Quit Playing Games (With My Heart) / Projected Rejections

8 minutes ago, cafeduneant said:

Is anyone else being ghosted by Columbia? Looks like mostly everyone has received notice, but I haven't received anything. Wondering if it's a glitch, since waitlists went out, too... I'm also waiting to hear from Brown. 

The limbo... it's so frustrating.

When I talked to the Brown grad manager last week, I told her my husband's name and she said it "should be a good thing" that we haven't heard yet, and that they do not have a wait list, but some applicants have been "set aside" and are "pending." Whatever all that means.

GOOD LUCK!

Another waiting for Washington!  I'm not allowing myself to think that they'll have movement this week since moooost of the week is still going to be February, so I'm hegding my bets on next week! 

Also waiting and stressing over UCSB :wacko: I just want into the admissions panels braaaiiinnnsss, what's taking so long??

4 hours ago, roycedoyce said:

So what kind of results are we expecting this week? I'm still waiting on UC Riverside and UCSB...

Also. These are the only two schools I got full applications into. 

I emailed the graduate advisor for ucsb (who'd answered questions for me before) and the email bounced back. 

Rejected at Harvard! I suppose I'll never get the satisfaction of pummeling a Yalie. Oh well. 

3 acceptances and 13 rejections is the final tally! It's been a wild ride, folks, but I'm glad to have gone through it with you all! 

5 minutes ago, OceansAreBlue said:

@clinamen @Zooks Have you guys heard anything from NYU? I became so frustated that I mailed them last week. I absolutely need a response from NYU now.

No, I still haven't heard anything! I'd like to put NYU to bed myself, though it is already sitting in the rejection pile for me. 

5 hours ago, roycedoyce said:

So what kind of results are we expecting this week? I'm still waiting on UC Riverside and UCSB...

I’m waiting on Purdue and Tennessee.  Some MAs from Tennessee are on the board but no Rhet/Comp PhDs have been posted since the first round of rejections over a month ago...

23 minutes ago, FreakyFoucault said:

Rejected at Harvard! I suppose I'll never get the satisfaction of pummeling a Yalie. Oh well. 

3 acceptances and 13 rejections is the final tally! It's been a wild ride, folks, but I'm glad to have gone through it with you all! 

The wait is over for you?! Well, congratulations on officially entering decision mode! That's so exciting! It's funny, I feel like you got all of your acceptances wicked early, then had to ride out the wave of rejection. This process is something else. Unpredictable.

I'm sorry to hear about Harvard--but we'll deal with the Yalies on your behalf. ;)

58 minutes ago, LexHex said:

I emailed the graduate advisor for ucsb (who'd answered questions for me before) and the email bounced back. 

HUuuhhhhh...like an out of office bounce back or a 'this email does not exist' bounce back?  Sorry for the prying, but my admissions curiosity/anxiety is at a high :lol:

58 minutes ago, punctilious said:

The wait is over for you?! Well, congratulations on officially entering decision mode! That's so exciting! It's funny, I feel like you got all of your acceptances wicked early, then had to ride out the wave of rejection. This process is something else. Unpredictable.

I'm sorry to hear about Harvard--but we'll deal with the Yalies on your behalf. ;)

"Unpredictable" is exactly apropos. My last acceptance was 25 days ago! Since then, I've gotten 13 rejections, which comes out to almost .5 per day. So February has been, at different times, one of the most joyous yet also consistently disappointing months of my life! It's been strange, to say the least, and I still haven't finished processing all the thoughts and emotions. But now comes the time for visits, and I'm happy as a clam! 

Be careful with the Yalies, though. I hear they fight dirty. 

1 hour ago, chellyfish_ said:

HUuuhhhhh...like an out of office bounce back or a 'this email does not exist' bounce back?  Sorry for the prying, but my admissions curiosity/anxiety is at a high :lol:

This email does not exist.

But is seems that the lady moved offices. I just googled her. Andrea Ellickson.

58 minutes ago, DeePee16 said:

Anybody been ghosted by Columbia? How should I read not having received a response yet?

I'd suggest giving the grad coordinator a call. Our call with Brown about a similar situation was somewhat illuminating.

37 minutes ago, jpbends said:

I don't know how helpful this will be and I hate to be a bearer of bad news, but I'm pretty sure NYU is done notifying re: anything positive. They sent out acceptances for the PhD program two weeks ago, and then those the referred to the MA program last week. I think flat-out rejections should be coming soon.

Thank you. I had mailed DGS last week and he replied me this morning telling me that I had not made it.As far as the MA is concerned,  I had categorically asked NYU not to consider me for MA. So, I would never expect to hear anything about MA.

I love NYU's PhD program. I am sad that I did not make it. However, I do have some amazing acceptances. So that heals the pain.

Good luck to you!

6 minutes ago, eliserichelle said:

Anyone have any insight on Syracuse?  I know of one English person who's gotten accepted, but it's hard to tell if the other acceptances have been English or Comp/Rhet.

I know Comp/Rhet heard last week, and I (Lit) got accepted on Monday. So, at this point, I think both have gone out. 

Edited by signandsignifiers