Quit Playing Games (With My Heart) / Projected Rejections

On 2/17/2018 at 7:08 PM, Metaevalist said:

Thanks! 

Unrelated--but I see that you were accepted to Maryland! Congrats! May I ask what you field/era is? I'd also love to know if you have details on funding (we're waitlisted). Feel free to PM if you'd prefer!

Edit: Jk I read your profile so I know your field now! :)

Edited by punctilious

7 minutes ago, OceansAreBlue said:

Can NYU just sent me their rejection email? I know that I am out. But an official email will bring finality to it. Aargh!

I am tired of waiting for THE NYU REJECTION.

THIS. Exactly! I was holding out hope for the waitlist, but now that an MA acceptance is up, its quite likely they're done notifying all admits/waitlists. 

2 hours ago, FunkyFitz said:

Anyone else apply to / still waiting to hear anything from Fordham? Based on previous years, I thought they would have notified by now, but I haven't seen any acceptances on the results board. 

Yep! All I got was that random newsletter? Kind of an afterthought at this point because I've pretty much made up my mind to go elsewhere! Would be nice to have closure though.

Might have missed this already, but has anybody else heard from Brown or Berkeley? I saw some mentions on the acceptance thread about a few people hearing, but I'm dying to know because these are my last two schools. I'm in a IU-Bloomington, which is exciting, so I'm waiting on these two before I make my final decision.

5 minutes ago, agunns said:

Might have missed this already, but has anybody else heard from Brown or Berkeley? I saw some mentions on the acceptance thread about a few people hearing, but I'm dying to know because these are my last two schools. I'm in a IU-Bloomington, which is exciting, so I'm waiting on these two before I make my final decision.

Waiting on Brown here. Looks like most (if not all) acceptances have gone out, as have most rejections. I’m not sure what they’re doing but apparently we will hear back ‘soon, if not today.’

6 minutes ago, agunns said:

Brown hopes to release decisions "soon, if not today."

3 minutes ago, punctilious said:

Waiting on Brown here. Looks like most (if not all) acceptances have gone out, as have most rejections. I’m not sure what they’re doing but apparently we will hear back ‘soon, if not today.’

Well that's good to know that it will soon, I guess. I'm more or less expecting a rejection but was holding out a little bit of hope!

3 minutes ago, agunns said:

Well that's good to know that it will soon, I guess. I'm more or less expecting a rejection but was holding out a little bit of hope!

Same here! Though with the extended torture I think we deserve to get acceptances from them. Lol. ;)

So, I was an idiot and did not set up my Duke Onelink account in order to view the application portal... I'm pretty sure I have not been invited to interview, unless for some reason that invitation would have been sent out through the portal that I had not set up at the time when they were sending them out. Can anyone confirm to me that interviews would have been sent out by email directly back when they were first sent? 

Also, more generally, I still don't have a rejection from Duke in the portal. Is this normal? Preeeetty sure I'm rejected, but since I messed up I'm hoping y'all can set me straight on some of this. 

4 minutes ago, Cormacc said:

So, I was an idiot and did not set up my Duke Onelink account in order to view the application portal... I'm pretty sure I have not been invited to interview, unless for some reason that invitation would have been sent out through the portal that I had not set up at the time when they were sending them out. Can anyone confirm to me that interviews would have been sent out by email directly back when they were first sent? 

Also, more generally, I still don't have a rejection from Duke in the portal. Is this normal? Preeeetty sure I'm rejected, but since I messed up I'm hoping y'all can set me straight on some of this. 

I'm thinking Duke Literature is an implied rejection for me. I am quite confused as well. I was not asked to interview and I still have no news. FYI, I set up my Onelink account when I submitted my application. Maybe they aren't finished sending out rejections??? 

On 2/14/2018 at 4:21 PM, Jacqui said:

Actually, I was hoping to work with Adrian Matejka! (Though Ross is a ray of sunshine.)

Has anyone received any MFA rejections from Indiana Bloomington? It seems like most/if not all of the poetry acceptances were sent out last week, and I just think it's strange that no rejections have been sent yet (at least not that I know of). 

I didn't see any replies to this.....but I haven't heard back from Indiana yet regarding fiction. Anyone else? 

51 minutes ago, WildeThing said:

I didn't post it but I got mine early this morning, too.

Huh, I haven't heard anything, and my decision page still says ND, though I am sure I am rejected as well. And there haven't been a lot of rejections posted to the Results board. I wonder what's going on.

5 minutes ago, bpilgrim89 said:

Huh, I haven't heard anything, and my decision page still says ND, though I am sure I am rejected as well. And there haven't been a lot of rejections posted to the Results board. I wonder what's going on.

Someone call them! Maybe they’ll give details (Brown and Tufts did when we called).

My friend at UCR said they're doing another round of acceptances tomorrow and my Academia profile has been viewed 4 times by someone(s?) in Riverside in the past two days. I'm trying not to get my hopes up - it could just be a student working on a paper. Ugh!

8 minutes ago, punctilious said:

Someone call them! Maybe they’ll give details (Brown and Tufts did when we called).

I so admire your courage! I can barely manage to compose an email to my advisor, let alone cold-call another university's English department!

7 minutes ago, ThePandaBard said:

My friend at UCR said they're doing another round of acceptances tomorrow and my Academia profile has been viewed 4 times by someone(s?) in Riverside in the past two days. I'm trying not to get my hopes up - it could just be a student working on a paper. Ugh!

I get the feeling, someone tweaked something on my application last week so I’m perpetually checking my app for any sign of another change. 

I don’t know if it was you, but someone mentioned UCR was deciding tomorrow- would that mean the acceptances go out tomorrow or during the weekend? 

From what everyone has said and the past acceptances on the results forum, UCR admits in rounds, so they're deliberating tomorrow again (a few invites have already gone out) and probably another time or two after that, with maybe acceptances going out within the different rounds. That's my understanding to how it works. 

19 minutes ago, ThePandaBard said:

Interesting! Thanks for this information!