Quit Playing Games (With My Heart) / Projected Rejections

I haven't heard from anyone else waiting on their Emory rejection, but I have theorized that the two rejections on the board right now are out of the pool of those who were interviewed but didn't make it. I expect the rest of the rejections for folks who didn't interview will come through the grad school in the next week or so. 

Is anyone else still waiting to hear from UIUC? It’s the only school standing between me and my decision right now. I’ve sent them an email two or three days ago, no reply so far. Anyone has a clue on what’s going on?

54 minutes ago, JustPoesieAlong said:

I haven't heard from anyone else waiting on their Emory rejection, but I have theorized that the two rejections on the board right now are out of the pool of those who were interviewed but didn't make it. I expect the rest of the rejections for folks who didn't interview will come through the grad school in the next week or so. 

I wasn’t interviewed and was rejected at the same time as those other ones on the results board—just too blah over all my rejections to be posting them all when others are posting as well.

1 hour ago, Bookly521 said:

I also emailed because I JUST WANT TO KNOW. Pretty standard answer that results will be out "by the end of next week, March 16th." I just wish they's hurry up. @LeeLeeCzechIrish I'm also wondering about those two waitlist postings....

I have basically already made up my mind about going to UConn, but I want the rejection letter from Fordham so I can have closure!!

4 minutes ago, LeeLeeCzechIrish said:

I have basically already made up my mind about going to UConn, but I want the rejection letter from Fordham so I can have closure!!

I'm still waiting to hear back from two schools. Don't have my hopes up although the results search isn't saying much for either. I also just want the closure. Put me outta my misery already

37 minutes ago, unicornsarereal said:

I wasn’t interviewed and was rejected at the same time as those other ones on the results board—just too blah over all my rejections to be posting them all when others are posting as well.

That's totally understandable! Thanks for sharing. Now I'm even more confused about their system, though. I did message the grad coordinator about a month ago (when the acceptances/waitlists/rejections were posted), and he said they are still "finalizing their list of admits". Is it too obnoxious to email him again, I wonder? 

28 minutes ago, themoderncondition said:

Fordham is still a real contender for me. It may be the best choice, depending on funding. Not thrilled about waiting a whole ‘nother week. 

I would love to go to Fordham. I think it's a good fit for me, but the waiting is killing me

On 3/8/2018 at 10:38 AM, LibraryLivingJT said:

Still waiting on SUNY Binghamton and U of Arizona (but DGS at U of A, when I emailed, said to expect results next week).

Good luck! It doesn't look like Arizona has sent any decisions, have they?

16 hours ago, roycedoyce said:

I am still waiting on UCR and I was wondering if you had to email them first to be notified about the waitlist, or they email me first? I guess if its the latter, I'm getting a rejection soon, hah!

I emailed the program coordinator an update on a conference (got accepted as chair for a panel) and later that day the faculty chair emailed me my application status as waitlisted. I don't know if the two events are related though.

23 hours ago, JustPoesieAlong said:

That's totally understandable! Thanks for sharing. Now I'm even more confused about their system, though. I did message the grad coordinator about a month ago (when the acceptances/waitlists/rejections were posted), and he said they are still "finalizing their list of admits". Is it too obnoxious to email him again, I wonder? 

I would call and then you only have to give your name if they have a final list. I might just be too paranoid tho

4 minutes ago, unicornsarereal said:

I would call and then you only have to give your name if they have a final list. I might just be too paranoid tho

Oh, I think I'll do that. Good idea, thanks! I hope you don't mind me asking, but did your notification come from the Grad School or the department? 

5 minutes ago, JustPoesieAlong said:

Oh, I think I'll do that. Good idea, thanks! I hope you don't mind me asking, but did your notification come from the Grad School or the department? 

The grad school emailed me a rejection

I called Emory to see what is up--and first off, I want to say how very nice their graduate coordinator is. This is the second or third time I've spoken with him, and he's been super friendly and helpful every time. He said that they are finalizing their stuff now and that all applicants would hear something by the end of next week at the latest. I asked him if, since I wasn't interviewed, if I could kind of assume a rejection and he suggested their process isn't quite that straightforward, but he couldn't say much more than that. I don't have my hopes up or anything, but it's interesting to know that there's more going on in the process than I had thought. 

Edited by JustPoesieAlong

6 minutes ago, ThePandaBard said:

UCR emailed me and asked to schedule a phone call for later today. I'm hoping it's a movement off the wait list - I can't imagine they'd call to reject me or to say that my status has stayed the same.

I really hope so! Keep us updated! :D

12 minutes ago, ThePandaBard said:

UCR emailed me and asked to schedule a phone call for later today. I'm hoping it's a movement off the wait list - I can't imagine they'd call to reject me or to say that my status has stayed the same.

Oooo exciting! Fingers crossed! 

34 minutes ago, ThePandaBard said:

UCR was just checking to make sure I wanted to be on the wait list and to hear if I had other offers. They said they'd know more in 7-10 days. Ugh. My heart is broken by that call.

I think there's a good chance that you'll make it off the waitlist. :)

7 minutes ago, ThePandaBard said:

I don't. I was top of the wait list two years ago at UCR before my MA and they didn't end up going to the wait list. 

I hope you're wrong and that you get accepted at UCR!

From my interactions with talking to multiple programs this year, most seem to be accepting fewer applicants outright and a few have managed to better utilize their waitlist because they're no longer accepting twice as many people as they have spots. :)

I was invited (as were 12  other people) to a "top applicant" day at Northeastern with meals and presentations and, we found out when we got there, several interviews with faculty and heads of dept; on Fri I found out I am wait-listed. Disappointed. Being a great school in a great city I am supposing that they won't be utilizing the wait-list. 

Edited by Melville
made a mistake