Quit Playing Games (With My Heart) / Projected Rejections

11 hours ago, LibraryLivingJT said:

Yes, I will be taking tons of notes and pics when I visit U of D! 

Excellent!! I can't wait to hear about it! 

10 hours ago, punctilious said:

I’m honestly jealous that you guys get to go to the admitted student days. I’ll just be walking around or hanging in hotel rooms... :unsure:

Omg! I hope you get to go to some of the meet and greets!!??? 

11 hours ago, Warelin said:

@a_sort_of_fractious_angel: fwiw, Penn State is still reviewing applications and will be until April 15. :)

Innnnnteresting. Thanks @Warelin :D Their process is something that I find especially mystifying!

7 minutes ago, automatic said:

Do we think it's an implied rejection from Yale if no news/call today? In these cases is it worth calling or emailing to inquire about your individual status or should we give it some time?

In the past, Yale has spread out acceptances over several days :)

10 minutes ago, automatic said:

Ah, UMichigan too....does anyone know their processes for notification usually? 

From my hours of scouring this forum and the results board, I think we can expect to hear back via email LITERALLY AT ANY MOMENT. I'm sooo anxious. The last two years, acceptances went out via email on Feb 16/17, and then in 2015 on Feb 12/13. Rejections went out several days later.

Edit: Shit. Just saw the acceptances on the board. Damn. It ain't over til it's over, I guess. 

Edited by JustPoesieAlong

4 minutes ago, JustPoesieAlong said:

From my hours of scouring this forum and the results board, I think we can expect to hear back via email LITERALLY AT ANY MOMENT. I'm sooo anxious. The last two years, acceptances went out via email on Feb 16/17, and then in 2015 on Feb 12/13. Rejections went out several days later.

Ugh me too. So acceptances took 1-2 days both years prior, you mean? GAHHHH the LITERALLY AT ANY MOMENT is the part that's killing me.

3 minutes ago, JustPoesieAlong said:

48 hours. I can make it 48 hours. We can make it 48 hours. Maybe it's a little under 48 hours? I'm going to go calculate it and then convert it into minutes and then seconds and then make a song about my feelings in the style of Rent.

5 minutes ago, automatic said:

Are acceptances sent out individually or are they mass emails? I don't understand why it would take more than an hour I guess or even a second!!!! 

That I don't know...But it does seem to be a trend with many departments--staggering out emails over a few hours or even a few days. :( 

Edited by JustPoesieAlong

4 minutes ago, a_sort_of_fractious_angel said:

If you blast Destiny's Child loud enough and scream-sing along to "Survivor," the nausea kind of goes away.

Good point but how could I listen to the silence of my email then??

3 minutes ago, jpbends said:

There are four acceptances up and they typically take around 12 people, so I'm not sure what to make of it. I mean, I know not all the people accepted are on gradcafe, so they've probably notified more (or there are people who just haven't/aren't going to post theirs). Here's another implied rejection :^/

I think they've sent out waitlist notifications a day or so after the acceptances, so maybe tomorrow will tell more. Based on the rapid fire of posts, I'm inclined to think they sent out all the emails at once. I'll probably call Friday if I don't hear by then.