Quit Playing Games (With My Heart) / Projected Rejections

4 hours ago, eliserichelle said:

It looks like last year they started notifying around the 16th.... so...... queue palpitations.

I am praying with every fiber of my being...I've gotten only rejections so far and I feel like UVA is my last remaining hope. I feel like not a ton of people here are waiting for it as well so I wonder how informative the board will end up being. Ugh in a way I hope they prolong notifying, though, because if it's another rejection I'd let the hope I may still get in last a little longer. 

18 minutes ago, automatic said:

I am praying with every fiber of my being...I've gotten only rejections so far and I feel like UVA is my last remaining hope. I feel like not a ton of people here are waiting for it as well so I wonder how informative the board will end up being. Ugh in a way I hope they prolong notifying, though, because if it's another rejection I'd let the hope I may still get in last a little longer. 

With you 100% on this. I'll certainly update if I hear any news from them and I'm sure there are others like me who aren't active posters but who will update at least the survey.

10 hours ago, automatic said:

Same, so same.  Virginia is such a strong fit for me and it's one of the last I have to hear from after nothing but rejections.  I feel like there are a lot of us on this board that really need some good news, so let's just pray that for some reason universe listens and we all get in! <3

Can anyone offer some insight into Penn State's notification process for their PhD program?  I've seen that some people have been admitted to the masters and some others have been contacted by the DGS(?) to let them know that they are on the wait list.  But it's all seemed very sporadic, and I haven't heard of anything concrete concerning the PhD.

34 minutes ago, chellyfish_ said:

Are we betting that the UC Irvine rejection up is a mistake? I feel like if it were real there'd be way more of them? Someone else who applied there needs to come talk me down off the well-MAYBE-i'm-waitlisted ledge just because I didn't get a rejection email hahah

I haven’t gotten an email either and someone who got an unofficial phone acceptance hinted that official UCI results might be sent out today. Fingers crossed for the both of us! 

Rejected from Irvine, email just came in! I looked at my phone and went "woooo! rejected!..." in this voice that came out WAY smaller and sadder than I was planning for it to, lol, but I did see this one coming. Riverside, you're my only hope for staying in California.

Edited by hotpotato

My main POI from USC is so incredibly sweet - he helped me so much with apps and wrote me a letter of rec.

He told me that USC for English was likely done sending out their acceptances, so don't hold your breath if you are waiting to hear from there!

He also wished me luck, to let him know where I end up going, and to keep in email contact with him to update him on how I'm doing in a program.

So grateful for helpful and kind people working in academia.

3 minutes ago, LibraryLivingJT said:

For anyone in this thread doing American Studies apps as well, I just got my expected rejection from Brown.

Aw man, schools are just whipping out the rejections today, aren't they?

43 minutes ago, punctilious said:

Aw man, schools are just whipping out the rejections today, aren't they?

Maybe many programs are now realizing it's especially cruel to send declinations on St Valentine's day.  Just a thought.  I received two decisions yesterday, one good and one bad, which I'm sure was decided either last week or early this week.  They could have been emailed just as easily on Valentine's day, but I got them a day later.   

Ahhh the Princeton acceptances on the results board and the silence from CUNY today are making for a stressful Friday afternoon! I knew Princeton was a stretch (understatement) but I'm still holding out hope for CUNY!