Future Audiology Class of 2022

KGross12

Hi I have sent all of my applications in and I am very nervous to hear back from each of my schools.  i have applied to UC, OU, UNC-Chapel Hill, East Carolina University, university of south florida, university of florida, and nova southeastern university.  I have very low gre scores.  I am just praying that I get accepted to at least one program or two.

Hey there @KGross12!

Same! I am getting so nervous and every time I get an email alert my heart stops for a second. I applied to University at Buffalo, CUNY Graduate Center, West Virginia , Western Washington, University of Washington (Seattle) and Nova Southeastern as well! Nova by far makes me more nervous than the rest since they do a rolling admission and we could get that wonderful interview email invite any day now. What is your top choice? Wishing you the best of luck!

Thanks @KGross12 for starting this thread! Are you planning to attend the Open House at UF? 

I applied to Washington University in St. Louis, Vanderbilt, Northwestern University, Ohio State University, University of Iowa, University of Florida, and Auburn. I heard from University of Iowa yesterday about an Interview Day on February 23rd. As I cannot attend, I will be interviewing via Skype or FaceTime on February 22nd. (Anyone else get this email?)

Most schools seem to look at the whole application, rather than focusing on certain application aspects over others. I wouldn't worry about your GRE scores holding you back, as long as other parts of your application are strong. Best of luck everyone!! 

@YoungAUD my top choice is USF or UNC Chapel Hill, but I did get an interview at Nova Southeastern University!! Maybe we will end up at Nova Southeastern University together!! My name is Katie Gross!

@tm2018 I don’t think I am going to the visit day at UF!!  My name is Katie Gross!!

I am applying this year and have been so nervous because of my academic history. I took two years between undergrad and applying to graduate school for various personal reasons but finally I'm going back to school. When I was in undergrad, I got good grades, but I didn't really do anything extracurricular at all. I applied to Ohio State (my alma mater), U of Cincinnati, NOAC, Northwestern, and Rush. So far I have been accepted to Ohio State (and nominated for a fellowship!) but haven't heard back from anyone else. Ohio State was my first choice so I'm super pumped and will probably go there regardless of funding. I had been refreshing the portal every day over and over until it finally changed.

Good luck to you! 

@AB121212 thanks! I have applied to UC as well! I went to one of their information sessions not too long ago. Congrats on getting accepted to OSU!! I haven’t heard back from anyone but I have an grad school interview with Nova Southeastern University!!

I also applied to West Virginia and am so nervous!

Am I the only one who obsessed, went through last years acceptance/rejection results and made a calendar of around what time we should be hearing back from the schools? My first choice did theirs 2 weeks from today last year so I'm getting SO NERVOUS. 

On 1/25/2018 at 12:13 PM, YoungAUD said:

I also applied to West Virginia and am so nervous!

Am I the only one who obsessed, went through last years acceptance/rejection results and made a calendar of around what time we should be hearing back from the schools? My first choice did theirs 2 weeks from today last year so I'm getting SO NERVOUS. 

I haven't made a calendar, but I have checked that same thing many times! I hate the waiting!

@AudieB it was interesting but the tour wasn’t that interesting! I didn’t really get to see the audiology part of the speech and hearing clinic at UC but overall I liked it! Well maybe we will end up their together! We will see!! I am from Cincinnati anyway!!

17 hours ago, AudieB said:

Hey guys! I applied to Cincinnati, NOAC, Rush, NIU, and Northwestern. The only email I received was from Northwestern saying they’ll send out their decisions on Feb. 23rd! Anxiously waiting ?

@AudieB Wow, so many of our schools overlap! (Just switch out NIU for OSU.) Maybe we'll be classmates! Good luck! If it's any consolation that's all I've heard from any of those schools either. Hopefully we'll hear about the Rush supplemental app soon....

Edited by AB121212

Hey guys! I applied to Wayne State (Detroit MI), Ohio State, University of Tennessee Knoxville, East Tennessee State University, University of Memphis, Missouri State, and Indiana University. 

So far, I have heard back from Ohio State and received early acceptance and was nominated for a fellowship! I'm anxiously awaiting hearing back from other schools. Everyone in my classes applied for their Masters in speech-language pathology so I am the only one in the audiology boat that I know!

Hey! So excited to get to go through this process with all of you, it makes the waiting a little less stressful. I saw a lot of you have applied to Nova Southeastern and I was wondering if any of you could find out how they allocate student funding and scholarship. I know some schools offer some kind of full tuition scholarship to one student a year and half to another or something similar. I couldn't find any of this out by researching or calling but I thought maybe some of you would have had better luck? Thank you!!

Hi guys! I applied to Pacific University, University of Washington, University of the Pacific, Arizona State University, and San Diego State! I'm trying to stay on the West Coast as you can tell by my choices of schools. I got an interview for Pacific University, which is one of the schools I really want to go to because of the accelerated program, but I'm so nervous!