This is me being incredibly lazy and not wanting to read through 27 pages haha.

Anyone hear back from University of Connecticut yet? They are my last school I am waiting to hear back from and the antici.........

.........pation is killing me! xD

7 hours ago, MinaminoTeku said:

Anyone hear back from University of Connecticut yet? They are my last school I am waiting to hear back from and the antici.........

Someone on here was admitted, if you look a couple of threads down on the Comm forum, there's an decision date thread, that will show you when they were notified. You can also check the results database, that has more posts than this thread

Edited by DBear

19 hours ago, MinaminoTeku said:

Yes, I was admitted and accepted their offer.

On 3/13/2017 at 0:26 PM, av2010 said:

Yes, I was admitted and accepted their offer.

Thanks, mate. So weird that I heard nothing... Maybe that is the unofficial "you got rejected" notification. Which would be strange for any school to do.

I sent an email asking what's the status.

On 3/14/2017 at 7:47 PM, MinaminoTeku said:

Thanks, mate. So weird that I heard nothing... Maybe that is the unofficial "you got rejected" notification. Which would be strange for any school to do.

I sent an email asking what's the status.

Did you hear anything?

4 hours ago, av2010 said:

Did you hear anything?

Negative. I emailed and still nothing. I will try calling tomorrow. I just need to get them at a time where they are open because I am all the way on the west coast.

12 hours ago, MinaminoTeku said:

Negative. I emailed and still nothing. I will try calling tomorrow. I just need to get them at a time where they are open because I am all the way on the west coast.

Are you emailing Amanda Denes?  She is usually pretty quick.

Still waiting on Maryland.  Judging by the results page, I think some other people are as well.  Frustrating that they are taking this long but at least I'm still not rejected.

On 2017. 3. 22. at 5:48 AM, MinaminoTeku said:

Update on UConn: GRE scores were too low (very strict on that sort of thing) so the rest of my application was not considered. Ahh well, it's all good.

Ah, sorry about that - but at least you know what their process is like, and it will maybe save someone else some time come next application process. Are you still waiting on other schools?

@michellelaura92 woot! what school are you visiting?? Are you weighing multiple choices? I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy to be done waiting and weighing and it felt like a huge weight off my shoulders once I gave my final yes to the school I'll be attending this fall. Good luck!

Hello All,

I've applied to North Dakota State University's PhD program in IME department. I've been informed by POI that I am currently on the waiting list and they are still reviewing applications.

Has anyone received anything yet?
Is there any particular date for universities to send final decisions to applicants by?

Thank you.

11 hours ago, DBear said:

Ah, sorry about that - but at least you know what their process is like, and it will maybe save someone else some time come next application process. Are you still waiting on other schools?

@michellelaura92 woot! what school are you visiting?? Are you weighing multiple choices? I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy to be done waiting and weighing and it felt like a huge weight off my shoulders once I gave my final yes to the school I'll be attending this fall. Good luck!

Yeah, although it is a tad annoying that I didn't even get that email saying that it wasn't going to be considered.

Nope! That was my last school. Now I have a decision to make between my two schools... Still don't know which one to choose ^^;

38 minutes ago, MinaminoTeku said:

Yeah, although it is a tad annoying that I didn't even get that email saying that it wasn't going to be considered.

Nope! That was my last school. Now I have a decision to make between my two schools... Still don't know which one to choose ^^;

Ooh!! Choosing really isn't as fun as I thought it would be... Did you get a chance to visit the schools? Can I ask which two you're choosing between?

12 minutes ago, DBear said:

Ooh!! Choosing really isn't as fun as I thought it would be... Did you get a chance to visit the schools? Can I ask which two you're choosing between?

Haha yeah it's the absolute worst! So many factors to consider!

I visited one of them but not the other. It's a bit far for me to take a weekend trip there just because. I am choosing between ASU and Wisconsin-Milwaukee. What about you?

On 3/24/2017 at 2:49 AM, DBear said:

I was at Indiana University for their rhetoric program, which recently migrated to English instead of Comm. But I have mono and thought I could tough it out for the visit. I made it through most of the day but had to call it quits because I felt like I was going to die. 

I'm committing and declaring this week, but I think the hardest part is telling the professors who have reached out to me that I won't be going to their programs. The Comm world is so small and you don't want to burn any bridges, right? I'm such a people-pleaser and I don't want to disappoint anyone. Anyone else feeling this?

2 hours ago, michellelaura92 said:

I was at Indiana University for their rhetoric program, which recently migrated to English instead of Comm. But I have mono and thought I could tough it out for the visit. I made it through most of the day but had to call it quits because I felt like I was going to die. 

I'm committing and declaring this week, but I think the hardest part is telling the professors who have reached out to me that I won't be going to their programs. The Comm world is so small and you don't want to burn any bridges, right? I'm such a people-pleaser and I don't want to disappoint anyone. Anyone else feeling this?

I know what you mean but at the same time, they get it. From what I've been told, they aren't looking for just people to fill spots. They want people who genuinely want to be there because it will make their program flourish with the minds of people who are passionate about the program.

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 2:28 PM, MinaminoTeku said:

Now I have a decision to make between my two schools... Still don't know which one to choose ^^;

I was in the same situation, although I was leaning towards my 1st choice from day one. After the visits I was 100% sure that it's the right choice. My advice is - visit both schools and listen to your gut. Good luck!

On 2017. 3. 27. at 0:11 PM, michellelaura92 said:

Oh - sending out those "no, I don't want to go there" letters was the WORST - I know that this is all part and parcel of the process for schools, but some of the professors I was turning down had been super helpful throughout the entire process and I'd been in touch with them since October. I pain-stakingly wrote the emails and tried my best to show that I was still interested in their research.. I hate saying no to people, I know what you mean - so I really wished I could have someone else tell the schools, like when you use your best friend to break up with someone in middle school lol 

Good luck - it'll be okay!! and you'll make the school you commit to very happy! Happy to see another future rhetorician!

On 3/25/2017 at 9:44 AM, heyDW said:

Howdy folks, just popping in to say I officially committed to UMN yesterday. I'm super STOKED. Wahoo!

That's wonderful! Is that where your husband will go too? I met him at the Iowa visit but I didn't get a chance to say hi to you!

1 hour ago, michellelaura92 said:

That's wonderful! Is that where your husband will go too? I met him at the Iowa visit but I didn't get a chance to say hi to you!

Ooh!! Proof that it is a small world! Is that where you think you'll end up?