Future Audiology Class of 2022

KGross12

26 minutes ago, FutureAuD8 said:

Sorry these are older posts, but I was just wondering how you all dressed for your open houses. Business casual or nice jeans and a sweater? I'd prefer not to end up over dressed, but I do NOT want to be the only one in jeans. 

I feel I was the most overdressed :P. I wore a blazer, black slacks, heels...haha. Most people I saw wore business casual, and everyone looked well put together and awesome! I don't recall seeing anyone in jeans...could be wrong! I will say that at least two faculty I met with personally actually mentioned that my appearance "showed I was ready" for the professionalism and maturity that the profession called for...but I'm a nontrad student (university lecturer) who's doing a career change, so it's pretty standard for me at this point! 

On 3/14/2018 at 11:30 PM, AuDtobe said:

I'll be at Northwestern's this coming Monday! Are you from the Chicago area? I'm trying to compile a list of places to go when I'm there :D 

Sorry! Just saw this! :D No, I'm not from Chicago...just chose a lot of Illinois schools for program caliber and to be close to family! Hope you had a good visit! We probably were next to each other at some point and didn't even realize it!

1 hour ago, FutureAuD8 said:

Sorry these are older posts, but I was just wondering how you all dressed for your open houses. Business casual or nice jeans and a sweater? I'd prefer not to end up over dressed, but I do NOT want to be the only one in jeans. 

Both of the visits I've taken had everyone in preppy casual to business casual. No one in jeans. I tried to not stick out as over or underdressed by wearing nice slacks, blouse and shoes with a denim jacket, but ended up feeling a little underdressed. I'm going to trade it out for a blazer next time. 

I'm from Canada so i don't really know much about certain universities in the states. Can someone tell me how reputable Nova Southeastern University is? Is it seen as an easy school? is it usually people's safety net? Just any information will be helpful. Thanks!

I confirmed my acceptance to Ohio State! The sense of relief in having made a final decision is incredible. I don't think there are many of us here, but does anyone know if there's a FB page yet? I can start it if necessary (just have to figure out how...).

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:23 PM, FutureAuD8 said:

For those of you accepted to multiple programs what are you using for your decision making progress? Definitely struggling with picking which program I want to attend (they all have pros and cons). Feel free to message me if you have strategies you're using/used if you've already made a decision.

I was accepted into 3 programs and I'm having a difficult time deciding. one suggestion would be instead of doing pros and cons make a list of things that you want out of your program and see how the schools chalk up. I was also asking around about what schools give moderate funding.

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:58 PM, AuD&ChaiTea said:

Okay so I finally got an email from OSU and I am waitlisted! So officially waitlisted at all of my schools. Which it's not a no! So that's good. Now I just have to wait until April! Ugh just more waiting.... 

GOODLUCK!!! you got this :)

On 3/23/2018 at 10:34 PM, AUD2b said:

I'm from Canada so i don't really know much about certain universities in the states. Can someone tell me how reputable Nova Southeastern University is? Is it seen as an easy school? is it usually people's safety net? Just any information will be helpful. Thanks!

https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-health-schools/audiology-rankings

I hope this helps!

Finally heard back from all of my schools but now I have to make a decision and I am having the most difficult time!

• Bloomsburg's accreditation is currently on probation for their on time graduation rates. Does anyone know how this would affect a student if Iwent there? This is my cheapest option so I would like to keep it in the running.
  • Anyone else accepted to the Long Island consortium, Bloom, or Salus? I was informed that Salus does not have GA positions but they do have student workers but this was more of a negative for me because it would not be enough support.
  • Has anyone thought about working while in grad school? debating options for that as well!

:DAccepted:  Bloomsburg  | St. John's, Hofstra, Adelphi Consortium| Salus 

:mellow: Waitlisted: Montclair

:(Rejected: none 

Withdrawn: UW 

1 hour ago, futureAuD22 said:

Finally heard back from all of my schools but now I have to make a decision and I am having the most difficult time!

