Columbia Social Work Program Fall 2018

lanabeni

22 hours ago, Dualdegree2018 said:

I feel as though they’re working through priority applicants in the order they applied? I applied November 22, hoping I don’t have to wait too much longer and that y’all don’t have to wait long either! ??

That is what it seems like to me. Their final deadline was 2/15, so they have to get through a lot of people. I think priority just get their decision asap yay or nay right?

17 minutes ago, TooExcited&Nervous said:

They just emailed me asking for an updated transcript with my Fall grades and spring enrollment. I am probably borderline lol. Luckily I had a 3.9 last semester.

I wonder if I'll get a similar email since I graduated in the fall. I want to email them and ask, but maybe I should just let it be for now.

Edited by lanabeni

I applied Feb 2, and just now received the email from Columbia stating they have received all required materials for my application and the "application is now complete and will enter the admission review process."

Did any of you receive this email AND get your admissions decision? I'm wondering what the time frame might be between this email and hearing if I'm accepted or not.

Edited by justsomename12
grammar was weird

4 minutes ago, justsomename12 said:

I applied Feb 2, and just now received the email from Columbia stating they have received all required materials for my application to our and that the "application is now complete and will enter the admission review process."

Did any of you receive this email AND get your admissions decision? I'm wondering what the time frame might be between this email and hearing if I'm accepted or not.

Nah. I think you're overthinking it. I got that email when I submitted my application on 2/14.

11 hours ago, justsomename12 said:

I applied Feb 2, and just now received the email from Columbia stating they have received all required materials for my application and the "application is now complete and will enter the admission review process."

I received this email last week and have yet to hear back from them. Getting a little annoyed at this point. 

11 hours ago, justsomename12 said:

I never even received that email!! I applied 11/30 and also never received the email about scholarship opportunities. Hope something isn’t wrong...This is a huge test of patience that’s for sure! 

1 hour ago, Kathryn1994 said:

I received this email last week and have yet to hear back from them. Getting a little annoyed at this point. 

Argh. Thanks for the info!! When did you submit the application? I’ll keep an eye out for when you’re accepted then and cross my fingers it’s soon!

Edited by Justsomename

1 hour ago, abswk said:

I never even received that email!! I applied 11/30 and also never received the email about scholarship opportunities. Hope something isn’t wrong...This is a huge test of patience that’s for sure! 

Oh no how frustrating. Seems like they don’t have a very streamlined process. What’s your concentration? I got a scholarship email (Kline) but they said that was specific for Policy and SEA? Maybe that’s why?

Edited by Justsomename

49 minutes ago, Justsomename said:

Oh no how frustrating. Seems like they don’t have a very streamlined process. What’s your concentration? I got a scholarship email (Kline) but they said that was specific for Policy and SEA? Maybe that’s why?

Thank you, yes thats a good point... i double checked and i did receive an email about the Honjo scholarship... but not he Kline. I applied for advanced standing 1 year msw, clinical practice/contemporary issues as my focus. what about you?

1 hour ago, abswk said:

Thank you, yes thats a good point... i double checked and i did receive an email about the Honjo scholarship... but not he Kline. I applied for advanced standing 1 year msw, clinical practice/contemporary issues as my focus. what about you?

I also applied for advanced standing but SEA as my focus, and policy as my minor. 

3 hours ago, Justsomename said:

Argh. Thanks for the info!! When did you submit the application? I’ll keep an eye out for when you’re accepted then and cross my fingers it’s soon!

I sent in my application on January 17th. I emailed them today asking them when I should hear back and they said within the next 2 weeks...seems a little long 

18 hours ago, justsomename12 said:

I submitted my application on Dec 1 and got that email on Jan 26.... 

4 minutes ago, abswk said:

you received an acceptance email on 1/26?

No, I received the "application is now complete and will enter the admission review process."  email on 1/26.

Anyone hear anything?! I've been silently stalking this thread for a couple weeks now and am getting antsy with some people getting acceptances already...not really expecting good news, but any news at this point would be greatly appreciated!!! GAHH

7 hours ago, abswk said:

well good luck!!! when did you apply? im hoping to hear back by the end of this week!

I only applied Feb 2.... All of you people that applied before the priority deadline, who still haven't received word, is making me super nervous.... if it's taking them so long because there are so many more people that applied this year than before, and it's rolling admissions, will it cap out at some point?? Maybe?? Good luck to all of us!! Oy.

2 hours ago, justsomename12 said:

I only applied Feb 2.... All of you people that applied before the priority deadline, who still haven't received word, is making me super nervous.... if it's taking them so long because there are so many more people that applied this year than before, and it's rolling admissions, will it cap out at some point?? Maybe?? Good luck to all of us!! Oy.

yea wow i didn't even think of that!! very nerve wracking!!! Will post as soon as i get a response!