Columbia Social Work Program Fall 2018

lanabeni

16 minutes ago, lost686girl said:

I am praying for everyone’s sanity on here that the rest of us get our decisions tonight. If I don’t hear I’m not sure I can make it through the weekend without dissolving into a gooey sludge 

I feel you! When they responded to my inquiry they said they were finalizing the last group of priority applicants. Which doesn't make me feel good because I had my application in way before some of the other people who have already been accepted...

13 minutes ago, Sunset95 said:

I feel you! When they responded to my inquiry they said they were finalizing the last group of priority applicants. Which doesn't make me feel good because I had my application in way before some of the other people who have already been accepted...

When did you received the “application complete” email 

6 minutes ago, Sunset95 said:

November 27!

Then I have no clue how they are going out sending decisions! Maybe it’s all random ? either way I’m sure you’ll find out the good news soon :) 

5 minutes ago, lost686girl said:

Then I have no clue how they are going out sending decisions! Maybe it’s all random ? either way I’m sure you’ll find out the good news soon :) 

Hopefully! Fingers crossed! Although my confidence definitely took a hit when I found out I was in the last batch of applicants?

20 hours ago, lanabeni said:

To be fair, looking at your sig, you've heard back from every school minus Columbia right?

It looks like most people have too. Will be interesting to see when/how it happens :)

Yup! I decided Columbia wasn't worth waiting for anymore since I was never COLUMBIA OR DIE anyway. I do want to know if I got in though and what could've been lol. When I spoke to the rep from UW, they said they sent out decisions early like most other schools to stay competitive with other schools. Columbia is a big enough name that most people would drag out making a decision until they've heard from them. But in my case, and @TooExcited&Nervous's, they've lost us as students

Edited by stheart

17 minutes ago, lost686girl said:

I really think the "Application Complete" email just means they clicked on your application. It doesn't mean they started reading it, just that they opened it.

@MoonWalker I mean, I could still attend. I'm the queen of last minute decision changes. I'm going to NYC in two weeks and visiting Columbia's campus. As people in this thread have said, it's as easy as calling and saying I won't be going after all and they keep my money.

Edited by stheart

3 hours ago, Sunset95 said:

Hopefully! Fingers crossed! Although my confidence definitely took a hit when I found out I was in the last batch of applicants?

I also submitted my application on November 27th and haven’t heard. I think most if not all of us who submitted Nov 27th - Dec 1st haven’t heard! 

21 minutes ago, lost686girl said:

Anyone receive an email tonight? 

Not here.

I was looking at the email I got for "Your application is complete!" and it does say that Fall would be released in March lol

I also applied December 1st and got my "Your application is complete!" on December 6th.

39 minutes ago, JonoDuncan said:

I also submitted my application on November 27th and haven’t heard. I think most if not all of us who submitted Nov 27th - Dec 1st haven’t heard! 

I submitted on November 11th and got the confirmation on November 27th! And I saw some people who submitted right at the deadline who heard back already so who knows at this point?

14 minutes ago, Sunset95 said:

I submitted on November 11th and got the confirmation on November 27th! And I saw some people who submitted right at the deadline who heard back already so who knows at this point?

Every time I think I'm starting to understand how they do things, I realize I have no idea! haha. 

Are you advanced standing? 

18 minutes ago, JonoDuncan said:

Every time I think I'm starting to understand how they do things, I realize I have no idea! haha. 

Are you advanced standing? 

That's how I feel!! I'm trying to stop figuring it out but I can't help myself! Lol

I'm just regular 2 year residential. I thought maybe they were doing advanced standing first but then I've seen people from all tracks so I'm not sure how they decided to group us.

On 3/2/2018 at 4:00 PM, lost686girl said:

no matter if you receive an acceptance on Monday or won’t hear anything for many moons, we are all worthy candidates and deserve to have a nice weekend! I’m poppin off this forum for now ? lol 

Was Monday just the next day, or are we expecting something possibly Monday?

13 hours ago, lost686girl said:

@lanabeni I am just assuming we will hear back next week, hopefully on Monday since they began to release decisions this last Thursday 

Where did you hear they are releasing decisions last Thursday? It seems to still be some people here and there that get it and no real full release yet...

Hello folks,

I've definitely been feeling the anxiety of waiting to hear back from Columbia so I created an account to let you all know that I received my acceptance about 15 minutes ago (2:50 PM PST). 

I didn't apply before the priority deadline so I'm thrilled to be hearing back so soon. Hopefully you all hear back soon as well.