• Bloomsburg's accreditation is currently on probation for their on time graduation rates. Does anyone know how this would affect a student if Iwent there? This is my cheapest option so I would like to keep it in the running.
  • Anyone else accepted to the Long Island consortium, Bloom, or Salus? I was informed that Salus does not have GA positions but they do have student workers but this was more of a negative for me because it would not be enough support.
  • Has anyone thought about working while in grad school? debating options for that as well!

I just sent my application Salus University!! The school sounds so impressive because they accept more people than the usual class size of like 10-15 people. But I know Salus does rolling admissions. What were your stats? Do you know if Salus is less competitive than other programs?

I saw the campus and really loved it! They have a lot of booths just for students to practice in! And the set up is nice. Gpa: 3.6 GRE: verbal 150, quantitative 146, writing 3.5 ! I don’t think they are super competitive because of the 32 person cohort and lower ranking. But I heard good things about their program. When i had my interview i learned they don’t go too deeply into CIs which is something I’m really interested in. Goodluck and I’m sure you’ll get accepted! 

4 hours ago, futureAuD22 said:

I also got into Bloomsburg and Salus. The tuition for Salus is what is keeping me from choosing it. Bloomsburg is much more manageable for me financially, but you're right, the accreditation being on probation is worrying me. Do you know when Bloomsburg will be reviewed again? 

9 hours ago, futureAuD22 said:

I saw the campus and really loved it! They have a lot of booths just for students to practice in! And the set up is nice. Gpa: 3.6 GRE: verbal 150, quantitative 146, writing 3.5 ! I don’t think they are super competitive because of the 32 person cohort and lower ranking. But I heard good things about their program. When i had my interview i learned they don’t go too deeply into CIs which is something I’m really interested in. Goodluck and I’m sure you’ll get accepted! 

Aw thanks! I hope I get accepted there too!! What are CIs? Do you think you will go to Salus? I also just sent my application to Samford University’s new audiology program but I probably won’t hear from them till July of 2018

3 hours ago, KGross12 said:

Aw thanks! I hope I get accepted there too!! What are CIs? Do you think you will go to Salus? I also just sent my application to Samford University’s new audiology program but I probably won’t hear from them till July of 2018

CIs are cochlear implants. Sorry, totally didn't mean to just insert myself into the conversation but good luck with admissions! You'll totally get in to your programs :)

10 hours ago, KGross12 said:

I’m not too sure where i’ll end up but Salus is 3rd for me so far! 

19 hours ago, SLindo1993 said:

I also got into Bloomsburg and Salus. The tuition for Salus is what is keeping me from choosing it. Bloomsburg is much more manageable for me financially, but you're right, the accreditation being on probation is worrying me. Do you know when Bloomsburg will be reviewed again? 

I was just nervous because the probation was extended but the next review is in 2019

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DanielleBishop said:

Anyone else attending the University of Illinois and has there been a Facebook group created yet? Not quite sure how to go about searching for the group. Thanks! 

UIUC? I haven't officially accepted my offer there yet, but that's where I'm going!

21 hours ago, KGross12 said:

Is there anyone that is like me that is still waiting because they have been waitlisted or rejected from a lot of programs? 

Me!! I'm right there with you, I got waitlisted at all three of my schools. So you're not alone!! Let me know if you get accepted anywhere :)

41 minutes ago, AuD&ChaiTea said:

Me!! I'm right there with you, I got waitlisted at all three of my schools. So you're not alone!! Let me know if you get accepted anywhere :)

Waitlisted at UNT and USA, accepted to LSU and Syracuse. Trying to make some decisions!!

AHHH April 15th is only 8 days away and I still haven't made a definitive decision. One second I think I choose Ohio State, but then I look at the new facilities other programs offer and second guess my decision. Does anyone have any experience/opinions with older facilities versus newer ones?