4 day range.

It's April 15th, so I hope you all hear some good news today! I remember I got an email on the 15th last year taking me off a waitlist, and my friend who had only gotten waitlists got two offers on the 15th! I hope for the best for anyone still waiting!

42 minutes ago, ENFPslp said:

Do the schools usually send out an email letting us know if the waitlist closes? Like a definitely rejection email? Haha 

It varies. I applied to uconn and got waitlisted one year and then recieved a rejection. I also applied to Bloomsburg one year and was waitlisted and never heard from them again. 

1 hour ago, Alyspeechie said:

So when I wrote to one the schools I'm waitlisted at they told me, " Your GRE scores are below average. You are however under consideration". Can anyone decode the meaning behind this?:wacko:

I think it's thier way of saying, "you have bad GRE scores but we may take you in if enough people don't accept our program invitation ."

49 minutes ago, wannabeSLPnc said:

I feel kind of surprised I've heard so little about waitlist changes so far. I know it fell on a Friday, but I was expecting to hear more at this point.

I think a lot of decisions will be made this week and the weeks to follow.  Everyone most likely had until the end of the business day on Friday to hand in their deposit, so today they will officially know how many people they will be able to offer a spot to.  Don't lose hope.  We'll be hearing back soon!

On April 14, 2016 at 0:28 PM, cosmicmorgan said:

Thank you so much for your insight! It definitely helps and gives me some hope. Congrats on your acceptance! :) 

1 hour ago, mandypo333 said:

Has anyone gotten off a waitlist anywhere today? Holding out hope!

Nothing yet, it was nice to not think about my inbox yesterday but I am already back to inbox-stalking every ~15 minutes. Stay hopeful! :)

I was waitlisted at University of Cincinnati and Eastern Kentucky University and I found out on April 12th that I was accepted to EKU and had to decline or accept before the 15th! Extremely short notice! I still haven't heard anything back from UC.