All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Hi, I applied to NYU as well, was wondering whether you had the group interview? How was it? Thank you!
  3. Today
  4. Yesterday
  5. Just got an offer letter from WLU 2 year, fall term
  6. If you check the Support our Science twitter page, a Member of Parliament has confirmed the increase will apply to people who receive the award this year, so definitely accept the award. Caveat of course is that this is politics and all of these budget promises could be undone when we inevitably get a conservative government who is campaigning on reducing spending elected next year...
  7. Heyy could you add me please?? jess91
  8. I think they meant if PGS-D holders starting this year were locked into the 21k/year instead of being bumped up following the new funding increase. Which I doubt would happen. I agree that accepting your PGS-D this year is absolutely the way to go.
  9. Why on earth would you do that? Both awards are going up to $40,000 per annum, assuming the budget passes. There is no reason to turn down a PGS-D and wait.
  10. Not what I wanted to hear but thanks for the info.
  11. My thoughts exactly. I accepted the PGS-D as it is a gamble to decline in hopes of winning next year though. I hope they do update the PGS-D amount once the new funding comes into effect. I would hope they would, because if they didn’t that would mean that new CGS-M holders would be making more than us…
  12. FRQSC gets out on tuesday all at the same time, I believe at 9am.
  13. It came directly from SSHRC. It wasn't automated, I had emailed them directly to ask about the timeline. So I wouldn't expect an email from them today.
  14. Did the email come from SSHRC or your institution? I haven't received an email yet!
  15. I tried to post an email update I received but it got held back by moderation. Sorry if it ends up double posting! It's not the update we were hoping for. :// They said "The results of the doctoral awards competition will be sent electronically via the SSHRC extranet next week." So we should all try to turn off our brains this weekend. We're not getting anything till Monday at the earliest.
  16. Thank you both!! I just got a reply this morning (~20 hours to respond), you guys are right they're probably prioritizing the May 1st start date!
  17. Oooh interesting, I know McGill revamped the program in the past couple of years, were they in the program recently or a few years ago?
  18. Anyone here also apply for FRQSC? Heard anything?
  19. In theory it would be that simple, though with sshrc I doubt it ever is
  20. The thing is though, don’t they have rankings / scores for everyone? So it would have been just a matter of moving the cut off point.. ugh
  21. I'm alternating between refreshing email and refreshing this thread... 😅
  22. Interesting. Maybe I will email again today and see what response I get.
  23. Really? I called again yesterday. The lady I spoke to said she would think soon since registration for fall closes soon. I’m not sure if there are two rounds of admissions or only one.
  24. I still have no documents in my extranet from last year
  25. Ok, so I just received my final rejection from my last school! This means it is finally over for me this season, and I am so glad this process is officially done. I just wanted to say thank you to all the people in this community. Connecting with other playwrights and going through this with others, even if it was only virtually, has really made this year more tolerable. We're all playwrights, and we did the damn thing regardless of the results and I'm so proud of each and every one of us. I thank you for being so generous and kind here. And to the future MFA applicants, YOU'VE GOT THIS. If you ever want to connect about the process or have questions about the Iowa Playwrights Workshop, feel free to reach out. Wishing yall the best. I can't wait to see the amazing work you all make! 3a/6r/0p
  26. Who knows, but here's hoping! I mean, given that there are still two working days in April next week, if the increase in the number of awards somehow applied to this cycle causing a last-minute scramble to re-visit results, and that people didn't hear until well enough into May two years ago.... We might all have to do our best to forget about it over the weekend.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use