Hello everyone, 

I am new to this forum and very excited to see so many comm people out here! My research interest is health comm. I am graduating from a Chinese university this June and will go the the States this August. It's a dream come true. :lol:

I just accepted my only offer from Penn State's (CAS) MA program this week and will be visiting there 3/15-3/18. Anyone going too? 

@Y.Li congratulations on Penn! There's a thread on the forum for admissions results and campus visits - I don't recall seeing anyone else mention Penn State yet, but you should have a look!

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 2:13 PM, MrCovington1914 said:

I applied for Communication program for at Utah. They said their decisions go out the end of Feb and the beginning of March. 

Yeah, I saw that on their website too, but I was confused by the people who posted acceptances on Feb. 3.

The application thread seems to be very quiet.. 

Is everyone alive?? Surviving?? I hope everyone is breathing!

Tomorrow is Tuesday the 21st of Feb, which leaves us with 6 working days left in the month, though there seemed to be quite a few results posted over the weekend. Either way, for those programs that are keeping us waiting with silence or putting us on a wait list - we're at least one day closer to hearing something.

Seems like visits are taking place soon, too - so if you have any fun stories, please share (there's a thread for visits somewhere here) - 

Good luck with the last full week in Feb!

De-lurking to shed some light on Utah (because this process is stressful enough, right?). I was one of the two people posting acceptances on the results page in early February. I know that I was nominated for a fellowship with an early February deadline, so I'm wondering if they make decisions in stages? I was told that there will be two visitation weekends for admitted students: One in February, and one in late March. I'm not sure how much light that sheds on things, but hope it's helpful!

Now if only I knew what was going on with the University of Washington...

4 hours ago, av2010 said:

I'm just amazed at how fast everyone, myself included, found out about everything.  I was honestly expecting March!

It has been strange for me because everything seemed to happen pretty quickly and routinely (one notification a week or so) and then ... U Mass Amherst..... still haven't heard anything at all back from them... Just one.. last.. school!!

@heyDW Isn't it strange how getting into a school you're excited about doesn't make you forget about everything else? I honestly thought it would. I guess that I'm doomed to be anxious through this process til the very end!

Edited by DBear
typo oops

3 hours ago, Pelicula said:

De-lurking to shed some light on Utah (because this process is stressful enough, right?). I was one of the two people posting acceptances on the results page in early February. I know that I was nominated for a fellowship with an early February deadline, so I'm wondering if they make decisions in stages? I was told that there will be two visitation weekends for admitted students: One in February, and one in late March. I'm not sure how much light that sheds on things, but hope it's helpful!

Now if only I knew what was going on with the University of Washington...

Welcome from out of the shadows :) Well.. at least you didn't get a rejection from UW yet, they have sent some of those out... 

Judging from your info on Utah though, it seems there's still lots of hope for those waiting... !!

27 minutes ago, DBear said:

It has been strange for me because everything seemed to happen pretty quickly and routinely (one notification a week or so) and then ... U Mass Amherst..... still haven't heard anything at all back from them... Just one.. last.. school!!

@heyDW Isn't it strange how getting into a school you're excited about doesn't make you forget about everything else? I honestly thought it would. I guess that I'm doomed to be anxious through this process til the very end!

One more for me too. But I don't care much, since I will turn down the offer anyway. Although it is strange that I didn't hear from them yet.

Rejected by U Washington via email today. This one really stings because I was such a good fit for UW and it had been my top choice school for years. If you're a UW applicant who still hasn't heard anything, then you have probably been accepted or waitlisted.

it's okay. they sent out another email yesterday stating that I was in the final round of 37 people. A pretty sincere and encouraging email. So I'm not that sad. Still waiting for more schools. @DBear 

Edited by chichilai