Welcome to the GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

• Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)

157 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Taylomac said:

Hey Guys, 

Has anyone heard anything about awards or funding yet? I feel like I saw someone mention that they said at the meet and greet that they would be announcing those decisions this week but I could be making that up...

Hi @Taylomac I'm waiting too, let me know if you hear anything!  (also, they did say "next week" which would be this week, but with the number of applications it could be changed to closer to the end of the month I would guess :) ) 

Edited by francescak

Are there any scholarships/awards that international students can apply to, at this moment?

On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 9:06 AM, Legacy23 said:

Does anyone know if 2 concentrations (ISD and KMIM) would be too hard to squeeze in along with co-op? Or is it do-able?

It's totally doable, I was considering doing this myself. Only thing is you have to plan for your courses carefully because you won't have many spare credits. 

Hey for anyone asking about funding, I heard from a friend who emailed the department that first offers for funding went out last week. Any chance of second offers depends on whether or not someone rejects an offer from the school at this point. 

@frannyt Do you know if they sent them out by mail or email? I dont know about anyone else, but I didnt really get an 'official' email when I got accepted, so I was just wondering if they are also sending it out via mail.

6 hours ago, Taylorski said:

@frannyt Do you know if they sent them out by mail or email? I dont know about anyone else, but I didnt really get an 'official' email when I got accepted, so I was just wondering if they are also sending it out via mail.

I'm not really sure. I assume they would have done it by email. You can always message Andrea. She gave my friend a lot of information about it.